Looking like other factions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rift23, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Rift23

Hi, I'm new to the game and I'm not sure if this is a graphics glitch or a trick, but I've been noticing that a lot of player seem to be skinned like different factions. I play VS and a lot of my team looks like NC and likewise the other day I killed a NC infiltrator who looked Vanu---along with considerably more NC who turned out to be friendlies.

Then, later that same day after flanking behind a Sunderer I had a TR infiltrator come after me only to die in a hail of gunfire from his teammates behind him. Nobody else came after me, letting me go back and snipe a few guys, as if they thought they had already killed me (I dove behind cover when the shooting started).

Tl;Dr can you make your guy look like another faction or is it a glitch?
  2. Morpholine

The shapes will always be different, but certain camouflages can give one faction a lot of similarity to another (this is most seen between VS and NC).

Of course, one can often mingle with the enemy quite effectively, even when totally un-camouflaged, so long as one is not actively (or, obviously) trying to murder them all. People can be quite oblivious.
  3. KraggTheGrim

This might have been an instance of Camo causing confusion. Without some kind of pictures its hard to guess at what you saw. The armor plates on peoples characters are unique to a faction, but the color of their armor, and their weapons can change if the player had bought the skin.

To my knowledge their are not purple, or red skins (other than alpha pack skins), but there are plenty of blue skins that you can acquire. I hope this helps. If this is not the case, i am unaware of any glitch that will make some person look like another faction.