HE Prowler useless now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fluzing, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Fluzing

I just tried the new nerfed HE prowler and I couldn't even hit infantry with it anymore. Since it's gonna take me another 10 minutes to spawn another one, I would like your opinion on it in the meantime.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dingus148

Ummmm, aim?
    • Up x 30
  3. Springheel Jack

You're awful, get out.
    • Up x 6
  4. Crashsplash

I don't use HE but I use HEAT pretty much full on.

I was quite relieved, I thought it would be over-nerfed but I still managed to do fine.

I did notice oddities though. The prowler can rock back and forth when stationary - obvious screws up aiming at range. And sometime the recoil form the first barrel would be kick up and sometimes kick down.
    • Up x 2
  5. datfluttershy

Get ready to recive massive ammounts of "L2P" from all factions, even your own.

Apart from that, your main issue is most likely the added recoil and likely the fact that your Blast-Radius was lowered to 700 instead of 1000. Sadly, i have to say if you ain't even hitting the infantry any more it might be an FPS issue, interpolation or simply the fact that you shouldn't have been able to hit infantry all along and the reduced blast-radius is now showing you how poorly your skills have developed into the wrong direction.
    So the issue is between your Headset or within the game, called a bug or even "feature" as SOE likes to call it. Just sit back, wait for several bugfixes which we always need after a GU because at SOE we are the Guineepigs for bugs, i really think they don't test any update before implementing it. None of the GUs that we recived was really well playable on D-Day.
    • Up x 4
  6. pnkdth

There seem to be some sort of bug making tanks with a turret rock back and forth when firing.

There will be a fix, don't worry.
    • Up x 5
  7. Gary

It is by no means useless.. However it has a few issues.. If the enemy is behind a building and they run from building to building (near tech plants these sort of layouts exist) That has a small gap between them the prowler is now unable to kill infantry running the gap unless they score a direct hit, They do not get time to get 2 shots off. Meanwhile NC/VS tanks can still tear infantry apart that make a run for it and kill them with a single shot without the need for a direct hit.

I personally feel a better fix would of been to reduce the blast radius instead of the damage, But also increase the time between shots by a significant amount. This results in the ability for a well placed shot to still kill the target, they become less effective at farming infantry behind cover due to smaller radius and time between shots allows the enemy to react and move to a safe point.

I definitely agree it needed changing but i feel this was the wrong change. Just my opinion :)

[
    I can vouch for that to experienced it yesterday even when deployed on flat ground in my prowler with AP D:
  8. Fluzing

Ah the usual L2P noobs. Nice of you to pitch in with your valuable comments. The blast radius seems a lot smaller than before, at least the explosion animation anyway. Did the radius receive a double nerf? I know they lowered it from 1000 to 700, but they also lowered the radius across the board for all anti-infantry guns.
  9. datfluttershy

How far they have changed it from the 700 further down is unkown, its one of SOEs secret ways to showing you that some changes are not supposed to be your concern, even if they brake your former way of gameplay, adapt and overcome.

Though i doubt a double-nerf happened.
  10. MaxDamage

Try killing infantry with HEAT now.
    lol.
    • Up x 2
  11. Soylent

Stop confusing blast radius with blast damage. Blast radius was reduced by: outer - 3m, inner - 0,5m, across the board for all HE cannons for all MBTs. Blast damage was reduced by 300 (from 1000 to 700) for the Prowler HE and HEAT. Which means if you hit the shell up to 2m (down from 2,5m) away from the infantry they will get the full 700 blast damage (down from 1000).
    • Up x 5
  12. Lakora

They reduced it across the board for all explosives with a Blast Radius (C4 exception since they increased it)
    Blast damage only effected Prowler HE/Heat cause of double barrels

But seriously you can't call people "L2P noobs" considering you set yourself up for it with your poor choice of words.

You're basically asking for a L2P response, so next time I'd suggest taking a good 30 minutes rereading your post to make sure you ain't asking for it before posting.

In terms of the reduction, meh they ain't that much of a hazzle if you could hit them before you can hit them now unless you were one of those just firing randomly from the crown.
    • Up x 1
  13. Zoner

Still better than HE vanguard by a huge margin. Wake me up when its actually balanced
    • Up x 1
  14. LordMondando

Thing is it should be better. The Prowler is the anti infantry tank. The Vanguard is meant to be the anit-tank tank, and the magrider is meant to be just the versitle manuverable one.

Sanding them all down in same stats, different model, is not the answer. Balance is not symetry.

The problem was, Prowler HEAT with a Vulcan was the solution to everthing and could not be counterd in number as soon a you came even near their line of sight you started getting murderd by splash damage. THus, the TR simply had to mass roll them acorss the map from base to base and winzors.
    • Up x 3
  15. Fluzing

No, I was asking for a discussion on the matter and not the usual childish responses.
  16. Jachim

My biggest concern with the tank nerfs, is that they do not take into consideration the other things that make up tank-vs-infantry. Everyone kept harping on how 2 is better than 1 and so it must be nerfed, when it takes little into consideration that the TR tank has giant weak spots (hit them for massive damage). Its rear is the size of an effing barn door, any NC/VS can easily get in behind. The prowlers only benefit was its 2 shots. That. Was. It.

The VS can still waltz about strafing away from fire, spinning about to avoid its much smaller rear area being struck, IR smoking locks or mag-burning away to a nearby hill or building to take cover and repair. It takes skill, sure, but the TR tank can only go backwards or forwards. Sure it can maybe do a C-turn, or some other awkward thing, but it certainly can't float about like some ballerina like the Maggy can.

The Vanguard... uh, yeah. Buff that ****, but quit taking your tears out on the TR tank, VS. You have so many benefits over it already.
    • Up x 5
  17. FateJH

I thought I noticed a minor difficulty bump to quality aiming at a distance but I wasn't aware of this wobble or any new recoil patterns. I felt it was my hand.
  18. Zoner

Vehicles do not have real locational damage. It is purely based on the angle of the incoming damage relative to the target vehicle. You can test this in VR very easily now:

Take a lightning, tank, or heavy with a rocket launcher out to a vehicle.
    You can shoot the tank 'in the back' from the side, and it will do side damage.
    You can shoot the tank 'in the front/side' from behind the tank, it will take rear armor damage, you can even hit the gun turret this way and it does rear damage.
    • Up x 3
  19. Antich

Yes, you weren´t overnerfed, you still have the fastest reload speed while doing more splash dmg(1400 compared to 1000). So yeah, nerfed you were, for being OP to just plain better.
    If you put in into numbers, all tanks need a reload for killing infantry that have either flak or nano armor lvl 1 or upper, you only need for flak 4 or 5(infiltrators survive any other tank with flak 3+ while they have no chance to survive a prowler, no matter the armor).
  20. hawken is better

Good. I was sick to ******* death of getting TKed by Prowlers spraying into a capture point's room (and literally hitting nothing but friendlies) while we've got a group of grunts trying to cap the damn thing.
    • Up x 2