Mines aren't being nerfed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jonesing25, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Jonesing25

Exactly, C4 should not have the same use as mines.
  2. EpicCrawfish

Is teamwork seriously bloody dead in Planetside 2 or the server you're in? Of course you're having a hard time killing a sundere, you're doing it by yourself. You're an engineer, not heavy assault. What's the point of heavies at all if an engineer can just sprint and spam tank mines? Stop pretending sprinting and mining is hard, it's not.

And how the heck do you have a whole squad dedicating to killing a Sundere and NOT kill it? I'm not even that good of a player but I know for a fact if you have 6+ soldiers going after a sundere, and you can't kill it, there's something wrong with you or your squad.

You C4 it and your enemy repairs the damage? What's your team doing? Just standing there and waving the enemy engineer a hello as they repair it? They should follow up your C4 damage with their own rockets or AV grenades. Where's your air support to kill to help you kill the sundere?

I think infantry needs to be feeling so self-entitled to easy kills by being lonewolf and actually work as a team.
    • Up x 1
  3. Terrarion

its coming, just accept it.
  4. Jonesing25

Mines will kill a sunderer just as fast. There just won't be ****** suicide engineers running with mines in hand to throw them at sunderers wheels. More of a change in how the are being used.[/quote]
  5. Gary

Just think a gathering of sunderers with a mix of Blockade and repair sunderers + a mix of the new AA weapons they can equip combined with original wepons...People will so be demanding nerfs to sunderers
  6. Jonesing25

This so so so much.
  7. Aghar30

I been demanding nerfs to sundies for some time now a stock sundie with 2 gunners can beat a stock mbt, it has way to much armor already, blockade makes the rear stronger than the front armor, and with their ability to run AI and AA guns begun the sundie circle jerk has

for those of you who think I am crazy, a sundie has universal armor on all sides, so blockade makes the rear armor stronger than anywhere else on the vehicle.
  8. Kon

im also for this change, now i can run blockade armor permanently no more having to use mine guard when i want to deploy an AMS, battle sundy 24/7 thanks Higby.. i can just use one load-out for farming infantry / anti tank and ams i love it

Thanks!!!!

/sarcasm
  9. GruntOne

Well it already doubles as anti-person mine quite nicely, you just have to PUSH BUTAN manually at the correct time. And C4 blows up turrets, AT mines do not. But I don't really see suicide engineers going away, those who haven't yet just have to cert into C4. But personally I like to mine areas I know someone will come somewhen later and I always have to smile when I've really forgotten about it and suddenly get a popup that I just killed a sunderer with 5 people in it.

If I could lay down 40 AT mines, I'd make approaching the Crown on my server a miserable experience.
  10. Jonesing25

This is a wildly thought up scenario that would require a lot of communication and team play, but I'll entertain it. In this situation the suicide engineer would not get close to the sunderers watching each other's flank. Sunderers aren't being changed, mines are. Lay mines on the ground and keep them from getting where they are going.....

Everyone wants points for defending but they don't want to play defensively.
  11. WaaWaa

Two clips of Lib's tank buster = dead sundy. Tank mines are really for the amateur sunderer hunter who has no other means but that one to kill an ams. It's time to take the training wheels off kiddos and expand your horizons if you are truly dedicated to AMS hunting. Time for teamwork too! Besides most super cereal Sunderers have mine guard making it a moot point.

Don't forget you can stick 2 C4 to your cloaked flash now wahaha!!! (Might not work I haven't tried it yet). Inshallah.

It just means you'll have to be more creative if you REALLY need to kill a Sunderer. A few come to mind, but I'll let you amateurs work it out on your own. Anyone can run right up to Sunderer and kill an AMS without mine guard as it stands now. It's not skill based at all. Stop crying like you're entitled to it because it really is nothing more than a way to pad kill counts off either cheap AMS drivers or clueless ones, both of which you can get XP from other venues in PS2 because there is an abundance of the former and latter.

That said, most of everything in this game is easy cheap kills, so the hypocrisy coming out of the pro side of this argument stinks real bad. Your pewp don't smell any better AMS drivers. You're not holier than the rest of us milking passive XP from people spawning from your Sunderer while you do nothing. Get off your high horses we know you suck the big one at FPS's and AMS's are your crutch. If it was really all that bad as you say it was, you would stay at your AMS and defend it, like the good little nublet you are. Then you wouldn't have to worry about people sneaking up and killing your precious AMS.

By the way, if you guys didn't all ready know SOE has a proud tradition of releasing things overpowered, letting it simmer like a nice fresh terd in the bowl, until it starts rotting and putrifying, and right when you can't take another smell of it, they nerf it into oblivion and make it useless. Flushed down the toilet.

In regards to the future of tank mines, I wouldn't mine having back the 20 or even 25 mines I had at my disposal from PS1. Definitely need more than just a handful to cover all the possible routes convoys or solo cowboys go through, plus the shortcuts. Back in PS1's day, laying mines was an artform. There was a bare minimum (5) that you needed in a nice little patch, and you could lay them at strategic places and get guaranteed kills.

PS2 lacks that imagination and creativity. It's all just killwhore, farm, xp, xp, logon to forums to whine about something so the Devs can nerf the other guy so I don't have to make an effort to actually level my character and sail to 100. Bunch of self-entitled, ungrateful whiners is what you all are. You're lucky PS1 is a ghost town, and we're not back there. Sooooooooooo lucky. Niagra wouldn't even describe the tears that were shed by noobs like you all who just cry all the time when things don't go your way and get things nerfed.
  12. Gary

Problem is mines are not defensive =/ You get a maximum of 5 after heavy investment... it takes atleast 3 to kill a sunderer.. Bases can be attacked from any angle with few choke points except those on roads/canyons leading to the next base... If a sunderer goes over landmines here it either gets repaired or they regroup and spawn another..

Mines need changing to be defensive.. They do not need "nerfing" or "Fixing"....

i myself run with rank 5 mineguard.. I can sit by and watch engineer after engineer attempt to blow it and suicide...I use mineguard if i am on the front lines..

If i am just behind the front lines i use either Blockade depending on cover in area or support such as Ammo or repair... Mines are less of an issue of the front line.. People just need to stop thinking the sunderer is invincible on front lines with no defensive certs..
  13. Duff_Chimp

The fact that people neglect to mention regarding mines, IS ******* MINEGUARD. Its not like you can't protect stuff with it. People just being lazy and not certing it? Actually people do mention mineguard on a regular basis, but it never sinks in. Like if you wanted to avoid being hit by lockons you would cert flares or smoke. Why is that so hard for people to get there head around?

Taking out stationary vehicles is the only viable use for mines, considering unless a tank driver is reckless or oblivious you very rarely get kills from placed tank mines. Maybe a quad if your lucky. Also there is a current trend around at the minute for idiots from your own team blowing up tank mines after and sometimes as you place them killing you and the mines.

The only way i would agree to change them is if they aren't killable by your own faction and be able to be placed as many times as you wish. Then we could setup minefields and no go zones for any vehicles, then the fact we can't use them on stationary vehicles would be acceptable.

ps Didn't they already try deployable mines ala turret deployment style? They reverted that after community outrage, i expect any similar changes will induce the same reaction.
  14. CitizenSoldier

Clearly they are not, otherwise Sir Overlord Higby wouldn't be fixing them.
  15. NOX2097

16. drNovikov

Mommny, mommy, I am so dumb and lazy, I leave my sundy in bad places and don't bother guarding it. Please, make those engineers stop blowing me up. I can't do it myself, cause I'm dumb.
  17. Gary

Problem with extracting bits is you do not get the full picture for example

Now you agree with me...

The qouted section is the description in the game... So yes they are working as intended and blowing up nearby vehicles.. People know how idiotic and stubborn some players are who refuse to spend tiny amounts of certs in Mineguard... They take advantage of them.. unfortunately more people are without mine guard then those with it.. Resulting in mass sunderer killing and players crying about it instead of taking the time to think about it...

My front line sunderer has not died to landmine rush in over a month.. It is not a problem for me since i chose what threat i felt was greater for the position i was in and certed against it.. Instead players want to be able to survive against someone who has certed heavily into mines (more costly then mineguard) without investing in protection from them....

My tank on the other hand dies constantly to well placed mines or engineers getting ot me whilst deployed... I feel Frontal Armor Plating is more important and expose myself to mines... I accept this and if i get blown up by mines i do not make a big deal out of it and demand a nerf...
  18. drNovikov

19. Ghosty11

It's funny because the counter for having your spawn box blown up by a single engy already exists in the game. Yet people complain about it, and refuse to equip mineguard. I guess people need their hands held by the devs to be effective. IMO this change just dumbs down the game.
    • Up x 1
  20. CitizenSoldier

The problem with being a troll is that eventually, you show your colors. Hi you fancy peacock. Hi!

AT Mines are being fixed. Get with the times. :)