GU4 Low Settings Cloak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by DrankTHEKoolaid, Mar 13, 2013.

1. DrankTHEKoolaid

I know there was a video posted on this but I wanted to show it with a little more lighting and movement.

• Up x 2
  2. Dr. Euthanasia

Am I the only one who tested this at long ranges?

Try it out. The Infiltrator won't show up at all even when he's full-on sprinting.
  3. Wobberjockey

thanks. i was going to put something together similar to this tonight, but it looks like you saved me the time :D
    i added a link to your video in mine for completeness sake

1 define long range for you? 100m+?

2 given how the game looks at low settings, i almost find that acceptable.
  4. Wobberjockey

bah double post... i know how to work a forum... really i do
  5. Dr. Euthanasia

I was pretty short on time, so unfortunately I can't give you an accurate measurement. Essentially, what I did was have my assistant stand at a distance where he was shorter than my sidearm's crosshairs and then cloak and run around. Even zooming in with a 12x scope, he didn't render for me at that range, and when I told him to cloak and then run towards me, he also didn't render even when he made it to point-blank range while his cloak was still active.

When I tested it again on high settings, I had him do the same thing and he showed up quite obviously after running within a certain distance. I wish I could give you numbers, but I only had about 30 minutes to run around this afternoon.
  6. raptor05

Cloak is now superbuffed on my system.. It will be a problem for me against enemy snipers,
    Im using high settings on G73jh Asus Laptop
    GPU is ATI mobility Radeon HD5870
    • Up x 1
  7. iller

You made your vid private on Accident, Fix please? Really looking forward to comparing the Min VS Max quality...

This alone might make this class playable again (sniping isn't "playing" ... and there's MUCH BETTER sniping games out there if anyone thinks Sniping is that super engaging)
  8. AnuErebus

Interesting. Anyone else have it where the cloak at certain times is a white highlight instead of black? I get it from time to time and when I do infiltrators gain an even larger "SHOOT ME NOW!" sign since they show up incredibly well on anything that isn't Esamir.
  9. datdudejrod

Holy **** he really is 100% invisible on your screen lol that's insane!
  10. Dr. Euthanasia

It's based on the in-game time of day. When the sun is up, we're white silhouettes. When it's setting, we're grey.

Actually, cloaked snipers no longer render for anyone at the distances you would normally see them. You've still got something crazy going on there, but it's only going to affect the CQC guys unless you make a habit of sneaking up on snipers from behind.
  11. Soylent

Looks decent enough on low now, definitely not as as to spot as before. On high thou, they're completely invisible.
  12. raptor05

I told you... oh well.. Im planning to buy a new gaming laptop with nvidia GPU this summer. I think PS2 is not ATI Radeon friendly..
    Ill just pray and spray on enemy infiltrators... I'll post also a video with wraith flash.
  13. raptor05

For me sniping is a part of infiltrating.. in some situation, you need to snipe first some spotters before you infiltrate. I played a while ago with this problem and i waited for the enemy to de-cloak.. tolerable though but still I need at least a tiny bit of rendering for the enemy infiltrator...
  14. iller

I really hope they continue to to find a happy median between these 2... Just for consistency's sake.

I'm not condoning them being *that* invisible but I'd note that the new "Low setting" looks identical IMO to the old High Setting (I played on to spot them better) from months back which was still TRASH when it came to "sneaking" around but still being spotted at medium range (~50ft) and I was constantly being spotted by other players even when crouched and not moving at all. Right now all it's done is take us back to Beta by the looks of it. In an ideal world... there'd be no difference between the Settings regardless of Shaders involved. (no I'm not holding my breath....the GPU hardware mfg's are JUST as responsible here)