[Suggestion] Toggling Off the Auto-Assist Aim Centering

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Mar 14, 2013.

1. TheBloodEagle

Anyone else noticing this? Was it always like this (am I nuts)? When you fire your weapon, even auto and let go of LMB, the weapon will readjust itself quickly to go back to its original position. I feel like it's kinda messing up my own adjustments to where I want to go after firing. Can we toggle this off please?
    • Up x 3
  2. Loegi

Wasn't always like this, but I think they added it in the beta somewhere.
  3. TheBloodEagle

Bump. I want to know if anyone one else is noticing this.
  4. the pestimist

auto-aiming for console I wonder what is happening here:rolleyes:. Oh well least the 360 controller guys have it easier.
  5. Kurreah

Are you talking about the recoil decrease of each weapon?
  6. MaximL

It's called "Recoil decrease" it depends on weapon and it's not "auto aim"
  7. Munq

This has been in the game for a long time. It even had a big issue with the auto adjusting feature:

• Up x 4
  8. WalrusJones

Recoil down is an attribute on its own, I am pretty certain..... It is much more integrated into gun balance then you would think, as....
    This auto-compensation happens while you are firing too.

"Recoil Decrease is the amount of recoil countered per second."

You would be disadvantaging yourself, disabling it.
  9. Soylent

It was in the game since the release at least.
  10. TheBloodEagle

I'm not talking about gun stats and recoil. I'm talking about when after firing and letting go of LMB, your gun will quickly move back to its starting position rather than staying at where ever the aim of the gun went while firing. It auto-readjusts itself. I want this to be an option than can be toggled off. It's basically what they do for Console games.

Yup!
  11. FateJH

Why are you trying to tell me how I aim my gun?
  12. WalrusJones

Firing extended bursts like that Isn't even effective past a certain range, due to bloom.
  13. Munq

I am not trying to tell you how to do it. Just telling that there has been issue with this before.
  14. TheBloodEagle

I don't really understand why we need this as PC gamers. Hell, they're at MLG now doing the "e-sport" circuit. I would think mouse & keyboard players would prefer to toggle off this auto-adjust feature. It makes sense for console players or folks using a gamepad with a thumbstick but I want to have more control with my mouse.

Some people may not notice it but to me it's really noticeable especially because I'm an HA LMG player and when one target is killed, I aim for the next, but this thing forces the aim to go back to where it originally was rather than allowing me to continue from where I am, which is quite annoying.
  15. Nocturnal7x

Never noticed this. Guess its that easy to get use to.
  16. Hoki

I think the put in some code to help reduce it from overcompensating.

I didn't even notice it until I payed attention to the video, I always compensate my aim so when it corrects mine its usually like 2 - 3 mm