Lancer! Striker! Phoenix!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Transvestosaurus, Mar 1, 2013.

1. SirBurning

It;s about rocketlaunchers? not turrets. So obviously this is about Heavy Assault...
  2. AuntLou42

The Phoenix is going to be spammed a ton. With the new spawn rooms and the huge transporter room windows it'll be a pain for anyone on the attack against NC. I wish they would make it so you couldn't fire out of the shields. It's a stupid camping cat and mouse game that shouldn't be in game anyways.
  3. StrikerKOJ

The Lancer looks terrible. I am highly disappointed with the design and the operation. I guess the term "re-imagine" means make an entirely new product with no similarities to the original other than name.

Reasons why I am dissatisfied:
    • Looks exactly like the existing "rocket" launchers, but its got a fork on the front of it. Apparently the fork is the "charge up mechanic"
    • Maybe I misunderstood the video, but single shot/reload? Regardless of how much you charged up? Why not just add charge up ability to the existing launchers as an upgrade or attachment, or can you not find a way to monetize attachments? No choice to fire a series (like more than 3) of un-charged, lower powered shots, or one powerful shot before reload, wasted opportunity.
    • Where is my box of energy bolts? Same silly battery orb as all of the other VS weapons. Oh, it will eventually shoot "lazors", but then it will just look like a lazor being fired from a rocket launcher.
    The PS1 Lancer was/is my favorite FPS weapon ever created. It required a perfect balance of skill and battlefield awareness. Easy to pick up, difficult to master, and the potential to make mistakes. It took practice to become a very deadly weapon, but never felt like it was too overpowered or ineffective. It looked awesome! Something about the design gave it a feeling of heft, or weight. It even inspired images of a "lance" with its long, slender barrel that discharged a long slender bolt of energy that looked like it would pierce the target... like a lance.
    • Up x 1
  4. mindbomb

if a lancer can take out an mbt from the rear in a single clip, or if it can out dps a decimator or if the charge shot just does more dps than a decimator, it will be the best.

The phoenix and striker have no purpose since the av turret exists.

There is a good chance that none of these will be worth equipping anyway over the stock dumb fire.
  5. Badname2490

COME ONE COME ALL!

PLACE YER BETS!
    PLACE YER BETS!

WHICH IS THE FIRST TO GET NERFED! PLACE YER BETS!

I put money on the striker getting nerfed first.
    • Up x 3
  6. Arkespore

I was honestly hoping the Lancer to be a handheld Saron HRB that fired more powerful projectiles... Well guess not. Hopefully it still does pretty good damage though. I also really really hope the Phoenix doesn't 1 shot infantry. Because if so, I very well see the NC camping in a spawn room killing anything that goes near the capture point at their base. Oh yes, and for those wondering, the Striker is not as powerful as it seems in the Video, it isn't going to be able to 3 shot a Vanguard from the side.. Luperza has confirmed that they are more "balanced" then they are in the video. Hopefully everything will be balanced out properly.
  7. Noktdaz

Higby just posted an update, looks like they won't be unlocked on patch day.
  8. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, they were never expected to, now were they?
  9. Noktdaz

Well... Since the patch was originally scheduled to come out a week ago and initially Higby said that the ES launchers were going to be released a week after the patch, so I was kinda hoping they'd be released with the patch (since it was delayed a week and all...)
  10. Arcanotechnician

Quoting is totally messed up for some reason...

Obviously. I was saying that the behavior of the striker should be a steerable rocket that chases the reticle - like the engineer's AV turret - except rapid fire, lock-on when the reticle is over the target, and should slow but not prevent player movement while ADS.
  11. Anvildude

Yes. I agree with that.
  12. Baracuda

All 3 of these new rocket launchers seem like they can be entirely game breaking or the equivalent of slapping a tank with large cardboard box.

The VS one seems like it could easily become an all purpose 1-hit kill charge-up battle rifle. But it could also come out to be a slow moving ball making a laser light show as it goes along.

The TR launcher could end up being a better, faster, and more effective Annihilator, but can also come out to end up inheriting all the negative buffs of the Annihlator.

The NC launcher could release as it was in PS1, but I think it's going to come out with it being hard to control, stupid fast, and not enough damage. Also have a terrible feeling it might require a lock to actually fire it.
    • Up x 1
  13. Richard [PG]

Yay. Another annihilator for the TR. Because that isn't useless already.... with a 4 second lockon time.

But I did see the video, and I hope it's not going to take two mags to take out a tank.

BTW I can already see a glitch with the munitions pouch..... it'll give us +1 rocket rather than a whole mag.
    • Up x 1
  14. Sandzibar

15. SasoDuck

When are the new rocket launchers going to be released? I've been saving for the Lancer, and it looks like the VS actually get a foot up on the other factions for once.
  16. Spadar

I believe he said they're aiming for this coming Monday.
  17. Noizemaze

Disappointed in the Striker after watching the video. Lancer and Phoenix get unique mechanics and can hit any target based on the skill of the user. Striker is just a multi-shot Annihilator. While it may deal more potential damage than the other new launchers, the required lock-on means that we'll usually scare off our targets (or trigger countermeasures) long before being able to kill them as well as being unable to dumb-fire into non-vehicle targets. I feel like I'm better off using the Mana AV Turret or Burster Max. Hell, it's easier to run up to armor and kill it with mines or C4 than killing anything with lock-on launchers.
  18. drNovikov

Monday? So, not this week again?
  19. Ronin Oni

Friday, it's in Higby's thread in the main gameplay section.

Thread was after video too btw... he corrected it.
  20. pnkdth

The Lancer... Want it for the sound of the charge up alone. All we need now is to give VS HAs a cloak and...

[IMG]
    • Up x 2