Please stop calling the Scatmax OP

Discussion in 'MAX' started by BH Brigade, Mar 12, 2013.

1. TheArchetype

With or without aimbot, it's hard to miss that big blue yellow guy less than a meter away, so I don't see your point.
    Scatmax is not OP. You just need to know how to deal with them. Personally, I stick C4 to my friend's back and have him run in Kamikaze style.
  2. GhostAvatar

You really don't get what I am saying. Someone used a scatmax to take down a aim boting, speed hacking collision cheater several times in a row, even taking them down when they came at the scatmax in there own AI max suit. And I ain't talking about a subtle hacker, we talking about someone going several times faster than an ESF, flying through the air and walls at great speed, while still maintaining full 100% hit with there weapon even through the floor etc. That is when you know that a scatmax is OP, that it can take on another max unit that are using extreme cheats and still come out on top.

So don't go be telling me the scatmax isn't OP, everyone knows it is. Those that are trying to deny it, are only fooling themselves and no others. A nerf will come sooner or later, it is only a matter of time. Just look at everything else that has been defended so rigorously on these forums as not being OP. Magriders, lol podding, libs, Prowlers, AT mines, etc. Everything has or is going to receive a nerf, it is just the SOE (Higby) way and there is nothing you or I can do about it as an individual.
    • Up x 4
  3. Takoita

4. Being@RT

Damn, that hacker needs to l2hack. I mean seriously? He can kill from under the floor and dies.

That proves nothing about the scatmax.
  5. Mxiter

MAXe's weapons stats:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TRY&sortcolid=17&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

TR max
    The mercy 143dmge/426RPM
    The MSW-R or the Orion are 143 dmge 750RPM.

VS max
    The cosmos 167/337RPM
    The EM6/Anchor: 167/600RPM

NC max
    Hacksaw 143x6/300RPM
    Shotguns auto (Nighthawk/piston/pandora) 143x6/300RPM

Solutions:
    1)decrease the TR and VS magazines by two and double them ROF (or put them to 750/600 RPM).
    2)decresase the NC max firepower by two (3 slugs or 70dmge/slug) and double them magazines.
    also makes TR/VS COF like a LMG
    • Up x 1
  6. Soundmonitor

Yeah they should give TR max's Exploding bullets that do AOE damage and the same for VS with the Cosmo's.

Or they can remove the stupid cylce the TR MAX's have on the chaingun and have it automatically shoot bullets instantly with a higher rate of fire, and the VS Cosmos lazers should be bigger in size.

Or AV weapons that have the lockon ability on Vehicles should have the ability to lockon MAX's.
  7. Soundmonitor

8. Aghar30

I saw that video that script kiddy was uselss, relied on his hacks alone to get out of trouble and try to beat the scattmax. If you notice he stopped playing into the hackers hands and played close to the chest, making the hacker come out of hiding and chase after him. Most hackers, honestly they are just script kiddies, are not very bright at all, they cannot grasp that they still have to follow some of the rules of the game (namely health and hit detection) and play terribly. I have killed a hacker with a brick of c4 (he was under the floor shooting at us and i just put it ontop of where his gun was sticking out and poped him), grenades (hacker was hiding in side the walls, threw a grenade where i knew he was hiding and boom dead hacker) and even a VS max (every time i put my cross hair on him he would slide around to either the left or right till he was behind me, just kept tracking him and blam down he goes). Hacks can only make up for a lack of skill so much, and usually only work till someone determines how the hacks work and how to trap the individual using them.
  9. Blackbird

I play TR the most . I play NC as a part time alt . I started playing when I noticed how OP the Boltdriver was to the other factions Sniper rifles , of course this was shortly after release . Now I have ALOT of certs in my TR MAX . I have full Flak Armor , working on last level of Kenetic . I have dual bursters and dual Mercies . Im not showing this information to brag , its to show that I do have knowledge of what Im posting about . The base level NC dual Scattergun ( yes base level scatterguns ) are far more effective at killing than the gimpy guns on TR Maxs . The NC MAXs place more damage down range in a shorter time period than TR MAXs . I also can hit targets at range , hard , and at short range insta kill most classes while playing NC MAX .

This is from personal experience . YES ! NC MAXs are OP !
    • Up x 3
  10. NC4Life

LOL our OP max is NEVER going to get nerfed! Why? because our GREAT LEADER is on our side
    • Up x 1
  11. PaladinZERO

Than you will be wandering around empty biolabs wondering where everyone went, dreaming of the glory days.
  12. Mxiter

Single Cosmos: 938DPS
    Single mercy :1015DPS
    Singe Hacksaw :2190DPS

MSW-R/Orion: 1787 DPS
    Anchor: 1670DPS
    Shotguns auto : 2190DPS
    • Up x 2
  13. XLander

I think you all missed my point. I think the skat max is OP no doubt. Switch empires and face one. Don't give me that range crap either because most fights are in bases and towers at close range for infantry. HOWEVER, AS I SAID IT SHOULD NNOOTT GET NERFED. They just need to buff the damage of the other max's. Seriously the tickle max the VS has is laughable. Bullet drop isn't even a consideration that should be accounted because VS maxes can't scope or engage at range. The COF is all over the place and damage is minimal. Not to mention you can't rely on a cursor you have to guess where that invisible non render bullets are going because of the dead zone and poor render of the standard VS loadout.( With Anti infantry load outs.)
  14. Thpthpthp

I don't want NC maxes to get nerfed, dual wielding max shotguns should be really strong, I just want TR and VS maxes to also be strong like bear.
  15. KingSnuggler

People will call anything OP if it kills them or hurts their KDR which is one of the reasons it needs to be removed from the game.
  16. KingSnuggler

Your right the other 2 MAX's need to be buffed to match the NC MAX not nerfed, for any normal infantry they need to learn to counter them better and there are ways to do that but instead they cry that the sky is falling and run here to cry for nerfs or that something is OP instead its really getting to be an annoyance and almost to the point on these forums where you just want to strangle these people.
    • Up x 1
  17. Zarth

Scatmax just makes infantry fighting with the NC ridiculous. VS Max's are probably the worst out there vs infantry. They need something for close range like the NC max's. I'm think of an energy sword for their left arm. Kinda like Armored Core style **** goin on. That'd be sick.
  18. Purg

Woops..

19. sham

18 pages. Wow. Did anyone mention that the NC Max isn't overpowered; it's the TR and VS Max's that are under powered? I'm sure they did but I'm going to again anyway.

As a TR player when, as a lone infantryman, I see an NC Max I think "crap, I'm gonna die". When I see a VS Max I think "Yay! A giant, purple, phallically shaped, piñata filled with XP, kill it!". I'm led to believe that when the NC or VS come across a TR Max they feel as confident in taking it down as I do a VS Max.

I was under the impression that a Max was supposed to be a walking death machine. It's supposed to be a beast that takes a coordinated effort to take down.

Currently only the NC Max is living up to it's name and legend in infantry combat. The answer is to buff the TR and VS Max to similar levels. It would also solve the issue of how to counter multiple NC Max's. Pull your own.
  20. BH Brigade

That's what I said. MAXes are supposed to be ultimate badasses, killing the **** out of infantry, but still be able to be overwhelmed. The NC max is the only MAX that fills that role right now. Either buff the health of VS/TR maxes (to turn them into tanks rather than weapons) or give them better CQC weapons to help match the hackmaxes power.