Prowler shell does not one shot but a shotgun will. Riiiight.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by wave, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wave

Look I do not really care about realism, I am just pointing out that when a shotgun does more damage than a huge tank shell to the face (AS PER UPCOMING PATCH CHANGES) you know things are starting to get weird.

I know how fun it is to go around and one shot people especially when you are good at playing fps but you have to realize that the avatars that you are killing are not computer controlled, they have actual people playing them, people who want to have fun as well. Sacrificing the enjoyment of 3 players to increase the enjoyment of 1 player is not cool in my books.

THE NEW SHOTGUN NEEDS A NERF. At minimum it should be changed to how the Prowler works where it fires off two rounds in quick succession to make a full kill.

2. KraggTheGrim

Strange stuff like this was common in PS1. A standard infantry trooper could take 2 or 3 rocket launcher shots to the face, but that same number of rockets was good enough to kill a vehicle. Seems like balance gone wrong.
  3. Oreo202

Pump actions are fine. Have you used one?
    Miss your first shot and you're going to have some serious issues.

The prowler is being nerfed because its HEAT rounds are as effective as the other factions' HE, and its HE is two times as effective as the other factions' HE rounds.
  4. Vertabrae

A Prowler shell does OHK if you hit someone with it. It's a single round. You can directly kill two players before reloading, provided you can aim.
  5. SenEvason

I thought it was only the splash damage that was getting changed. Direct hit should still OHK them.
  6. Dovahkiin

1) This is a GAME, not real life. Know the difference.
    2) FAIL! The prowler gun does one-shot if you manage to hit them.
    3) The new shotgun is balanced, especially considering it has a really short range.
    4) Your whole post is full of FAIL! Nothing you say is right.
    5) A burster round (50 cal. or more) does no damage to tanks and hardly any to infantry. In real life, 1 burster round would tear through infantry. But you don't seem to pick up on that. You only pick up on things that you want nerfed. Pathetic...
  7. 7Elite7

This game is not meant to be realistic, it's meant to be balanced. The fact that you're picking this single irregularity out doesn't change the fact that, for example:

-Players can store an infinite quantity of ammo, rockets, batteries, and underbarrel grenades in a package the size of a small book.

-Plasma somehow fires slower than bullets

-Vanu guns conveniently have batteries that last for lengths just about equal to a clip

-Vanu pump shotguns load shells. Individual shells. Contemplate this for a moment.

I'm a bit too lazy to come up with more examples, but this should show a general trend. You can't expect this game to be realistic and be balanced at the moment, they'd have to start from scratch. The prowler got nerfed because it was obscenely overpowered and needed fixing.
    • Up x 1
  8. Molotov

To the people who are saying OP's post is fail because the Prowler does kill infantry in one hit, check the upcoming game update notes from Higby. The prowler is OHK for now, but will be changed this week so that it requires two direct hits.
  9. Badname0192

To my understanding they are nerfing -all- tank shells which is a shame as none of them needed a nerf.

I've learned to deal with and counter tanks and am even more proficient when with members of my unit. We mention there's a tank, spot it, then get to work on killing it and the supporting infantry.

Meanwhile here on the forums, people come from game play, put their keys back into their places on their keyboards and clean up their Mt Dew rage spillage using tears and a dirty shirt, then posted on how things needed nerfs.
  10. Vertabrae

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-04-coming-soon.99770/
    Check the 8th and 9th post down Xind asks...

Prowler Question: Does this mean a direct hit with a tank shell, not splash hits, will no longer kill infantry in one hit? Or is this purely a splash damage change?

Higby replies.
    Splash damage only.

Thus a direct hit will still OHK someone. You have two barrels. So two direct hits = two kills.
    • Up x 1
  11. PaperPlanes

It's not just tanks. They're nerfing the explosive radius for every vehicle based weapon in the game. Everything from the Dalton to the M40 Fury on a lowly Flash is getting splash radius nerfed.
  12. Molotov

Look at page 2 of the link you just sent me. A reply from Higby confirming what I originally posted.
  13. PaperPlanes

This is from the GU4 thread:

Notable balance changes
    • Explosive radius from ALL vehicle based damage sources have been reduced, this does not affect vehicle vs vehicle direct hit damage, only splash damage vs infantry.
    • Prowler HEAT / HE rounds have had their damage reduced to no longer 1-shot kill infantry, killing a full health infantry will require both Prowler rounds to be fired. This does not affect vs. vehicle damage.
    Prowler HEAT and HE rounds will not be able to one shot any infantry with a direct hit anymore. IN ADDITION TO THIS, all vehicles are getting splash radius on explosive weaponry reduced.

What Higby is talking about was someone asking about the change to all vehicle explosives, he replied by saying that change will NOT affect direct hit damage. Yet, there is an additional, special change to the Prowler that is nerfing direct hit damage on HEAT and HE rounds. This is largely meaningless because the vast majority of Prowler drivers don't direct hit anything, they double splash people to kill infantry and the damage from a double splash is still going to put any infantry to sleep, it will just be in a smaller radius now.
  14. Netham

Higby said: Yes, it means that Prowlers will have to reload between each infantry kill, just like the other MBTs, instead of after every 2nd infantry kill.

Meaning: Since most players arent good enough to hit someone directly, the splash damage kills will be 1 kill/reload. Like every the other MBTs.

Im honestly not sure how to proceed having had to explain this...
  15. DuckSauce

This is total BS. I was missing a bunch of people with the pump action and the splash damage wouldn't even kill them in four or five hits.
  16. DuckSauce

1. HigbyDeveloper

[IMG]
      Xind said:
      “Prowler Question: Does this mean a direct hit with a tank shell, not splash hits, will no longer kill infantry in one hit? Or is this purely a splash damage change?”
      Splash damage only.

• Up x 2
  17. wave

DuckSauce you might suck with the shotgun but what I am pointing out is that there are many excellent FPS players that are TOO GOOD with the new shotgun. This shotgun panders to the high end FPS player at the expense of poorer players. This game should not increase the fun 1 player can have by one shot killing everything at the expense of 3 real life players being one shotted. One shot kills have their place in one player games but not MMOs.
  18. Badname3073

I adore the new pump action shotgun. Especially when all these great players go all tactical and skillful, and I just one-shot their brains out, bringing in some TF2 freshness into their great tactics and skill. Also, pump action shotguns must have cosmetic hat upgrades on them.

The other night I laughed my *** off when I ran into an NC heavy (all big, mean, tough and lego), and he skillfully pulled out his tiny SMG and pewpewpewpewpewpewpew, and I was like, "srsly?" - BANG and he's dead. Like a boss, really :D
  19. DuckSauce

You seem to have missed the joke buried in there. My point is that Prowlers and pump-action shotguns aren't very comparable...
  20. Vertabrae

Nope, doesn't confirm anything. Makes no mention of a direct inpact, unlike what I posted. You can read into it whatever you want. But when asked about a direct hit, Higby replied this ONLY affects splash damage. He makes no mention of direct damage in your post. All this does is lower splash damage. Which has always been large enough to kill. It still is, however the Prowler with 2 barrels, could kill 2 times as many infantry as any other MBT. Thus now you have to use both barrels to kill a full health infantry. This brings it in line with the other MBTs who, only having one barrel, only get one shot. It was a simple balancing issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.