Full patch notes up for GU4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MurderBunneh

Changed the color of the night vision scope’s crosshair so that is easier to see against dark backgrounds.
    The best short-mid range scope just got better.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ghosty11

Being able to shoot two rounds per reload with a Prowler made it excel as an Infantry farming tool. It has now been brought in line with the other MBT's. What's not to understand?
  3. Drevar

I sincerely hope the mini-map is updated to match any terrain changes made. It has been out of date for any and all changes made to terrain up to now.
  4. Soylent

They will, assuming the target doesn't use flak or nanoweave (and most do). Any other situation the prowler is still the better tank against infantry since it has the ability to fire two shells per reload.
  5. irishroy

where are the shotguns?
    and also:
    [IMG]
  6. phreec

If the infantry has only one rank of Nanoweave or Flak they'll survive that shot and have ages to run for cover unlike for the Prowler than can fire a followup shot in 0.5 seconds...
  7. fastdak255

you mean like this?
  8. LordMondando

THing is theres nothing in principle preventing that from happening. Merely it'll be a lot harder. Requriing pathfinders to put down squad becons first.

What it will prevent is hundresd of people in a outfit zerging around the map overhwhelming base after base every time the instant action cool down runs out.
    • Up x 2
  9. TomaHawk

If you were correct about it being "neglibible"/negligible, I wouldn't have to adjust aim in between shots in order to land both shots. You should really drive Prowlers for a while before you talk. And no, I never cared about the recoil. Drive a Prowler long enough and you adapt to it. The recoil is especially noticeable when shooting over greater distances. But is is more than negligible in many situations.
  10. Cougarbrit

Negli-bible, lol, that's fun to say.
    • Up x 1
  11. LordMondando

I have. I might as well add as a disclaimer at this point, I have chars on 3/4 EU severs, I regularly test all the stock VS and TR equipment. Compared to the recoil from a single Vanguard shot (all guns) and the Magrider HEAT equivlent (smaller but still there). Each Prowler HEAT shot has negilible recoil. I'd have to experiment a bit more, but I think im right in sayings its les than the lightning HEAT and HE as well.

Why don't you try driving the other tanks for a bit of comparison prehaps?
    • Up x 1
  12. LordMondando

Typo's are fun sometimes.
  13. PsychoBat

Really happy about the detailed patch notes this time. Lots of new content.
  14. Takoita

Warpgate rotation? It'll be even more difficult to dislodge them now, IMHO.
  15. Cougarbrit

Prowler recoil is low, but can still totally mess up things if you're on uneven terrain, I've had to redeploy my prowler before because the recoil knocked me back enough that I was on a different angle of terrain, that's quite a few seconds spent mobilising, readjusting my position, deploying and then resuming fire. Granted that's more to do with the deploy function of vehicles being more like a handbrake and less like an actual deployment.
  16. Gisgo

Vehicles will no longer continue to drive themselves after the pilot exits

I trained my sundy for weeks to drive himself...
    Nice patch anyway, there are many good changes.
    • Up x 1
  17. Takoita

???

The changes add one magazine in reserve, not to the magazine size itself.
    • Up x 1
  18. Nogrim313

love it 95%

still dont really think some of the vehicle weapons needed a nerf, libs are in pretty rough shape as is hitting their splash and boosting their xp grant is a bit rough (i think they are in need of some HP/armor love soon) and the saron just took a pretty big hit last patch with its bullet speed (which is still slower than the other MBT main guns?) and has extremely minimal splash to begin with but i guess across the board is across the board

the prowler nerf seems pretty fair the splash they were getting was ridiculous but id still their their bullet speed bonus on anchor should be halved so people have a chance to dodge the damn things

one change i dislike is the terminal / phalanx grief increase, i feel like this is detrimental to slash and burn tactics, once a base is obviously capped i like being able to deny them terminals/turrets if they don't have engies i assume the "grief" will attribute towards weapons locking which im against for this reason. turrets i can live with generating grief but the terminals is a bit limiting and silly

those xp Buffs are amazing, although i fear were in for a dose of heavy side again :( especially once the new launchers hit
  19. Marked4Death

So VS still can't kill as many enemies per loadout and need ammo belt far more than other factions. That's totally fair in Higby logic.
  20. Vendettta

As much as I hate playing Engi, I'm definitely buying one of those Anti-Vehicle Turrets now.
    • Up x 1