Reddit gets the best info! Graphics guy lets some info slip

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PaladinZERO, Mar 15, 2013.

1. LightningWolfTigrBer

To the TR upset over the proposed melee weapons, I'd gladly trade you my sword for knuckles. Swords are so played out, I'd much rather punch my enemies to death. Far more intimate ;)

You and everybody else that didn't just pick up the Flash shotgun. They look empire specific so no doubt they're gonna be popular.

If they're going to give the Prowler 4 barrels, I agree, they really ought to stack them. Not only would it look better aesthetically, but would allow for much more precise placement of your shells. But then, they may be using that spread configuration as a means of reducing it's accuracy.
  2. Covah

April fool's quad canon.
  3. SgtScum

That kobalt is a mower of infanty and max suits well out of the range they can even think about hitting you.

Of course its weak to lockons but then again its a flash and you shouldn't be sitting still for long.

Can't wait to get the cloak unlocked. :)
  4. Hosp

5. nubery

[IMG]

Power fists are amazing. Think of the knuckles like them. Or propose them to be remodeled like them.

My hope is these weapons can damage vehicles. Then I can truly pretend this is the Warhammer 40k universe.

NC are Space Marines.

TR are Chaos.

VS are Eldar.
  6. Cougarbrit

Are you mad? In what way are the NC like the Space Marines? Freedom loving corporate hippies don't mix with fanatical warriors that value loyalty over all.

TR are Space Marines. NC can be some crappy IG reg.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

NC is ultramarines because they have the same colors. :p Vanu is dark eldar.
  8. Cougarbrit

NC are the same colours as the Thousands Sons too, and the Alaitoc. Colours aren't the deciding factor here, it's their personality. And Space Amurricah is no substitute for Space Marine.
  9. OgreMarkX

Actually, the NC Max will get insta-gib brass knuckles + an extra set of arms + the before rumored super shield ability (a la their tanks) + the usual speed ability but twice as fast with zero cool down.

Whereas the TR MAX is getting boxing gloves with Hello Kitty decals (you can remove the decals with 500 SC purchase of decal-eraser). The gloves can only be used when the rumored new TR MAX special ability of LOCK DOWN is active. "COME AT ME BRAH! Wait...what the...stop dancing around me,!I can't turn, oh crap NC MAX with dual auto shotties...ARGH"

The Vanu MAX is getting a deployable yoga mat.
    • Up x 1
  10. PaladinZERO

Well, I just found the ammo for the quad Prowler cannons,

[IMG]

Looks cool, can't say that it will hit hard.
    • Up x 1
  11. turtlestation

I really wish they would post this stuff here instead of on the Internet Upboats Machine.
    • Up x 1
  12. Littleman

NC have the heavy gauss weaponry that most resembles bolters. TR are pretty much Imperium Guard or Orks with their numbers motto. VS are more like Tau than they are Eldar.
    • Up x 1
  13. Klondik3

I fear that only kind of hammer that NC MAX will get is nerf hammer
  14. nubery

Hopeful imagination because I rolled the wrong faction because of my friends playing NC.

Played TR all of PlanetSide.

The only relation I can make is NC maxes with hammers. Chaos don't really use power hammers ever. TR are completely space marines, NC are just... I suppose cosmetically closer? Not even that. It really just boiled down to hammers = space marines (mostly)

Unless you count gauss weaponry sort of being like bolters. It's far closer than TRs bullet hoses.

I apologize for my heresy. May the Emperor grant me a misery filled doom.
  15. sosolidshoe

Speak for yourself, fleshy baseline human; Ave Omnissiah, Gloriam Deus Mechanicus, Hail Vanu :p

Also, really, swords and hammers? *sigh* Would it really be so hard to just make MAX suits proper walking man-tanks like they were in PS1, rather than all this sort of gimmicky crap?
  16. NinjaTurtle

Continent locks will sort out the **** on Indar. Locking the damn thing will force players to fight elsewhere.
  17. OgreMarkX

I'm sure a 4th continent will be jolly fun on Helios where Indar is:

31% VS
    45% NC
    24% TR

And Amerish and Esamir are pretty much:

70% VS or NC
    20% VS or NC
    10% TR

Gunna be fun as TR dispersing the smallest pop between four continents.

Heh.

Game design.
  18. WalrusJones

You don't see the fury cause your already dead.
  19. Ganelon

Bolters are rocket propelled, that's nowhere near Gauss weaponry.

Vanu are nothing like the Mechanicus, Vanu are more like the Tau or Eldar. But since the VS lack common sense and psychic power, I'd go with Tau.
  20. Littleman

It's much closer than what the TR use (casings filled with gun powder!)