I don't understand why they're nerfing HE/Prowler.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haba

Feb 22, 11:08:40 PM Walkr Indar Prowler
    P2-120 HEAT
    Feb 22, 11:08:40 PM Iceuhk Indar Prowler
    P2-120 HEAT
    Feb 22, 11:08:36 PM JohnHayes Indar Prowler
    P2-120 HEAT
    Feb 22, 11:07:50 PM ShattenJager Indar Prowler
    P2-120 HEAT
    Feb 22, 11:07:39 PM hoody Indar Prowler
    P2-120 HEAT
    Feb 22, 11:07:34 PM whitescar Indar Prowler
    P2-120 HEAT
    Feb 22, 11:04:31 PM Lethrblaka23 Indar Prowler
    P2-120 HEAT
    Feb 22, 11:03:30 PM Lethrblaka23 Indar Prowler
    P2-120 HEAT
    Feb 22, 10:59:29 PM Brehardius Indar Prowler
    P2-120 HEAT

...ok
  2. Garantine

Really? It's the prowler zergs that are killing the game for you? Not the chain of redundant weapons and worse obsoletion of previous weapons? Not the beta bugs that are still around? Not the new bugs introduced every two weeks? Not the constant shift of fotm due to the developers listening to the biggest cries and taking immediate action? Not the lack of goal/purpose on the game other than farming the crown for certs to be able to farm the crown for more certs tomorrow?

I wish I could look past all of the genuine problems with this game and focus on the last thing that killed me before I rage quit and ran to the forums like you do, life would be simpler.
  3. Enemy Pool

That's where the AV turret shines. I was going to waste sc on camo becuase I didn't want anything, then the next day the AV mana came out. I have caused so much butt-devestation with it. you can fire into the sky then have rockets land almost directly on top of enemies if you're positioned correctly. They have no idea what's happening.

Honestly if anyone has sc or certs to burn, get the AV mana, it's really fun and useful.
    • Up x 1
  4. Badname82

Looks fine to me. It is like zepher in late November...totally balanced the liberator was.

Now the TR sunderer. That thing is OP.
  5. Cryptek

6. ExarRazor

its funny

you all whined, *****ed, and moaned about the magrider being too strong against other tanks, so it got nerfed.

now the prowler, which has been farming infantry since release with complete impunity is getting the exact same treatment the magrider got, and now you suddenly dont understand why its being nerfed?

lulz. epic lulz
  7. Syylara

So he killed 9 people in a 10 minute period with a tank over a week ago and that invalidates his statement that he isn't primarily a tanker?
  8. Rolfski

Moral of this story: Stop having a real life and you can show off your cool Prowler stats too.
  9. siiix

maybe you score better and have a lot higher KDR buzz, but i can assure you i have a lot more fun taking you out then you sitting in that tank farming ;) and i actually dont care that you get a lot of kills, i have more fun and action

and it should be how it is now there are people who like to grind and sitting for hours in the distance farming kills and there are people who dont care for that but love to hunt people like you

this change will reduce fun for both of us, you get less kills, and for me its less rewarding to take people like you out because they made it easier for me

it feel like when you had a "boss" in a game and they update game to make it easier to take out the "boss"... its a garbage chage
  10. Dusty Lens

Poor Chickenruffles. He just wanted to be a C4 hero.
    • Up x 3
  11. Zaik

12. Purg

A tank with 2 shells that does the same splash damage of the other MBT's one shell being altered since we've got players that'll sit outside a populated area, hold down the left mouse button and get ~350 kills an hour is going to make you consider not playing any more? And you don't even use that weapon?

I've read some pretty stupid reasons to stop playing PS2 but that one takes the cake.

LOL. Don't spare a thought for the people who are being farmed which is a lot more than two. Sure, partially their fault but when you can sit a Prowler on a spawn point and kill 4 people in one volley that requires no aim..
  13. Izriul

I am curious what chickenruffles did for you to C4 him, then HE his face
  14. Munq

Not against mass prowlers it aint. I'm not spending a dime to this game before Prowlers are brought back in line.

[IMG]

TOTALLY ******* BALANCED

In case you were wondering, those are just 4 random TR players. 4. Only 4. Multiply it 20 or maybe even 30 times and you get the amount of Prowlers I just was going ahead 15 minutes ago.

Tried to go in with scythe, fast pass, killed by Vulcan. Not flak, not lock on missile, not infantry weapons, not prowler main gun. A vulcan. That **** has got to be best AA weapon in the game.
  15. Purg

I can't in my Vanguard or HE Lightning tank. I have to hit pretty much dead on to score a kill - to rely on a splash kill I have about a 3 second or so reload which gives infantry ample time to get out of that area.
  16. Badname2490

The more you know.
  17. Duff_Chimp

Just a quick question, what update did they increase the splash radius/damage for prowler, heat or otherwise?

Thats right none, this has been like this since beta, why all of a sudden is it such and issue for people?

I smell Vanu tears all over this nerf calling.
  18. Garantine

Those are fourth faction tears you smell, all of the vanu jumped ship to NC.
  19. Syylara

Previously it was deemed 'acceptable' because Prowlers had very poor tank vs. tank performance as part of the overall 'asymmetrical balance.' Since Prowlers now have the edge in tank vs. tank, their enormously superior potential against infantry has to be sacrificed.

So really, you can blame it on the "OMG VS OP" tears.
  20. Purg

Wasn't there a buff to projectile speed? If I see the Prowler farm roll into my nearest spawn room, I know what's coming and spawn somewhere else. Probably only killed by a Prowler HE a handful of times.

Prowler HE does appear to be a lot more prominent in the last couple of weeks than it was prior to that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.