[Suggestion] MORE WEAPONRY

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fatalness, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Fatalness

There really needs to be more kinds of weapons,ammo,vehicles and attachments in planetside 2. There needs to a SPECIFIC vehicle that is anti-tank because Whoever has more tanks seems to win the battle probably 75% of the time. Attachments like more sights, flechette rounds and more really I think needed to be added. More Assault riffles and carbines is something I think there needs to be more of. Anything that can give players even more customization.
  2. Aghar30

Stop giving them more ideas to print money.
    • Up x 1
  3. Fatalness

They need money since its a free to play. You want them to make more money so they can make it better
  4. Vashyo

I'd say no more guns ever, they should stop adding stuff to the game!
  5. Dubious

More vehicles, less guns
    • Up x 1
  6. NinjaTurtle

They will add more stuff over time, they are adding more weapons in the next update as it is.

I do think though that all vehicles should have their own unique look.

I'd love the NC flash to be a motorcyle or the VS flash to be a mini magrider type thingy
  7. the pestimist

and make the current things better
  8. Fatalness

But then the game will die after a while
  9. Vashyo

I was sarcastic, what you're asking in the OP is something that happens every update and will keep on happening until the game dies. You're just asking for something you're going to get anyway.
  10. TheEvilBlight

More hats. Someone will buy them, but likely not enough people.

Sadly it's an FPS: people only live to buy things that kill other people faster. That means new weapons.

I wish SOE had chosen to make new guns require certs and attachments to be bought with station cash or certs. But we have what we have already.

Maybe they'll just let people buy gun attachments as a quick-and-easy to make money. Money, money...!
  11. WalrusJones

Assuming that peoples goal is cert farming, and perfect unlocks... Yes. Yes it would.

However, if these people alone getting boored are enough to kill the game, then I really wouldn't care then.
    OF course, in every game I have played in recent years (ME3, Payday, and a few more had serious farming issues,) I have been so anti-farmer that I would flat out proclaim "This game can die if its running on 90% farmer."

Fortunately enough, we have 4-8 gun models per release day weapon class that hasn't been released.

I listed them in another thread, you know...... "Where is my TORX, DMR-99, Tar-S, or RMR-4."
  12. Alesteex

I like new weapons. I kind of think of it along the lines of our R&D boys coming out with new weaponry for the war effort.
  13. Zorro

The answer is not more weapons, but more unique weapons. Currently most carbines and assault rifles are only slightly different from others in terms of functionality, and they look almost completely similar. If my idea about weapon customization was added, we would only need about half of the weapons we have now to satisfy any soldier's style. Whoever made the copy/paste looks of the current weapons needs to be fired, as every weapon should be instantly recognizable. Different types of weapons can still be added, from melee weapons through grenade launchers to bows and crossbows (though the latter does not seem to be very popular).

Faction traits also need to be exaggerated. As it is now the weapons seem to be post-modern technology (near-future), and do not belong in a setting 800 years from now. Crysis 3 has a gun which is basically a mini-gun in rifle form, boasting a 500 round magazine and extremely fast firing speed. This would be perfect for the Terran Republic. The New Conglomerate should have a high-powered railgun that is basically OHK against infantry and can damage armored vehicles, but needs to be reloaded after every shot. The Vanu Sovereignty needs to have beam weapons as well, not just plasma pulse weapons. What SOE (and Sony in general) needs is creativity, which is arguably the most important commodity in any game.

Dubious said that additional vehicles are more important than guns, and I am inclined to agree. As described in my vehicles thread, different models of vehicles are just as important as different models of guns. Imagine if each class had only one gun available, would you want to play this game? Buggies will help, but frankly, there needs to be many more roles to vehicles, and multiple models for each role of vehicle. Infantry weapons need to be improved, for sure, but since Planetside 2 is a combined arms game, everything needs to be looked at.
  14. Fatalness

I totaly agree someone needs to get this to the devs.
  15. FateJH

We'll give each faction three more SMGs with the exact same stats and model as the last one.
  16. Heyitsrobbie1984

yes more weaponry. we need bullpups for gods sake
  17. WalrusJones

Well, its clear they have lots of unreleased designs in the games files sitting around as we speak.....

Hopefully, we see them. I like the sound of certain ones.