[Suggestion] requested. TR long range setup

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Vikarius, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Vikarius

I love the TMG 50, till the last patch bugged it along with the hit detection for it and a lot of guns (roughly 50% of on target rounds are hitting).

As for medic, I find the sabre, even with a compensator and 3.4x severly lacking. I could try a foregrip but not sure it worth wasting 100 certs on unless it somehow can turn crap to gold. It seems the NS11 is better at long range even. Any other suggestions for medic and long range setup for TR?
  2. Karrs

SABR-13. Hands down. The best mid- to long-range rifle the TR has. Very high damage per round, compared to the rest of TR's riflery. Switch it to single shot and fire away.
    • Up x 1
  3. jp5a9852

I'm pretty sure the Sabr 13 can get advanced grip, although it's 200 certs it's probably worth it. I play medic and saved up certs to buy the t1s, like most guns I found it to be lacking but better than stock. I then saved up for the NS-11a and it is better but lacks at close range as you'd expect, it would probably be better if I could aim. I'm and currently saving up for the Sabr 13 or TAR. Stats say the TAR is more accurate but it's ROF will negate that. In any case the VR training area comes out next week and if I'm correct you'll be able to test the weapons there.
  4. frncsHawaii

Wish I could trade my Gauss Rifle S for the SABR13 =/

Anyways, for the SABR13, you really need to fire in semi-auto or two to three bursts because it has equal horizontal recoil in both directions. The Advanced Forward Grip will lessen the random shaking from firing, allowing you to have longer bursts. May I also recommend you try using the 4x Scope? (not the Laser 4x Scope) The 4x Scope has chevrons that will help you assess bullet drop for long range shots but doesn't sacrifice peripheral vision like the 6x Scope. Lastly, you don't need to bother with High Velocity Ammo if you're cert starved.
  5. Paulus

Have they changed the SABR-13 since i used it last? i thought it was only a choice of semi-auto / burstfire mode anyway?
  6. Takoita

Are you sure you aren't confusing something here? Isn't SABR a one/two-shot only gun with a strong side pull?
  7. DuckSauce

Use the two shot bursts and click rapidly. At the ranges you want to use it, rapid bursting > full auto anyways.
  8. frncsHawaii

rofl, that's what I get for posting late nights =/
  9. Dusty Lens

The SABR is a trap! The additions you add onto it do not aid in the second shot recoil! It'll fire just as well without them as with. I've a lot of certs sunk into that thing which are laughing at me.

That being said your stock rifle or an NS11 will do the trick as well as any.
  10. Ghostloadout

I have a friend who swears by the sabr up and down, that it's the best gun in the game, but when i use the same weapon with the same attachments i do extremely poorly *comp, adv. Foregrip, HV, 3.4x* Personally i love the NS11-A for long range, even there the T1s works as well, not really too many long range guns for TR that are good. I mean, I thoroughly think that the TRV with a foregrip is absolutely monstrous for any range, but really it comes down to this. NS-11-Extreme control (Full-auto works even at range) / SABR-13-Lucky DPS (absolutely horrid for CQB, even with the drop on an enemy). You have to make your decision on that.
  11. MrIDoK

It really depends on how you play, but the 2 best choices are these:
    The NS-11A relies on superior recoil control that allows you to put more bullets at range. I still have to see if it's really that better than a T1S with HVA, compensator and foregrip. Probably yes, but the difference may not be worth the 1000 certs.
    The setup is simply foregrip, 4x optics of your choice and compensator. I wouldn't go for the high velocity ammo as it has already a very high bullet speed compared to the other assault rifles.

The SABR-13 is basically the Gauss Rifle Burst with a few tweaks here and there.
    It's not a sniping weapon, but the higher damage per bullet and the low first shot recoil multiplier allow for a consistent rate of fire at distance and good dps.
    At more than 70-80 meters the single-shot mode is required to not waste the second shot of the burst, but at less distance you just select the 2-round burst and aim at the upper chest... 2-3 bursts and the enemy dies quickly and efficiently.
    The setup is: compensator, advanced foregrip and the 4x optic you like the most. HVA would simply be a waste, as the speed is already higher, beaten only by the NS-11A (640 vs 620, nothing major), and the slightly slower damage degradation isn't worth it honestly.
  12. Jakko

Don't underestimate the accuracy of the default cycler. With the forward grip and a magnified optic this weapon gets the job done at range.
  13. vulkkan

The T1S cycler is incredibly accurate. It's better at range than the NS-11, SABR-13, and T1, and has way more attachments available.
  14. Arcanotechnician

I've recently been playing with the sabr for range, with the x6 sight. Gun puts the battle rifles to shame.
  15. MrIDoK

I'm using a T1S with HVA, flash suppressor, grip and 3.4x DMO... It's very good for single shots at range, but the balanced recoil hampers burst firing a lot compared even to the default cycler with a grip because the recoil magnitude is slightly higher on the T1S.

The SABR is a better alternative for mid range and can work perfectly at long range. During its trial i wrecked people at less than 50 meters thanks to the two-shot burst and at 120-150 meters you can plink people to death easily and quickly, more so than with the T1S. Also, the forced burst fire helps with ammo conservation.

The NS-11 is redundant... it's a mid range weapon designed for accurate sustained fire. An assault rifle version of the T5 AMC or the T16 Rhino. It's a bit better than the T1S, but without the underbarrel weapons it's a bit meh... And doesn't sound as good as TR guns, imho. :D