The Burster MAX Is TOO Effective

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoctD, Mar 14, 2013.

1. NoctD

So SOE has stated that ground AA should be a deterrent, but the Burster MAX is far beyond that. A single Burster MAX is all you need to scare off ESFs, a dual Burster effectively owns any that comes too close. A single ESF with rocket pods cannot take out a dual Burster MAX.

The Burster MAX makes A2A ESFs pretty much pointless... if you get too close to them while chasing an ESF, you're done for. And why bother chasing enemy ESFs when your own Burster MAX units just tear them up way faster than we can in the air... what with the rotary cannon nerf, all air dogfights involves a ton of leading and time wasted chasing hosing bullets only some of which are going to land on their mark.

The Burster MAX makes air totally useless unless the base is pretty much taken over... it locks down zones because they have all this access now to places where tanks and ground can't easily get to them, and air would be foolish to try.

Suggestion... fix the Burster MAX, its not AA, its not a deterrent, its very existence in the current form renders air pretty much useless if they're present. All other forms of AA in the game has been buffed, we don't need these land gods that totally destroy all things in the sky anymore. All forms of air to ground has been NERFED.

Its time SOE put the Burster MAX back into rightful alignment with its proper function as AA.
    • Up x 5
  2. PurpleOtter

[IMG]
    • Up x 15
  3. Grotpar

No.
    • Up x 4
  4. Devrailis

0/10
    • Up x 7
  5. MasterChiefette

If Burster MAX were effective - you'd see more people using them. They are not. That is why you rarely see them. They have been continuously nerfed - and yet here you are crying for more nerfs to them.
    • Up x 2
  6. Bad News

How many kills do you have with your burster max?

Learn 2 play.
  7. Soylent

DB Maxes are the only thing stop this game from becoming PlaneSide2.

This forum really needs a dislike button to bury stupid topics and posts.
    • Up x 3
  8. AccelPrime

NOPE, it's time you quit whining just because you happened to get killed by a burster MAX.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zynex

lol
    • Up x 1
  10. Naithe

Not till so many wrong things about ESF are fixed.

The fact that they can kill anything save, transport vehicles in 1-2 seconds is bad enought.

Gosh I swear there are too many pilots in this game who feel they are entitled to destroy anything else.

Its just as bad as the infantry who think they should be able to rambo up the game...
  11. Fenrisk

1 half decent lolpodder laughs in the face of a buster as he takes them out in one clip of lolpod ammo. It only takes about 2 pods to drop one infantry with a grounder.

What i have learned from the forums.

Pilots who come here and complain about AA busters and grounders lie about in game combat because in reality it was just them trying to farm a spawn point solo with their lolpods while hovering too close to the spawn doors.

Pilots honestly believe anything that damages them is overpowered

Pilots believe that dying or losing a aircraft is the end of the world and caused by game imbalance.

Pilots believe they are god

:p
  12. Pat22

Working as intended?
  13. FateJH

If you can't get near the area, it's a deterrent. Working as intended.
    The only reason Air will get shot down from an AA MAX is its own incompetence, which is how it should be.

MAXes are the response to the appearance of Air, where ESFs can not immediately available, the passive-aggressive defense reaction. A2A ESFs are designed to be offensive, something which AA MAXes can not do. ESFs are given the power to reliably fight with enemy ESFs, rather than chase them off, something which a AA MAX can never hope to do with anything but a very inexperienced pilot. MAXes can't even provide effiicient AA until it has been helped moved into a good position.
  14. Mxiter

• Up x 2
  15. NoctD

Infantry on these forums have no clue about what the air is like - Burster MAX units are present in every big battle out there, and they totally render air useless when they show up. Then it becomes just about tanks and infantry, and all the air runs off or gets shot down. Happens everyday all the time, and all SOE would have to do is watch large battles to see I'm not making things up.

If I go chasing after air targets like Libs, it will be the ground AA + lock-on spam that gets me shot down.
    • Up x 1
  16. drNovikov

OMG! People defend themselves against lolpod farmers! Dumb lolpodders can't hover anymore! Can't farm helpless infantry! MAXes make people think and move! NUUUURFFF!!!
  17. Sharpe

All I see in this thread is lonewolf/zergling folk who don't fly making assumptions based on their own biased standards.

In organized gameplay air is a joke, which is what Planetside 2 should be most of the time, it doesn't matter how much they throw at you or how organized it is, it will fail hard and fast. Half a squad of bursters and a couple annihilators can clear just about ANY ammount of air presence in about half a minute.

It is such a non-threat it's not even relevant.
    I really miss the days when we dropped 4 squads in a point and actually had to worry about ESF's and libs (or at least had them manage to fght back). Right now we just "lol" and make jokes about them in teamspeak.
    They really need to stop balancing the game towards you "people".
    • Up x 2
  18. TintaBux

What server you on? Many use them on Miller, especially outfits.
  19. Mxiter

1)A solo aircraft shouldn't go in big battles
    2) ESF is my most played vehicle even if i have a poor XP rate with it because my computer is terrible: i'm rarely over 20FPS and it's pretty difficult to fly with it like this ;) (most of my death are crash in this way...)

if you want to farm in large battle, go in large goup of aircraft or, be screwd and that is NORMAL.

There is no teamplay/organization for podders who farm AAless platoon ;)
  20. Soylent

Thus we agree, it's a deterrent. If you decide to stay and get shot down it's your own fault. You have the option to turn away and go elsewhere.
    • Up x 1