Desync... In Reverse

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by KrunkSmash, Mar 6, 2013.

1. KrunkSmash

okay, I know that a few people are going to read this post and think "oh he just has the same problem as all the other people that are desyncing." I want to clarify upfront. This is not desyncing in the same direction as everyone else where other people seem laggy or jittery on my screen. Let me explain the issue.

When I start the game, everything is fine. Gradually until about 20 minutes into the game, everyone moves around and reacts on my screen completely normally. During this time, my character seems fluid at the beginning but the longer I play, approaching 15 minutes, my character on other peoples computers seems more and more lagged/jumpy/teleporting all over the place. At 20 minutes, people take about 1-2 seconds to notice that I am in the same room as them. At 1 hour, people take a full 5-10 seconds to realize that I am standing right in front of them. The entire time, every thing looks completely normal on my screen and the only clue to an issue is progressively delayed reaction times of everyone else. This also comes with the "warning you are in a restricted area" when I am nowhere near one. Also, I can kill people just as quickly and normally on my screen as anyone else would. Lastly, only restarting the game or warping to a new continant fixes the issue and even then, it just restarts the clock. I have tried option 1, 3 and 4 of http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/desync-issues-and-work-arounds.95695/ to no avail and option 2 is not applicable.

Here's my dxdiag. Any suggestions or questions would be appreciated. lastly, this bug is not a one time or sometime issue, it happens every time I play and if anything, seems to be getting worse the more often I play the game. May just be me noticing it, dunno.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3gbe1kv696j1kc/DxDiag.txt
  2. Miggs

That sounds just like the de-synch a great many others are seeing. At least what you describe seems to be the way things happen here for me.

From my perspective I am running smooth and simply being REALLY good at CQB (when I know I am not) if I fail to spot the signs that de-synch has occured.

I think a great many players are seeing this but not realising the fact.

That's why there are so many "He's a hacker" threads around, when the actual number of real hackers is way smaller than people seem to think.

After the hotfixes and the latest update/server merges I am seeing it happen a lot less on my system, but I am still aware that the underlying problem remains. I'm not seeing nearly so many other players warping about or air vehicles bouncing allover the sky, but on occasion I will still see something like this, just it doesn't happen to everything in my view any longer. Now that might be simply that I can now usually recognise when de-synch has occured and re-log, but if I stayed in-game for a longer time I might get the "things flying allover the place" again just like the original thread describes.

The updates/hotfixes have made spotting the de-synch a little harder for me. I no longer get in-game voice and game sound stutters in nearly the same frequency as before, and the minimap icon jitter for allied units not in my sight range has greatly reduced, but I can still see it when it arrives.....just.

Since that is the first sign I have now that things will begin to get worse if I don't re-log It's harder for me to see when de-synch has occured.

What does concern me is that I might be playing against opponents who don't even know they are experiencing this issue.

I'm not very good at close quarter fighting, but when this issue arrives it can allow me to get a K/D of 12 (rather than my normal K/D of 0.7), so what does it do to the K/D of a guy who is actually quite good at close quarter battling before the artefact arises?
  3. KrunkSmash

I am a bit confused about your post, you state that you experience the same symptoms and that you get a high kd ratio when this happens, but then you also state that everyone else on your screen is jumping around and seem laggy. Am i correct in assuming that you desync issues seem to alternate between your character being lagged behind what you are doing and everyone else being lagged behind what they are doing?
  4. KrunkSmash

well, i was finally able to solve the prolem. all i had to do was buy a new videocard, cpu, motherboard and ram and that took care of the desync.
  5. PureSalad

You don't read gud do u?
  6. Lessonteacher

I actually experienced this issue from the flip side. I was flying my Mozzie around and doing lots of crazy moves then... Boom! dumbfire rocket killed me.

I thought hmm wow that was pretty extreme only pure luck could achieve such an amazing shot... so an hr or so goes by of doing random stuff eventually i grab a mozzie and im flying around near the same area, BOOm!, dumbfire rocket... by the same guy and and again im reasonably high moving evasively... At this point i know the guy is not normal its just not possible never happened in 80 levels and all testing so i report him immediately...

An hour or so later im flying again this time a totally different area of the map finishing off an enemy pilot who was running away badly... then BAAM! dumbfire rocket... same guy... so i sent him an immediate hate message.

Turns out the guy tells me that im afk hovering at the airpad... meanwhile my squadmates see me flying great and clearly no other terrorists have 1 shotted me with their default rocket launcher. It goes on to occur again while i am communicating with the guy and again i was flying in the air and suddenly he sees me paused in mid air and after a few pot shots finally hits my aircraft.

Just another of the many issues with whatever the hell they did to ruin the game from GU02 which still plague the players. Many people are quitting and still there is no response to all these ridiculous issues. We badly need a fix, I like the stuff GU02 added but its broken deep down somewhere and should have been rolled back if we are expected to live with this stuff.
  7. Miggs

Once I see players warping about, tanks in the air, AA rockets rubber banding and apparantly not hitting targets, or get the feeling that everyone else is cheating or hacking, then that's the very end phase of the problem, I should have re-logged WAY before I see those things happening.

What I see with the de-synch progresses as follows :-

Before it arrives I play normally. I get killed/can kill others as normal. others see me moving correctly.

On arrival of de-synch the allied units icons in minimap (ones that are not in my view) begin to jitter about. I am still running smoothly from my POV, I can still get kills and be killed, though it seems like my opponents take longer to zero in on my location. Others see me moving correctly most of the time, occasionally I will rubber band between two close locations or my avatar will be moving normally but a few feet above/below the actual terrain level at that point.

After a while I begin to see occasional warping players and stuttering vehicles in my view. I can still kill others, but provided I keep moving my opponents do not appear to see me at all. I become apparantly invulnerable, as the enemy cannot see me they cannot shoot at me, though explosives and blast radius weapons still kill me.

After a longer time all other players appear to warp about though I can still get kills if I am lucky with my shots/explosives/mines as there are no stable targets to hit (only turrets) because everyone else is apparantly warping about at all times. If I remain still for a little while I appear on opponents screens and can be killed, but if I continue to move I am effectively invulnerable unless I walk over an anti-personel mine. Sometimes I have needed to remain still within the centre of an opposition zerg for almost a minute before they see me and kill me.

At this point of everything warping about (but not me, on my screen it's everyone else warping, my FPS is stable and so apparantly are my movements, others might see me warping allover the place, but unless they tell me I will not know I am) one of two things happen.

My game freezes for up to 30 seconds and recovers, I get the flashing world textures either immediately before the freeze or just after the freeze, but from this point onward my bullets do no damage, FPS seems back to normal and most other players on screen seem stable. I can still be killed, but I cannot damage others. Survive long enough without a game crash and I sometimes appear to be several minutes behind (or in advance of everyone else in the server, either way I can't really tell if I am speeding ahead or lagging behind server events, the game is unplayable at this point). I see things they cannot when we are in the same location, and I cannot see the things they can see. Ghost vehicle icons on the minimap are very apparant at this point in events.

OR

My game freezes and does not recover and I need to close the application via the task manager.

As you can see, the effect of de-synch changes over time. It's very apparant to me when playing that this is the case, and the further I get de-synched the more obvious the differences in game behaviour become. It's not simply that you lag behind everyone else for half a second, the effect increases over time once it has arrived, hence the different apparant effects on gameplay ranging from normal>god-mode>neuter-mode>crash.

This one artefact can look like several different bugs, but it's all the same effect.

Without EPU-6 Turbo mode (turning that off here made things much better) the event above can happen over a period of several hours in a play session. The "normal" play time is around two and a half hours now, though I have see de-synch appear within 30 minutes even without Turbo mode but I have also played a session lasting almost 4 hours and exited the game with no sign that it has arrived too.

If I turn EPU-6 Turbo mode ON again I get the events described above happening very much more quickly. Normal play for around 5-10 minutes and neuter mode starting (or game freeze event) at around 30 minutes.

Does that make your confusion less?