Mines aren't being nerfed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jonesing25, Mar 14, 2013.

1. BalogDerStout

I'll also go out on a limb and say it's time to fix decon. If sundies are going to be this hard to kill, then de-con needs to change.
    • Up x 1
  2. Wasdie

They need to change the availability of sunderers regardless.

They used to be only spawned at a few facilities, but in the beta people were having a lot of trouble finding the fight so they made them much more available.

Unfortunately this means that all towers and minor outposts now can pull sunderers which throws off the value of those bases.
  3. Colt556

Sundie spawns should be reverted back to having them only spawnable where MBTs were spawnable. Putting them on flash terminals was stupid. You kill a sundy it shouldn't be able to be respawned right there because literally every outpost has a vehicle terminal.
    • Up x 1
  4. Gary

They are working as intended... They Explode when an enemy vehicle is detected within proximity... "User deployed Anti-Vehicular Mine, Activated by nearby enemy vehicles"

Sunderer drivers are not working as intended... They charge the base without the proper certed protection for the front line and complain when a crowd of engineers see them approaching and the inevitable happens....

On the front lines - Minegaurd

Just behind the front lines - Blockade armor..

Both of the above still require you to defend the Sunderer... I can honestly say i have not lost a Sunderer to an suicide engineer with AT mines in over a month and i park my Sunderer as far forward as i can.

The current plan is to have them be disarmed by engineers, only trigger when a moving vehicle goes over them and any class can shoot them and disarm them without them exploding... Utter ***** No one is going to bother with them unless 1 mine can kill a Sunderer..

An idea

IF they are going to change them i would like to see the damage drastically reduced. AT mines replaced with a "minefield nanite deployment field" You equip this instead of the mines... It has one use (increased through certs).

Selecting the "Minefield Nanite Deployment Field" projects a square grid in front of the user... You walk along the grid to determine the length of the mine field, once this is decided you turn left or right 90 degrees and do the same again. This time when you have the desired width you simple push use the selected equipment again and it generates a grid with the length and width filling in the other 2 sides for you.

The grid is automatically filled with spawned mines (nanites) that are set in a random pattern at a distance great enough to not trigger each other. This allows easily created mine fields that are not capable of so much instagibbing a tank but instead bogging it down making it vulnerable. It could possibly speed through and not get hit by enough mines but will they risk it? You not have area denial mine fields.

Each mine that goes of and damages an enemy vehicle awards XP based of % of damage done in accordance to the vehicles value.

Cert idea could include Different Shapes such as Triangular or even Circular grids. Increased density of mines, Small snaring effect to vehicles, Increased number of deployable mine fields.

Just ideas ofc though quickly thought up no real thought gone into it!
    • Up x 3
  5. Phyr

People are throwing around the term "abuse" to casually. It's like saying dual bursters against infantry is abuse. AT mines are being used exactly the way they were designed to.
  6. Colt556

I agree with this. It's not abuse, it's using something the way it's designed, and allowed, to be used. However the design is terrible and needs to be changed, which it is. I don't fault players for doing this. I fault the devs for allowing them to do this.
  7. Ghosty11

Because Sundies are cheap and easy to pull. A squad of 12 can pull 12 Sundies and still have resources left over for a MBT each. If attackers did a decent job of placing and defending their spawn boxes then people wouldn't complain that their spawn box was blown up when they parked it next to the Amp station wall. In any organized assault when you blow one up 2 more come rolling down the road.
  8. EpicCrawfish

Then organize a counter and blow up the sundies? You have 999 ways to blow up sundies. It's not hard, you don't need glorified C4's called tank mines to finish them off. I think we need to get away from this thought that only badly parked sundies are blown up when it's not even that hard to rush toward a sundere and drop off a tank mine no matter where they are.

Mind I remind you guys you also have sundies and spawn points where you can spawn almost instantly? This is a team game, we should try play like it instead of solo-blowing up sunderes by pressing shift and spamming the mouse 1 button.
    • Up x 1
  9. Raital

I anticipate mines will continue to be used as before, except the priming mechanism will be gunshot, which incidentally is just as fast as the arming mechanism. I expect there to still be complaints that AT mines are overpowered and that people will again call for them to be made deployable.

I really don't care anymore. When they're made deployable only again (and therefore as useful as the Annihilator, maybe even more useless), I'm just going to switch to MBT AMS Sunderer, and farm vehicles and infantry as normal. Then once people catch onto that and MBTs and Lightnings become extinct in favor of the Sunderer, I anticipate there will be complaints to nerf the Sunderer, at which point people will be leaping at both sides of that debate to defend/attack the "overpowered weapon."

I do expect AT mines to become, "abused," again when they implement their lattice and outfits completely mine the roads and obvious Sunderer hiding spots at the approach of another outfit Zerg. When people are dying enmasse because they will still refuse to pull mineguard, I wonder if people will scream murder on the forums about how it's not fair people are killing them 'with no effort or skill,' as if anything in this game requires any skill whatsoever.

Probably. The cycle never ends. *sigh* What's the point of even responding to these topics? I'll just have to ponder on that.
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

Will we eventually get around to Blockade Armor is working just fine?
  11. FlayvorOfEvil

You guys who are complaining about mines seriously have no idea how formidable a well protected well certed Sunderer is to destroy.
    The TE parked one of their super Sunderers at some station at Esamir and I called my entire squad to go take it out. I dropped 3 tank mines but seeing how they have mine guard 5, it does no damage. Then I go C4 it, but the damage gets repaired almost instantly. The rest of the squad gets killed and we're forced to bring in another Sunderer and a bunch of heavies to shoot it. Even that doesn't work because the TE did well to protect the Sunderer. Then finally we got our resident Reaver pilot to bomb the **** out of it.

If you can't defend your sunderer from one lone engineer then you deserve to get your sunderer blown sky high.

Also when MBTs are bombing the **** out if your spawn point, I'd like you to tell your engineers "you should have mined the roads."
    • Up x 3
  12. Jonesing25

All these responses and everyone is talking about killing sunderers, protecting and parking sunderers better. What about MBT zergs? All I can tihnk with your post is, not every sunderer is protected by TE. Yeah the ones that are protected by TE (I'll asume their own) are going to be hard to kill with or without mines.
    • Up x 1
  13. Jonesing25

I wouldn't call that abusing the mines, if you're using them as they are supposed to be used and not taking advantage of the way they were designed. The current death frisbee state they are in is ridiculous.
  14. Jonesing25

Another problem with suicide engineers running toward the sunderer is that half the time, you won't see them because of the rendering, but that is a whole other issue.
  15. BalogDerStout

Oh so much this. I know of at least one location on tech plants where you can park a sundy and it's basically nigh impossible to destroy since both tanks and air can't reach it. If it has mineguard > 2, it's pretty much immune to mines, and C4 at best gets it to burn. Anything short of sustained damage that happens fast enough is going to be repaired in seconds and as an engy I also know places to hide on, in or around a sundy so you can't even damage me while I repair it.

Pointless though, people want invulnerable sundies, so we're getting them.
  16. Stellus

Haha, you mean to tell me that placing a tank mine on the roof of a vehicle and it detonating is its intended usage? That's rich, now I've heard it all!
  17. Jonesing25

Well, if the sunderer gets there and can't be killed.....the base is lost, spawn somewhere else nearby and launch a counter attack.
  18. GruntOne

Personally I don't really see a big difference between me running to a Sundy and put AT mines under it or me running to a Sundy and put C4 on it. But I guess people are happy when one of those two won't work anymore and the other is supposed to work exactly so.
  19. Aghar30

Oh joy sundie side 2 again....time to swap over to blockade armor cause mines wont be a threat at all again.
    • Up x 2
  20. Compass

Instead of blowing up the vehicle, we will now instead be tasked with farming it with anti-infantry weaponry.