Those who whine about "Fixes", please learn to play

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterBond, Mar 8, 2013.

1. MisterBond

Learn to play.

That's it, no really that's it.

Learn to play.

I come onto the forums today to look at all the gameplay discussion, I see people.

1) Whining because they can't park their sunderer with impunity, they want C4/Mines nerfed cause "I should be able to park where I want and not have to worry about some kamakazi coming up and blowing me up". Or whining cause a engineer ran up to their camping tank and blew them up with mines instantly when its their fault for camping. They also want the cost on mines increased to hilarious amounts like 400-500 resources a mine, meanwhile tanks cost between 200-250 resources.

2) ESF pilots whining about lock on's, when if you hug the ground along hills, buildings, and then race over your target for a bombing run you are pretty much untouchable. ESF pilots are also whining about MAX's with bursters, AA guns, basically whining about anything that threatens to shoot them down.

3) "My faction should do more damage with its weapons cause of X" - basically boils down to a person on a faction want an advantage over other ones.

4) Remove certs cause they give "Unfair advantage against new players" topics - Hilarious amount of these around.

5. My favorite, "Infantry should not be able to fight back against vehicles because vehicles require resources while infantry does not" - why oh why do I picture some upset child who had his roflstomp streak in his tank ended, probably because this is the case.

6) "Nerf X weapon cause its too strong, buff Y weapon to counter" - again, this comes down to player preference and not if anything is balanced as such, they just want an advantage over other weapons/classes

7) Give a class X ability. Downside, what downside? - Seeing this a freaking ton lately. LA's want mega explosives, infiltrators want wallhacks, engineers want automated turrets, HA's want huge armor buffs, etc etc etc

And on, and on, and on.

I'm going to say it again.

Suck it up, learn to play.

Don't want to get blown up by tank mines or C4? Don't stay still.

Hate lock-on's? Cert into Nanite repair, soon as you take a little damage, fly away and repair while midair!

Hate infantry blowing up your tank? EXPECT IT, YOU'RE IN A TANK, A GIANT, GIANT, GIANT TARGET!!!

Mad your SMG is useless against a pump shotgun at 5m? Engage them at 20m.

*facepalms*

Whatever happened to learning to play? I mean, I don't have a good K/D ratio (Admittedly bad cause I love repairing more then shooting) but, I just see all these complaints and "Suggestions" when its all things that give these players a crutch, and its not to "Make the game better" its just "I like doing X, thus, game should change around me so I can X as much as I want without penalty" bulltripe

Suck it up, learn to play. Yeah it sucks when you round a corner and DED, but its not like you're spending 30-40 seconds staring at a spawn screen, 99% of the time you're right back in the action ASAP either though close spawn points, medic heals, drop pod spawn points whatever.

Trust me, once you learn to deal with your shortcomings, you'll have a ton, TON more fun playing this game.
    • Up x 14
  2. RaTzo

PSA: Hardware ban for people who post "Learn To Play" lameness on the forums.
    • Up x 8
  3. KraggTheGrim

Some of those threads asking for "Fixes" are talking about things that don't work because of glitches. Like how mines sometimes don't explode, and weapons that are not registering hits. Try not to blanket those looking for legitimate "bug fixes" with those calling for "balance"
  4. MisterBond

Except those are actual fixes, and things that are broken game play mechanics

There's 5 threads going on right now about people whining cause C4/Tank mines blew up their sunderer/tank etc. Their "solution" is to make them near useless, just so they can have their sunderer/tank be a cert farm with impunity.

Another one is tank drivers mad cause rocket launchers blew their tanks up, when I 100% bet these are tank drivers standing in the open and firing mindlessly at a spawn building hoping for free certs, and not using landscape for cover etc.

And on, and on, and on. All this can be solved by learning to play better, not whining to the dev's to change the game just so it suits you.
    • Up x 4
  5. KjarAchran

There's two problems on these forums as far as I can tell...

1. The people who actually want to show problems of imbalance with evidence and a backed-up theory have their threads completely drowned out by all the people who get killed 3 times in a row by something and scoot of to the forums to whine about how overpowered said thing is.

2. The Dev's apparently listen to these idiots who, rather then learning to get better at the game and search for counters, whine non-stop about almost everything...
    • Up x 3
  6. Shasbot

People often misuse and abuse the words "fix" and "broken" to make their point when complaining about balance. He's reffering to this. e.g. "[PSA] when will the broken AT mines get fixed????"
  7. CrispyHaze

You forgot:

8) People ironically whining about whiners.
    • Up x 4
  8. KraggTheGrim

Point taken, There is a certain amount of "Learn to Play" required in this game.
  9. Ash87

9.) People who think it is clever, that they point out people: whine about whining. Because they agree things should be nerfed to fit their own playstyle, rather than considering balance in regards to the game as a whole.
    • Up x 2
  10. KjarAchran

WhineCeption...
    • Up x 4
  11. sophont

Unfortunately this game will be never as balanced as some people want it to be. However, some things are legitimately a concern and should at least be looked at by devs. People need to remember though it's their judgment that goes.
    • Up x 1
  12. Garantine

Hey guys, the OP heard you like to whine, so he put whines in your whines so you can whine while you whine.
    • Up x 2
  13. makrome

If this game would be tetris, the whining and nerf/buff wishes wouldn't stop before there are only 1x1 squarees left in game.
    • Up x 1
  14. JDS999

well actually that would take to much time for these brainless masses they would need 10x10 squares so they could score on every piece
    • Up x 1
  15. Zakuak

Tellem Bond!

Oh and LOL Garantine, well placed =)
  16. MisterBond

Its basically boiling down to impatient children who don't want to put the time into the game to earn things

When you are on a cert streak, its great, you're getting 2-3 certs a minute, and you don't want it to end.

Eventually though, it does end, and you're back to the waiting game.

This whole game is designed around cert gain, and all these people who want things "Fixed" (Not actual bugs) is just because it gives them the ability to earn more certs longer/faster/better.

You have to -WORK- for your certs in this, a lot of people this is a turn off, they want their benefits to be seen NOW and they want things NOW and NOW NOW NOW. They love the game, but don't like the grind etc.

So they just go onto the forums and whine, and whine, and whine about things they want changed for their benefit just so they can cert grind faster/better vs. doing something else.

If you learn to play the game better, you earn more certs quicker. To lazy PS2 gamers, the learning curve to cert gain is "too slow" and they want results now now now now now!

They want all the weapons NOW, they want all the cert upgrades NOW, they want everything NOW NOW NOW.

Go play TF2 if that's the case, where you can get any weapon in the game in a heartbeat, but I bet you'll be seeing these same people in a week going "SOLDIER TOO STRONG, ROCKETS HIT TOO HARD, MAKE SCOUTS HIT HARDER!"

End result for planetside 2 is suck it up, learn to play better. You are not a unstoppable god killing machine, you are cannon fodder amongst cannon fodder, you want to be a unstoppable killing machine, play Halo or Gears of War

Like Cleveland says "You don't win, you just do a little better each time"
    • Up x 4
  17. JDS999

there should be a froum that would educate people on how to play the game, like art of war forum. i still think that 90% of the nc on my server dont know what a flank is or how or why one would be implemented
    the quicker they run in a stright line towards the enemy the faster the certs will come

this is an amazing game of chess where the masses are playing checkers
  18. Garantine

As gamers we really only care about what will help us, individually, the most. Most "fix this broken blah blah" threads are motivated by the urge to improve the individual's experience, not to improve the game for the masses. However so are threads like this. This isn't something new nor is it unique to this game. There is probably something being complained about by a large number of people, that, if changed in some way, would threaten the OP's experience on the game.

Never have I seen someone say that infantry should flat out NOT BE ABLE to engage vehicles. This one is new to me, despite being your apparent favorite.
    While seeming *somewhat* impartial at first glance, these particular gems lead me to the conclusion that the OP simply doesn't like vehicles or the people that use them, while relying on them (by his own admission) for his fast flow of certs by simply following the tank zerg and mindlessly spamming the repair tool (one of the fastest and easiest ways to gain certs in the game, if that is your sole motivation to play).

I don't find threads like this to be of any greater help to a game's evolution than the people that simply complain about things without backing their complaints up with math and facts. Overall, the entire post just comes across as insulting to anyone that has a complaint about the game, same with his followup post.
  19. MisterBond

I use vehicles

Lots

And lots

And lots of vehicles.

They're fun to use, why not?

I don't sit still when I'm in a tank, I've only had a suiciding LA/Engineer come at me -ONCE- to learn I shouldn't stay still, and I should be constantly looking around me when attacking with a tank, if not, expect C4 and mines. I don't stand blindly in a open field firing at people, I duck behind rocks/trees/buildings to keep alive. I cert into Nanite repair for quick fixes. Cause I am certed into nanite repair, if somebody with C4 or mines get me, they deserve it, I could have certed into explosive resistance or mineguard.

When I park a sunderer, I -EXPECT- C4 and mines, its the quickest way to take it out! This is why I stay and defend my sunderer, I have infared on my bulldog, I have mineguard, I can't just haphazardly leave it be and take off and expect it to live, I have to stay to defend it, I have to cert to protect it. If two engineers show up and drop 6 mines, or two LA's show up and take out my sunderer with C4, they deserve it for working together. I'll go spawn another one in 15 minutes and learn to park it in a better spot.

Also, you say you've not seen vehicle drivers complain about infantry shooting at them, that's fine, maybe you haven't seen it. I however, have seen it daily, everywhere I go. I see people complain about anything that prevents them from mindless ROFLspam. ESF pilots can't mindlessly hover anymore and ROFLpod people anymore, a great deal of them quit rather then learning to play defensively. The ESF pilots that stayed are doing just as well as they did before, cause now they operate them as quick strike aircraft, and not miniature flying tanks.

It all keeps coming right back to this, learn to play. Learn to play. Learn to play.
  20. Garantine

Uhm, no, I didn't say that, at all.

I said I've never seen someone say that infantry should not be able to fight vehicles AT ALL, which is exactly what you posted. I see people complain about weapon X being imbalanced against vehicles, or the heavy assault class being overused, but that is a far cry from stating that infantry shouldn't be able to fight back against vehicles.