The Infiltrator Challenge

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Mustarde

The Infiltrator Challenge

Obtain the auraxium medal for every primary weapon available to the infiltrator in your faction. This does not technically include the SMG's which can be used by all classes.

Nukabazooka and I made a friendly agreement to see who could achieve this first and while it was close, I just barely squeeked in ahead of him (by 2 hours or so!).

It was a long and challenging process, but also a very rewarding one. It forced me to adapt playstyles for each weapon and become a better player overall. It also gave me a great deal of experience with each weapon, and I now have a better grasp on the tools available to our class and which situations they are useful in.

Throughout this undertaking I began to document my observations and have compiled them into a singular guide on all our weapons, focused on the TR weapons (will post soon). Hopefully this will give the community a thorough overview of our arsenal and how the weapons stack up against each other.

By far, the most difficult weapon to get medal on was the SOAS-20. In-spite of attempts by others to paint the ASR as a viable weapon, I found it so frustrating and inferior to other weapons (SMG in CQC and ANYTHING ELSE at medium/long ranges, i.e HSR-1, KSR-35, or TSAR-42). I elaborate more in my guide, but suffice it to say, it was the longest and most "grinding" part of the challenge.

Thank you to Nukabazooka of the Connery server for your friendly competition and moral support.. I would have given up several times if it were not for me looking at your stat page and seeing you race through weapon after weapon hot on my heels :)

Post a pic if you complete the challenge and get your name added to the wall!

Mustarde - TR Mattherson
    Nukabazooka - VS Connery

[IMG]
    • Up x 9
  2. NUKABAZOOKA

[IMG]

:]

It was very tough indeed.
    And for some clarification to those wondering about the second SMG, we made the agreement prior to its release.
    I'll probably finish it up, but take it quite slowly without all the stress.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ztiller

This might be hard, seeing as how i barely even own 10% of all those weapons.
    • Up x 4
  4. Vaphell

you guys play way too much o_O
    • Up x 21
  5. x13urst

Nuka does that say 184d boost time? :eek:
  6. PieBringer

Maybe edit this to be called "The Sniper Challenge"?
  7. Mustarde

We are the infiltrator class, and not all the weapons used are "sniper rifles". Besides, the TSAR-42 and KSR-35 both have short range scopes and are used very differently than the other longer range rifles are.
  8. PieBringer

Which is why I said "Maybe" with a question mark at the end. However, my point is you stated in your first post that SMGs would not be included in the challenge, which only leaves the semi-auto, bolt actions sniper rifles, and the Scout rifles. I was more or less pointing out it seems to me more of a sniper challenge than one of Infiltration.
  9. NUKABAZOOKA

What could you do to measure infiltration in this game? Number of terminals or turrets hacked? None of those are tracked.
    We both used the "Infiltration" weapons, the CQC ones. A lot of my kills with ALL weapons happened under 75m I'd say. It was rare that I ever sat on a hill 300m away trying to pick people off. I stopped using Proximity Mines halfway through because of how easy it is to bait people into stepping onto them.

It actually says 164 :p. I purchased the Alpha Squad package that was offered prior to release.
  10. PieBringer

Then that renders my point unnecessary, yes? I'll be going, then. More tower-climbers need shooting, because the average defenders sure as hell won't be looking higher than where they're standing.
  11. datdudejrod

Thats an awesome job done by both of you!! I will accept the challenge also and try to be the 3rd person to finish it. I only have one rifle completed in the Infiltrator class but will try to max them all now =) I will also stream during my whole long road ahead of me if anyone wants to watch all my fails =). Again congratz to both of you!!!
  12. raptor05

i also accept the challenge... i will even include the claymores :) already got sr-7
  13. DuckSauce

Congrats to both of you! Color me impressed.
  14. NUKABAZOOKA

Thanks all!
    I already have proximity mines as well :)
  15. Kibatos

awesome tutorial, helped me a lot :D
  16. Manetheren

But it's not a tutorial o_O
  17. datdudejrod

Now that Ive been trying this challenge myself recently and im determined to finish it, I have to say that it is extremely more difficult than I originally thought it would be. Even more impressed with Nuka and Mustarde you guys did amazing. Also since im still newer to the challenge is there anyone else that wants to do the challenge and race me to finishing it, so I can get a little more motivation =)
  18. swenma

Ummmmmm.... Holy Crap. How many play hours do you guys have?

Maybe if I didn't work and never played any other games or never left my house....
    • Up x 1
  19. Mustarde

haha I probably play too much. I just really enjoy the game, obviously focusing on infiltrator.

When I started the challenge I had already gotten around 7000 kills in the SR-7, so I could have easily spread the kills around and done it sooner.

The most important thing about this thread is that trying to learn all the weapons (for those of us who are invested in the class beyond having a token bolt action to kill other snipers) really forces you to learn different playstyles, tactics and trigger discipline. I feel like a different person when I use the semi-autos. The SMG makes you feel like a different class altogether. The challenge makes you a well rounded infiltrator.

These days, the only weapons I pull out are the SR-7, RAMS.50 (for 12x scope killin), HSR-1, TSAR-42 and SMG. But I am still glad I learned the other weapons.
    • Up x 1
  20. raptor05

i'll race you for the 3rd :)