Lancer! Striker! Phoenix!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Transvestosaurus, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Stormlight666

And when it comes out, so they shalt snuff it.
    • Up x 1
  2. Stormlight666

Hover cross the water and Jumpjet up the wall, then blast away, blast away, blast away all!
    • Up x 1
  3. Stormlight666

I don't know. It sounds like theirs could be a lock-on launcher that can lock on to a zerg and fire 6 missiles at 6 tanks. That'd be something.
  4. Rhumald

I am hoping it is a cluster rocket, IE; you fire one rocket, on a brief dumbfire trajectory, which then bursts open into a swarm of rockets that chase down whatever you'd locked onto, or simply into a scary rocket flower if you haven't locked on to anything.
  5. Stormlight666

It sounds more like a lock-on version of the Rocklet Rifle to me.
  6. DemoEvolved

The Phoenix was hilariously funny in PS1. Used it a ton.

Only con is it will cost 1000 certs and only NC can get it.
  7. Bill Hicks

Are these new launchers coming out with this next patch?
  8. Noktdaz

A week after GU4 if I understood Higby's post correctly.
  9. Garrett24789P

GU4 is gonna be a week late from its previous date so hopefully they will get released with new game update. Otherwise we will be waiting another 2 weeks again.
  10. Arcanotechnician

I expect the Striker to be a five shot rapid launch Engineer AV turret with a scope, with assisted guidance if you have your crosshairs over the target, and you'll be able to move slowly while using it. It's going to rock.
  11. Bill Hicks

i cant wait for the phoenix. No more prowlers on hills spamming us, no more magriders strafe bombing us from mid range.
  12. MartianDiscoFish

[IMG]
    I saw this picture of the Lancer on Players webpage,
    it definitely looks pretty badass, reminds alot of some sniper rifles from me3

[IMG]
  13. Razcsak

Rather than speculating about the new weapons, y'all could just watch this video here. Summary: TR rocket launcher will be overpowered if the damage is what it appears to be in the video, NC will be situationally amazing or ****, and the VS will be...eh. Which, honestly, fits the general theme of the infantry game so far.

Seriously, one-shotting a Vanguard from the side? That's not at all excessive.
  14. Varben

I really hope that's just thrown together placeholder footage, cause... man. The Lancer looks like it sucks and the striker looks just stupidly overpowered. The anti-armour laser should not have that slow of a projectile.
    • Up x 2
  15. Fafnir

Watch more closely. It seems about as fast as Saron HRB and the projectile is going to look like a laser beam, not how it looked like during this video.
  16. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Yeh, my first reaction when she showed it was "FFS, and I was hoping to finally get a VS launcher that doesn't block my LoS with a silly long trail".
    But when it looks decent, I'll be awesome. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it.
    As in, the only way I'm not is if they run a package so awesome right before they get in I run out of all SC.
    In which case I have 1k certs ready :D
  17. TheJan

I'm amazed how people fail to see the scene was cut. Actually, from the damage observed in the first shot, it took 1/8 or 1/9 of the tank's health with a single lateral hit. That means it should take between 2 full clips and maybe start a third in order to take a MBT firing from a lateral. Which seems fine to me.

For the record, PS1's TR Striker is a 5 clip rocket launcher that instant-locks on target: ground and air vehicles as well as MAXes, and can switch to dumb fire mode. Pretty much what looks here, actually I wouldn't mind if it couldn't lock on MAXes as long as it was able to switch to dumb fire.
    • Up x 3
  18. Lyel

Thank you! Somebody actually has a pair of eyes!

And for the Vanu complaining about the projectile speed.... they specifically said in the video "YES, IT WILL BE A LAZOR." Just give them time.
  19. Transvestosaurus

Still no actual display of how they work, though.

NC - Literally a half-second of rocket cam and a reiteration that it does A LOT of damage, so at least equal to a Decimator (surely?).

VS - I like the triangle power bars but no indication if you can hold it at full charge or if it... er... goes off automatically when fully charged (said the vicar to the Vanu infiltrator).

TR - They just straight up tell us they don't know how it works yet. Could be normal lock-on, could require constant aim.

It's all very flashy, but I can see why GU04 was delayed.
    • Up x 1
  20. Bape

Don't think the striker has a dumb fire mode or they would've shown that on the video and they clearly said lock on. If it has dumbfire mode that will be OP madness spam.