Sneak peek of new hex adjacency graph for Indar and a bit more!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 13, 2013.

1. TriumphOfMan

That is the point. Surrounding the base isn't meant to screw the defenders, it's meant to screw the rest of the empire and force a reaction either from someone from elsewhere on the map, or force the defenders to sally out and engage them. It isn't meant to be an I surrounded your base I win button.
    • Up x 2
  2. Being@RT

Fair point, although I can't see that reaction happening.

It doesn't force the defenders out since they still have the benefits and, probably, don't care about anyone else. If they were personally disadvantaged a lot, they'd be sure to do something about it.
    I mean technically getting The Crown surrounded does cut them off from facility benefits, but that hasn't stopped people staying there yet.. It's not going to do that at a facility that won't even lose its own benefit.

Perhaps incentives to break an encirclement are required.. But implemented with care so that getting encircled on purpose doesn't become the desirable thing. 'Sieges broken' statistic tracked alongside K/D?
    • Up x 1
  3. TriumphOfMan

That's because none of the benefits apply at the crown. You don't pull mass armour at the crown when defending, biolabs have a laughable benefit, amp stations are even worse, and the crown itself provides a whooping great 2 air resources. You don't need to come out of the crown you can just sit there and farm it.

On the other hand if you're an outfit that relies on alot of tanks, such as AOD and their Prowlers, and you're pushing somewhere on the map when you lose the ability to pull tanks anymore because someone cut off your tech plant. Either you or somebody you know is going to have to go and deal with the issue.
  4. Takoita

Okay. Only if not every frigging collection of hats in the middle of nowhere had its own tank/ESF terminal. Or ability to spam sunderers not 20m out.
  5. water fowl

logged in to say you guys rock, and I can't wait for this change.

Any idea of hwat the new biolab and amp station bonuses will be?
  6. Takoita

"...is not flanking. That's avoiding fights..."

Do you even comprehend you own post?

Besides, why do I have to blast through the guarded front door when my enemy has conviniently presented me with a weak spot screaming "shoot me here repeatedly until I die"? That doesn't have to do anythng with neither tactics nor strategy.
  7. Takoita

Ask around at Ti Alloys who has exactly how much fps. Might as well chuck out 80% of people.
    • Up x 1
  8. Takoita

Yes they will do the same. No it won't be great because everything will grind to a screeching halt and stalemate until either side gets tired/bored and go to sleep. And any and all battle outcome will be decided by whoever got most people online at stupid hours in the morning.
    • Up x 1
  9. Yutty

Great news, I just hope the unnecessary roads connecting bases that aren't connected through the new lattice gets updated. Removing them and placing more trees, rocks and stuff for cover would make it feel alot more like the map from ps1
  10. Takoita

"A game of logistics".

Where? There is about zero amount of that in the game at the moment.
    • Up x 1
  11. SpartanZero

Not really impressed, there's some very obvious hex routes of attack lacking connectivity to lines that they should have.

For example; Xenotech to Regent Rock, the hex just west of Camp Connery should connect to Saurva, West Checkpoint should have a link to Quartz Ridge.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lessonteacher

I'm skeptical about this change. A huge issue right now with the hex stuff is the fact that bases don't go neutral. If the base went neutral when it becomes cut off, e.g. slowly counted down against that faction to a neutral state then that would stop half the rubbish that happens now when entirely cut off bases can just continue on farming away.

Base caps are still way too low exp to be worth it for most players so with this new system will we see a change to the cut off section mechanic? because its terrible right now.

What concerns me about this proposal is the fact that the maps are set out in such a way that the flow of battle can go from one location to another along roads and so on and in some places the link will not connect which will make no sense when it comes to trying to follow these shown links. Recent example i can think of is Regent Rock -> Xenotech labs... there is no link here but the battle flow always goes this direction. I'm not convinced that players will have a clue whats going on and decide to take the back roads around the ridiculous southern area of indar especially for the current base cap exp rewards
    • Up x 1
  13. Gammit

That's not what I said... again. Take some time and mull over it, if you need.

I'm sure you don't care. Your solid reasoning and communication skills are quite evident here. My audience is apparently those who do wish to hear other possibilities, potential issues, and points of view; to have a discussion.

Your frequent reference to "sacks" is commendable. If you wish, I'm sure Google can present you with many options in the form of phrases, pictures, and even videos to continue that endeavor.
  14. queue

What meta game? All this is doing is giving the losing faction more information about the winning factions movements in hopes that it generates more defense. Except that it wont work. What you will get is two opposing zergs rolling separate lanes for XP. Until the devs actually make it worth while to defend every base (XP, meaningful bonuses), defense will not happen regularly. You will occasionally have 2 zergs meet up as they already do but once that battle is decided, the losing faction will just try another lane.
    • Up x 2
  15. Nahwel

I personally don't like the idea
  16. Nocturnal7x

No, stop calling us that. kthnxbye
  17. TriumphOfMan

18. iller

uh huh... but still nothing on here specifically to really Incentivize Defending.
    yeah Subscribers just got another whopping big buff to cert gain but everyone else is just staring at the same old grind while no one bothers defending because a 10% bonus of jack squat (b/c you're so outnumbered) is still Jack flippin Squat. When are they just going to admit they're WRONG about XP gain in this game?
  19. PBRStreetgang

Way to dumb down the maps and stop any chance of flanking maneuvers. Why make such a huge fantastic map and then shred it? Why give vehicles the ability to go off-road, or infantry the ability to walk over hills?
    My final question would be if you are changing things so drastically then why did you not do this in the Beta stage? Oh that's right...we are now in the Paid Beta Stage now.
    You may have made all the Zerglings happy, but those that don't want to sit in one place for hours in set-piece battles will not have a game any more.:mad:
    • Up x 1
  20. TriumphOfMan

Not in terms of supplies but manpower. Fights generally boil down to how many people you have, how you divide them between objectives, and how close you can spawn them to an objective.