500 certs for MedTool_6?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Cynosure, Feb 27, 2013.

1. GeneralSpecific

I was skeptical as anyone before jumping on the lv6 medtool bandwagon.
    But full health revives from (comparably) huge ranges are amazing.

Even from a selfish standpoint it's great.
    -You don't have to sit around waiting for people to accept revives, since they revive at full, you can revive them and go do something else instead of having to babysit their corpse and heal them when they stop napping.
    -It revives pretty much instantly, combined with the extra range and full heals it means you can revive a couple people and be on your merry way, all while helping the team and getting free revive xp.
  2. Qel

Just to echo what others have said, as someone who plays medic a lot this is the best 500 certs I've spent in this game so if you play medic a fair amount I'd highly recommend it.
  3. Cynosure

Awesome, awesome! =)

200 certs to go!! I plan on having a nice long session Saturday. Hopefully I can make it.
  4. Arcanotechnician

It is the best thing since sliced cookies.

Seriously, best cert in the game.
  5. Cynosure

:eek:

5 certs to go!! I was rushing to get those last 10, but it just wasn't happening. My FPS was dropping like it had butter fingers and the game became unplayable (it's sad because this is what a lot of my deaths come from). I had to shut it off for the evening. I'm thinking by time I log on tomorrow evening, those 5 certs will have generated themselves. =)
  6. Cynosure

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  7. Ticee

Congratulations you have passed your trial of faith and dedication, welcome on-board the medic wagon, brother!
    • Up x 1
  8. Slive Draver

Next stop: Revive Grenades!!
  9. Cynosure

Hmmm.. I'm not sure what I'm going for next. I think I'm going to throw 250 into my next Nano Armour upgrade (no way I'm purchasing the 1,000 cert level, though) and then try to get a C4! I've seen people taking out Sundies full of people with these bad boys; I also saw some engineers trolling MAX units. It may not be the most beneficial or helpful cert, but it looks fun as hell.
  10. Cardozo

I've heard terrible things about Nanoweave (something like maxing it only lets you take 1 more bullet), so I avoided it. I just dropped 1k certs into the last level of Flak and it's great. 50% damage reduction (applies to shields and health) from all explosions.

C4 isn't the best, but I absolutely love it. It has it's own slot so you don't sacrifice anything but certs. 2 C4 will set a sundy on fire. 2 C4 will take care of tanks. 1 will take care of a MAX, unless he's running maxed flak. I actively look for opportunities to use mine, and the satisfaction of wrecking armor as a medic is great.
  11. MrLee.NO

Get second last level of flak, then C4, then last flak. Assuming you do not have other things to spend certs on than medic ;)

Don't have res grenade and never seen a use for it yet especially since getting heal tool 6. And it bounces out of place for everyone I know so :)

For max versatility, you could cert into Equinox and get the underbarrel grenade launcher.
  12. Cynosure

I heard the same about Nanoweave, but, unfortunately, not until I had already invested a hefty amount of points into it. I don't normally research these types of things before I play a character.. I find it more fun to play them and progress with my own style. It's only when huge investments are in question do I seek help. I'm hoping that SOE will allow us a free re-cert at some point so I can switch to Flak Armour.

Say I unlock C4. Will this be available over all my characters or only for the Medic class? I usually only play the Medic, but when a base is being overrun with sundies/vehicles I sometimes switch to HA to shoot some crap down while prairie-dogging through the shields. It would be epic to be able to C4 the bastard sundies, finish with a rocket, and run to resupply as a Medic. I'm going to cert in C4 either way, I'm just curious as to how it works.

I also see no use for the res/heal grenades. If I'm ever in a situation where more revives/heals that I can handle are needed, there are always a surplus of medics in the vicinity helping me out.
  13. Purple Pooka

Unfortunately it will only unlock for that specific class. Only the universal unlock healing items for the Utility slot are character wide. Otherwise each other non-weapon unlock applies only to that character. So you'd have to pay 700 certs for C4 on Medic, then 700 on Engineer, and another 700 on Light Assault. (Etc etc.)

EDIT

Having said that, your C4 supply of x40 items would be shared on your entire character. So if you used x2 blocks as an Engineer, then switched to Medic for another x2 blocks, you'd use a net of x4 blocks from your communal pool. I kind of wish that each class had its own personal pool for charged items, which would let me stock pile items when I'm getting lots of +Infantry Resource points, but the game doesn't work like that.
  14. commandoFi

I don't always play medic, but when I do, I'm really glad I have the lvl 6 med-gun.
  15. irishroy

this.
    it. is. worth. every. cert.