[BUG] No DAMAGE compilation thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Finious, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preddles

So SOE just put this on their support page

"NO DAMAGE / WARPING AFTER A FEW MINUTES

Some players may experience a bug which causes weapons to not register damage when fired. This issue may be caused by Asus motherboards needing sensors switched off. If you are running an Asus motherboard and have the Asus AI Suite software installed on your PC, go into its Settings and uncheck the boxes for the two sensor monitors."

So that may work for some people. I've also noticed since Wednesday I have stopped getting the bug after deleting something on my GIGABYTE motherboard called Easytune Quickboost. Just thought I'd pass that on as something to try while they get this figured out.
  2. VorteX135

Has nothing to do with ASUS motherboard since I'm running the alienware M14xR1 motherboard. Unless its a more general problem with motherboards as a whole.
    • Up x 1
  3. Playbizzle

Any updated news about this? I have a Gigabyte motherboard no AI software and my censors are all off. No overclock or turbo or any of that running at stock speed.
  4. Lundo12

Since the server mergers I can not get more than 20 minutes of gameplay in without this bug kicking in entirely making this game unplayable.

This is quite possibly the worse thing that can happen in a shooter aside from simply not being able to log in. It is entirely unacceptable and needs to be addressed immediately yet NOTHING has been done.

Get cracking on this already.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ralekei

For the meantime, mine seems to be solved by uninstalling EasyTune6. I am not sure what to do if you have no AI software though.
    I will also mention that my power usage is on the full performance option.
  6. Playbizzle

I dont use easytune 6 cause its buggy and had problems with it in the past and my power is set to full performance. Not sure what else to do
  7. Josobu

I fixed my desync by placing my CPU back to stock speed and disabling AI Suite.

It's not just an ASUS mobo issue and apparently any overclocking will cause this desync.

Software being the major player in this. Easytune, MSI Afterburner, etc. Disable them until it's fixed.
  8. Thentar

Yet again I can't play because of this stupid bug.

3 mossies got away from my scythe because I couldn't do any damage ... finally one figured it out and chased me and I had to bail from my air craft onto the tower before jumping in the turret.
  9. Thentar

3rd time tonight
  10. Thentar

11. Thentar

12. Thentar

13. Thentar

What I have to resort to because I can't do any damage in PS2!
  14. Agorash

NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY NO DAMAGE AND NO KILLS HOMER GO CRAZY

Oh and... BUMP!
    Have you seen SOE around?
  15. isiy

Sad and angry bizzzzump. Guns dealing no damage = sad face. Big ol' sad face.
  16. Chlorox

I, for one, love how the bug suddenly starts happening on multiple motherboards/manufacturers and it's not SOE's fault! It's totally your boards that were ghost updated at the same time as the server merge patch and are causing problems!

Seriously SOE, fix it. It makes me want to go full auto on my teammates and see if anyone notices. Their health certainly won't.
  17. SgtPerfect

EasyTune 6 has a new update download. I updated it for my Gigabyte MOB today for my AMD FX-8350 chip. I have not had a single "weapons don't kill" issue since the download (played over 5 hours). I use to average one reboot every 30 min. Or, maybe the network was fixed today. Any one still having trouble? :eek:
  18. Helve

I am no longer playing PS2 until they fix this bug. this bug makes the game unplayable that is all.
    • Up x 1
  19. Fallout10mm

I generally only seem to have this problem with my shotgun (TR, Haymaker semi-auto), about half my shots dont connect when they should, using any other weapon dosen't seem to have the problem or at least it doesnt crop up as often. Only noticed the issue myself after GU3.
  20. pr0gr4m

If you can switch weapons and don't experience the problem...then you don't have THIS problem. When this problem happens, your shots from ALL guns won't do any damage. If you are a sniper your Recon Detect Device will fire but you won't see any circly radar blips on the minimap. When you get into a vehicle, shoot all you want, you'll do no damage. Drop a mine, it won't hurt a thing.

Here is a neat twist me and a guy found out. I was in the 'no damage' state. I was with another guy (same faction) and was showing him by shooting and knifing him and doing no damage. He knifed me, just once. Then I could do damage! I didn't do a lot cuz it was just me and him. I shot him a couple times, did damage and thought all was well. I hope into my scythe and head off for some action...nothin. The damage "fix" was only temporary. I don't know if it "broke" when I got back in my vehicle or if it only worked on him cuz he knifed me. It was interesting but by no means a fix.

This one is really driving me nutz.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.