Outnumbered 4 to 1 constantly on Briggs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mikromancer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Robk

There is no when, the vanu alliance on briggs is much larger than the other outfits and they work together. On almost all days we have casual squads where you just join and we attack areas on the map based on what gives us the best tactical advantage. If you join a TROL squad you would see we don't just sit there and farm certs (maybe occasionally) we push against the other outfits to get a really interesting battle going.

A lot of people don't see the vanu outfits because we don't hover around the crown and that's where most of the pub population is, and for fighting on other contents we are on them to stir up a fight and have some fun, NOT on indar. Also if you looked at PSAus you would see that every Sunday/Saturday we have a war on a cont, mostly esmir/amerish and that is why you don't see us as much.

Also to add to that we stick close to the rest of the platoon so you won't see some trolls at the crown and some at rashnu and some at skydock, if you do see us you will see us in force.
  2. Tasogie

Trouble with Trol is they fanatically suicide, an deconstruct the second they look like loosing. I have only ever ocne managed to kill them in air because the second you shoot at them, they deconstruct or dive into the ground. I have no respect for them as players, an sadly most of the clans on Briggs are no better.
  3. Robk

Hmm that's very weird as we have a extremely small pilot base and all common pilots I know and will never do that unless its something like a shrike hack. Also we deconstruct all gals after we land because we find no point in keeping them.
  4. Incinerage

Wow seriously? IB? As in evilant and all those guys?
    Being cancerous blights and thieves of oxygen?

Who would have thunk it. o_O
  5. Rasp

If you guys aren't finding big fights outside of the crown then you need to join an outfit. This game is made to play with others and an outfit is the best way. Unfortunately the TR have a lot of infighting atm which combined with the loss of the best warpgate has hurt them but there are still good outfits out there.

I love that NC have picked up their game and become more organized 41BN is good to fight now and TTWR seems to put up a fight even tho they are new.

As for the TR being gated a bit recently I personally love seeing them complain in yell chat that it makes me bring the trolls and our allies over again and again and again tho we don't pick on them specifically all the time we do take advantage of situations that present themselves and also regularly gate the NC east of the canyon.

Troll lol lol lol
  6. Bubbalicious

Not to worry OP, if the faction specific rocket launchers in the March Roadmap are released you will see the TR (mostly) and NC gain a significant growth in players as these weapons are a game changer. Vanu will start to die off. So smile if we know SoE they will patch it in very soon.
  7. DrStrangeLug

The solution is to dynamically limit the continental populations.

Give a bass lower limit (100 say) and once any side reaches that it is not allowed to go more than 5% above the lowest population on that content.

The gives players that want to play on that continent but cant because their pop is too high three options.

1. Wait (boring)
    2. Go somewhere else
    3. Switch to the underpopulated side.
    This switches the system from encouraging you to go to the highest pop side to wanting to go to the lowest population side because you'll always be able to get into continents.
  8. Shasbot

Can't remember that happening too often. Usually the Vanu Fail Division occupies it's time by ghost caping the other continents and randomly tking other vanu.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bill Hicks

OMG NC is full of casuals. Slow reaction zerglings who cannot win except by sheer numbers
  10. y3ivan

nah, not in a million times. They made good cert farming material. Then they whine in the forums about vehicles been OP.
  11. Tasogie

Gals I can understand as they are useless once on ground. but it frustrates me no end when I manage to get upper hand an they just nose dive at 50% health.
  12. Takoita

IMHO, the current warpgate ownership actually favours TR now. It is much more defensible.
  13. Dingus148

Agreed. I think it's part of the reason we hold our own despite usually having less players. I refuse to attribute it to player skill (even though I play TR and could use the ego boost :p ) because probability says that simply should not be true
  14. Mikromancer

ugh, just ran into the worst case scenario. 18% TR world pop, warpgated on all three continents, and where are the TR? at the freaking crown. like, all of them. ugh. TR may be beyond saving, is there any way I can transfer my purchases back to mc or to another faction? (that was sarcasm btw)
  15. Pac1

Unfortunately the problem is getting worse and worse. If nothing is done the game will soon be unplayable since it is simply not fun when both VS & NC have 50% more population than TR. If the problem is not fixed I'm sure that quite many of us will move to other servers as soon as transfer tokens are available. Since Briggs already has lowest pop it will hurt everybody.

I don't want TR to be buffed but I would like SOE to implement dynamic limit for continent population or give XP boost that would actually encourage players to select low pop faction. Having 6% XP boost when other factions have 50% more population is ridiculous.
  16. Dingus148

Why is everyone so keen to quit? We were kicking **** tonight. We pushed all the way to the NC warpgate and started on the vanu despite holding a minority of the population. Why quit because things got interesting? All more enemies means is more farm, more certs and more action. How is this a bad thing?

Also, there's no quit in a TR soldier. Needs to be said.
  17. Pac1

Yes, most of the fights were good tonight. Unfortunately they weren't that good once TR dropped down to 24%. I'm not complaining just about tonight, I'm complaining about the general trend of TR losing population and the lopsided fights that result. Unfortunately I don't think that the problem will fix itself, it will only get worse if SOE does nothing. It's just a mentality of gamers, joining on side that's winning the fight. My prediction is that if nothing happens problem will only get worse, especially when transfer tokens will be available.
  18. Taiji

It's simple to balance pops between servers. Just pay people on overpopulated severs loads of certs to transfer whereever you want them. People like certs, well some of them.
  19. Evil Monkey

NC is handicapped by having the dumbest players. With the exception of 41BN none of them could find their bum with both hands.
    Vanu seem most organised at the inter-outfit level, TR seem to have smaller, more independent groups of diehards.

I've actually switched to TR as I can't stand the mindless NC zerg.

Interestingly, Briggs population seems to be growing...
  20. NovaAustralis

I'm sure every faction has it's noobs, TK'ers and clueless pubs... but NC on Briggs... oh my word...
    We might have the biggest population but g*ddamn are most of them useless oxygen thieves!

To be fair though, we do have IB, TTWR and AG7 as well as 41BN, but the actual numbers of the organised outfits don't reflect the overall NC population.

In my experience from being on the receiving end:
    VS seem to roll as inter-outfit cooperative zergs (E.g: TROL, VFD, N7VD, etc...) and they're capping left, right, centre and behind you.
    TR tend work as discrete outfits by themselves (E.g: SOGA, KOL, KNTR, etc...) and they hit hard but only in one or two locations and so therefore predictably.

What's the appeal with NC anyway?
    We have: a mid-range tank, worst ESF, nerfed MAXs, steep learning / practice curve for weapons... there's nothing really overly OP about NC that can explain such a population shift.
    (That or NC population hasn't changed, it's just VS and TR rage quitting after the Magrider, HE and Lib nerfs...)