The AMMO changes make zero sense

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by datdudejrod, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Xind

You're using the wrong one. Try the Serpent.
  2. CoffeeBreak

I'LL TRADE MY SERPENT FOR A JAGUAR!!!
  3. TheBloodEagle

4. TheBloodEagle

No, it was 225 before.
  5. Xind

I will take that trade. Jaguar is a bad Lynx.
  6. SDD

In PS1, TR had larger magazines but were still restricted to 50 bullets per 3x3 inventory grid. While PS2 is not PS1, it definitely doesn't feel like any flavor was removed by distributing larger ammo pools to other factions like it was before.
  7. Ronin Oni

I bought the first TR SMG....

The clip size difference between it and the second doesn't bother me too much as the one I use has higher RoF instead....

however the total ammo difference was ridiculous. So glad I got an ammo buff on that.

The rest all makes sense IMO.

We have ammo boxes anyways so it's not that big of a deal. Only LA and Infils ever run out as they often operate further from the group.
  8. TheBloodEagle

I'm using the TMG-50 right now in game but it still has 225 ammo...

All 75 round LMGs are now the same and have a 300 round capacity.
    • NC Gauss Saw S
    • TR TMG-50
    • VS Pulsar LSW
    • VS SVA-88
    • VS Flare
    • VS Ursa
  9. SikVvVidiT

So tell me what freaking LMG you guys have that carries 180 rounds NOW!!

Please enlighten me on how bad teh VS have it. My T32 now carries freakking 180 mother ******* rounds... WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THAT. I will be running back to find a engy ALL THE GOT DAMN TIME NOW.
  10. CoffeeBreak

I was going to silly word play but...

I have them both on my TR and Jag is pretty good for picking off medium/long range targets. I've spent many an assault perched on cliffs, buildings, trees, etc with it.
  11. Xind

I rarely find myself in Medium/Long range fights. Has something to do with my abject avoiding of Amp Stations. My frames take a 15 FPS hit regardless of battle size in AMP stations and I don't get why...so I don't go there. Lynx is pretty great for short to medium, though. But in general, I feel more comfortable with close/mid range combat anyway...any time I go out to fight at long range I just get sniped until I go some place where snipers aren't so damn abundant.
  12. datdudejrod

ROFL your just a hater on me anyways, dont post in my threads go flame me some more ingame about how im a cheater and **** casue I kill you when your not in a tank or plane.

On topic: Its just dumb to not give TR any more ammo if they give the other factions more ammo when that is a TR faction advantage, now all we have it some fast ROF weapons, which everyone has...VX, GD, nothing new here. That was our only faction advantage and now its gone lol just kind of dumb. I run out of ammo all the time...give every class expect the sniper rifles 300 reserve ammo. Would fix everything and I could live with not having the advantage then!
  13. ThundaHawkPS

Why are you so angry jrod.

shouldnt u be in game bragging about shooting motionless cloaked infils with your low settings that make them pop out like black blobs against the esamir snow. Shoot son! ur skilled and also honorable. That was a good infil duel bro! Best infil vs infil fight i've ever had and you were it!
  14. teks

This is hilarious. TR is all like "this was stupid"

Guys what was stupid was the fact that you guys had extra ammo in the first place. There was no balancing aspect the other factions received. You guys just straight up had more ammo for no real good reason.

You will counter as you usually do. NC does more damage and VS does no bullet drop, but these advantages both have balancing aspects already in place. NC generally has a lower ROF (putting them at a net loss) and VS gets double damage dropoff (also putting them at a net loss since bullet drop is negligable)

You still get 25% more ammo per clip without any penalty. The theory was that your guns fire 25% more rounds that do less damage but this was never implimented. In reality all weapons are nearly identical across the board except you guys got 25% more ammo and clip size.

So... call it bull but all NC and VS are finally happy to see that there was some balance done in this.
  15. BigMacDeez

It hasn't hindered me in the slightest. Stay with your bros.
  16. Tasogie

They want the game to be mirror imaged mate this is just a continuation of that. Diversity is too difficult for most company's to maintain in face of the younger entitled generation. So making everyone equal is just easier for them.

Sadly it dulls games down to the bottom of barrel level like the COD/MW9000 type of game.
  17. vooodooov

all i think is:
    mimimi
    :)
    have a nice day!