waterson vs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GeneralCanada, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Urban Cohort

TR on Mattherson capped two continents within 8 hours of the update, so in yo face :) And before that we'd capped Esamir within 10 hours after the server merge (SolTech POWAH, we're people too, we have souls!).

Still, it's a good job - my sincere congratulations (I know I sound snarky, but I'm being honest).

I can only assume that that was the attitude we had about HVAR Tech at the SW gate =____=
  2. Warlyik

I'm pretty sure this was the exact same thing that happened immediately after NC got the North Warpgate a while back. Oh, and the VS were whining up a ****storm, claiming that the MBT nerf was what was causing their poor performance - when it really was the warpgate location. Now, TR are the ones complaining.

In other words, not a surprise, and not something to be particularly proud of. Give it a week or so, and it'll be back to stalemate with random zerg caps in the wee hours of the morning.
  3. Vanu Superiority

I suspected this would happen. I was zerging indar last night, and I knew a cap was coming. I mean, we were already coming down on the NC hard, and I was part of a massive zerg against the TR I knew would go all the way. I logged off though because low frame rates were literally giving me motion sickness. But I'm not surprised.

I just hope VS doesn't go back to our tactics when we owned the SW warp gate where we would ONLY fight on indar, ignoring the other continents.
  4. joe smo

all i can say is WOW!
    A fraction FINALLY captured the continent!
    i mean what 1 week after GU3 the continent was neutralized and has stayed that way sense!
    and DAM it was not the TR that finally broke the stalemate:(.
  5. 5karn

Actually the TR held onto the cap for a week or to after the rotation, it wasn't right away. My guess that it was both the Mag nerf and the WG loc, they lead to a very unfavourable condition, namely poor moral, which intern caused the VS pop to drop. As soon as the mag gets a small unnerf and a new WG, BAM Confidence back. Hell I'm seeing reactive leadership again from my outfit commanders, as we had frankly gotten a little blase in the past weeks.

I'm sure we will see just that, until we either lose the cap or Hossin is released at least. We are a very suborn and organized community, especially now that we are getting our group confidence back. This kinda like coming back home after our long exile to Amerish, our on and off again favorite cap since we lost Indar. The NC did next to nothing else during the week they owned Indar and we are going to be no different. Hell i didn't even see Esamir or amerish until after we lost the Indar cap.
  6. TotalNoob

Totally OP faction amasses more population than everyone and finally accomplishes something shocker.

In other news EA screws up another high profile release.
  7. 5karn

Are we seriously going back to the Vanu is OP argument again? Really? It's lame when you do it, it's lame when people claim the TR are OP and it's lame when people whine about Scatmaxs. The truth is we are almost mirrors of eachother with very small differences for flavor, and idiots keep whining about those very small differences so they have something to while about. Just stop if you want to make any sort of coherent point.

Looking at the global server pops vanu had a huge cont pop benefit at the time of the cap but the least populated World pop. Basically looks like the VA saw that everyone else was playing with themselves in VR and sent out the call for every VS to report to Indar ASAP. Moral and Organization are key.
  8. Warlyik

Personally I don't think it valid that someone talks about balance with a score as bad as yours.

It's pretty clear there are still some fairly significant imbalances at work. Just from an NC perspective:

Worst MBT. Huge target, worst maneuverability, lowest DPS.
    Worst ESF. Again.. bulky target, easy to hit, low maneuverability.
    Meh starter infantry weapons. It at least gets decent with some upgrades.

People complain that Scatmaxes are OP. I think it's rubbish. They're only good at their one purpose: CQC. It's nothing at all like having an OP ESF or MBT. Maxes simply cannot perform more than one role at a time. And FYI, dual Falcons is more OP than the **** other people talk about when you face someone like me that can actually aim.

Oh, and as an Infiltrator, we still glow like ravers, making us exceptionally easy to spot at night in comparison to everyone else.
  9. hawken is better

But... it has already begun. As a matter of fact, that's the reason why this happened. VS had a whopping 3% pop on Esamir and a dimension-shattering 0% on Amerish, while the NC and TR were duking it out on both. In the long run, it's not really a big deal (check the map in the players section, the continent's been evened out now that the pops are balanced), but the boasting is funny none the less.
  10. OddChelsea

You have a short memory. The TR and NC have both capped Indar while having the northern warp gate. It was a nice accomplishment but get your facts straight before you start bragging.
  11. Mythicrose12

What time zone? I know VS were pushing hard between 6:00 p.m. CST and 11:00 p.m. CST (more or less prime time for an East Coast server) but we hadn't capped Indar at that point. We had both NC and TR to within three hexes of their gates but eventually TR pushed out when VS went to get the Crown out of NC hands.
  12. 5karn

Because I spend most my time running through explosions handing out ammo, repairing tanks and sitting my Sundie actively guarding it and generally being a supportive team player instead of shooting at the enemies my opinion on balance isn't valid? Even when I'm basically backing up your position and I have as much playtime as you? What?

I'm sorry i didn't know that sitting 500m back from the front lines and randomly sniping or tank farming like you do is the only way to truly understand the game. lol ;)

The truth is the grass is always greener when looking at the other factions. TR have the better ESF and you have the better Max, but calling them OP is lame, they are just slightly better, but that advantage comes with a trade off such as being more fragile in the case of the mossie or having little effect at range on the scatmax.
  13. Terrarion

you do know all esf have same health right? fragile? mossie have smallest hitbox btw. and lets not go into the gun placement and garbage auto aim assist on reaver.

edit: looks like there is improvement on aim assist front. i rest my case.
  14. TotalNoob

It's amusing how VS ezmode kiddies have embarrassed themselves ITT. Clearly the faction of choice for female night elve refuges.

It's a bit like a football team with all the best players not scoring a goal all season, then one day running on the pitch 15 minutes before kick off and all taking turns to boot the ball in the back of the net. Then walking away patting each other on the back and publising the event to the whole world.

Yeah... gg
  15. Aghar30

Still waiting for the but we were just farming you excuse that waterson TR love to throw around when they are losing.
  16. LibertyRevolution

Purple is back in all their magrider glory.
  17. vaxx

I assume you dont play on Waterson? Not only is the tired and old VS is op thing is old, and no real ground to stand on, the VS pop on Waterson is low, and has been low, just like it was before the merge of Jaeger.

Or is this the same forum troll that has been crying about VS since the release?
  18. Warlyik

You have as much playtime as me and haven't improved enough for even a 1.0 KDR.

The fact that you're glorifying what amounts to sitting on your *** is amusing. You have less than half the XP/min that I do - and I've used ZERO boosts and only played like 2 days of double XP. Hell, I even whoop your *** on Assists/Death. So who's helping who more?

I'd say my assertion that you aren't competent enough to assess balance is spot on. You have to actually be in combat and participate in a somewhat effective manner to properly assess what's going on. Sitting back and healing, repairing, dropping ammo, etc., while helpful, is a small fraction of the game - and they're all non-combative elements, that have little to do with balance, since every faction shares the exact same functions in that regard.

I'm no more than about 50m from the frontlines at all times even as an Infiltrator. I'm often the first tank in and the last tank out. I've gone toe to toe with MBTs on my dual-Falcon MAX - and won, a lot. I'm talking charging right up next to them and shooting them in the rear kind of tactics. AKA, your assumptions are wrong. I pull Dual Bursters to clear the skies, I pull Sundies when we need them, etc.

Fact is, I'm just a better combat player than you are - and I think it's easy for me to claim that my assessment of balance is far more accurate than yours, given that you're basically admitting to sucking at actual combat.
  19. The Funk

Vanu are not OP. Man up and admit defeat. You're making us look bad. And lol at kdr. A monkey could put together a high kdr in this game, seeing as some of the playstyles that require the least skill lead to the highest kdr.

Bottom line the vanu got more people to care and get organized at an opportune time (off peak) then we did and took the continent. Gratz nerds.
  20. Zakuak

Hey nice Job VS! I noticed that when I logged in today...I think my jaw dropped a little.