Who uses the burst fire weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrIDoK, Mar 11, 2013.

1. MrIDoK

Generally, they are considered quite bad among the community, but i have been using a T1B for a very long time on my TR character (laser sight+flash suppressor+2x reflex) and it has never failed me once, unless i used it in the wrong way. I like it more than the standard T1 because i'm often a bit trigger happy and waste bullets... Also it has a sexy sound :3
    I've never used the TRAC-5 Burst because i jumped straight from the TRAC-5 to the TRAC-5S for the grenade launcher.

Also i insantly got the Gauss Rifle Burst for my NC alt, it feels a lot like the SABR-13 and performs even better than that thanks to the unbalanced recoil and lower recoil...

So, who among us uses these weapons? :)
  2. Robes

just you
    • Up x 3
  3. SenEvason

I'm saving up certs for the SABR.
  4. Aghar30

most people don't use burst fire weapons because they can burst fire on their own, but hey if they work for you go for it man.
    • Up x 2
  5. Morpholine

I used the Solstice BF in the brief interlude between picking it up (thinking it added burst to the auto capability of the stock Solstice, instead of replacing it), and deciding to pony up for the SF.

Since then, I haven't touched it. And I guess that says everything.
  6. ExarRazor

why do you have laser dot on a burst weapon?
  7. Zorro

Since the Solstice SF is superior in every conceivable way, I decided to simply skip the Solstice Burst.
  8. FateJH

I guess he reasons it shrinks the CoF.
  9. WalrusJones

As long as every weapon has a positive First shot recoil multiplier, burst weapons will be slightly gimped.
    • Up x 2
  10. Asmotron

I very rarely use the singe and double shot modes on my TMG-50, if that counts. Love that gun tho. I want it to have my VS and NC murdering babies.
  11. MrIDoK

As i use the 3-round burst at mid-close range and the single shot at mid-long, i don't have to deal with a great horizontal recoil at any range where it matters a lot.
    So i use the laser sight because in close range the 3-round burst decreases a bit the effective dps (it's very difficult to time the clicks right to obtain the full-auto rof) and i want to compensate for that with higher hipfire accuracy.
    It's a great all-around gun this way, and this is also how i'm building the Gauss Rifle Burst.
  12. 01101010

^ this really.
  13. Being@RT

I used the Gauss Rifle Burst a whole lot, then moved back to default Gauss Rifle. I felt the Gauss Rifle Burst perform better (but maybe that was wishful thinking) at mid/long range combat, but lacking in close quarters because frantically clicking to maximize rate of fire would hamper my aiming.

Seemed like a perfectly viable weapon (I was really happy after I first got it, but that excitement waned with time. Possibly because of more CQC weapons being added to game) and I'll definitely return to it some day (to get the medal and to re-evaluate)
  14. Total_Overkill

I use the Solstice Burst... but only for another 68 kills, then i never have to touch this pos ever again -_-
  15. Jezs

I just figured out that everything but lmg's has a single shot mode :V, not very useful though for the reason above
  16. WalrusJones

For certain guns it actually is vital for long range, given enough skill to land arcing shots.

Some snipers refuse to move when they take a random bullet, assuming that its a lucky spraying shot.

Then I hit them with 8 more in semi auto..... And a silenced tar is what killed them.

Its more common then you think.

While cherry tapping isn't IDEAL for killing shielded people, in some fights, it works very well in others where bullet density is too high to allow you to close in on the target.
  17. Mightyhalo

Yeah the ones I tried were awful, but when my aim seems way off I go back to basics and burst for awhile with my normal weapon. It usually does the trick.
  18. GSZenith

first thing i bought that wasn't 1cert was the burst weapon on my vs medic :( loved it.
  19. Lucidius134

Arguably, it isn't.
  20. Pikachu

First thing I bought was was rocket pods (or among the first), then I realized that I did not enjoy flying and has never had any interest in it again. :confused: