Interested in a Fighter Squadron?

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by Hader, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Hader

I'd like to get an idea how many TR players would be interested in joining a fighter squadron. Currently I know of know active outfits on TR now that are a strict fighter squadron. And while flying solo is fun and great for improving my dogfighting, I would like to fly with other players who are dedicated fighter pilots as well.

If there are any active TR squadrons on Waterson right now, or that will be once the Jaeger merge is complete, I'd definitely like to know about them. But as of now, I know of none, so I am putting the question out there to anyone who may be interested. What I have in mind is a casual squadron, we fly together when online together and improve our flying. We would likely have weekly (TBA) operations nights with some specific goals as a squadron, where we fly much more seriously (some formation flying, strict wingman protocols, etc.), and I've even thought on organizing some nice friendly dogfighting competitions with some VS and NC players/outfits that I know may be interested.

So there you have it. Please let me know if you're interested or have any relevant info on other potential squadrons.

Edit: I should mention, we can totally do liberator stuff too. If the liberator is your preference, I won't stop ya from using it, I know there are some really good lib pilots/teams out there.
  2. zib1911

Imperial Reach is a combined arms outfit, we do run dedicated air guys if that is what you are looking for. We run 12-15 air guys during our OPs nights, they have their own strats and work with AA troops on the ground to provide air cover/support for our outfit.

You can hop on Ts and talk to us any time you like if you have any questions, TS.imperialreach.com:7057
  3. Hader

I am more interested in a strict fighter squadron only. I am not much for a larger outfit with combined ops. Thanks though.
  4. Zamanoy

So when your mossie gets blown up and you need to wait 10 minutes, your outfit just chills at the warpgate?
  5. Jaxom

Pft, what self respecting ESF outfit a) hasn't made the respawn timer their ***** and b) gets shot down before their respawn timer is up? Hader fears no respawn timers and neither will his outfit. I'm rooting for you Hader!
  6. Hader

Pretty much yeah. But...

1) My personal respawn timer is down significantly already. 7 minutes I think. I rarely have a mossy life that lasts less than that. Usually when I do, I was rammed by a friendly pilot.

On that note too, I think it's best to have a good balance on the respawn timer in relation to aerospace resources available. In the event that you do get shot down extremely quickly after spawning a fighter and say you also have a maxed out acquisition timer, you can spawn only 3-4 ESFs before you use all the aerospace resources available to you. Then you have to wait around a long time anyways to get those resources back. If your faction isn't making many resources either, then that only makes the wait longer. So sometimes, even a small wait is a good thing. Keeps you from using all your resources faster than you can gain them back.

2) Anyone with my mentality would totally wait at warpgate for another fighter, even if it was for the full timer. I don't care much for any of the infantry or tank combat aspect of this game, just the flying, so I don't care to get into the big fights for 10 minutes while I wait on a timer.
  7. Hader

Mine's only 60% certed and it's more than enough :p

Hopefully some TR out there have interest. I'm losing hope of ever flying with a wingman again D:
  8. Hader

Don't want to spam my own thread too much, but I'll bump this a few times now that the merge is complete. If anyone's interested do let me know.
  9. RedOak

Dig up Hambones thread for the 17th. Havent heard from him lately though.
  10. Hader

I was part of the 17th. They will no longer be active unfortunately, which is why I am seeing if people still interested want to make another squadron.
  11. zib1911

Well my offer still stands. IR runs a squad of dedicated air guys, you should hop on our TS tonight and roll with us tonight. We do an scheduled OP on Fri so you can fly with our air guys and see if you like it.
  12. Hader

Tonight I will be busy. And I appreciate the offer but I'm still meh on the whole idea. I ran with ODAM once or twice and I didn't like it much, not because of ODAM but large ops with large groups in the air like that don't suit my style well.
  13. PureSalad

I
    I might be when im on my TR, but it wouldnt be often.
  14. TerminalT6

I would totally join a fighter squad.
  15. Hader

One more bump for now. Any other takers?

I considered maybe making a pub squad from time to time for air ops, but I am not sure if that will actually work well at all.
  16. Hader

Last try at this. Have to say it's a grim outlook, but ah well. Even so I am fine flying solo as is anyways.
  17. Baconite

ARGO has some proficient pilots. I'm out of town but this weekend(probably Sunday) I will send you a friend invite in game and maybe we can talk about it and fly around for a while.

It's a no pressure offer; we've always been cool with non-outfit members joining us in TS. As far as I'm concerned you can come and go as you please (because we're USUALLY flying, but not always).

Just a warning: I'm currently a terrible pilot because I only get around 4 hours of playtime a week. I'm one of those people that has to play constantly to be good. When I come back from a business trip it's like I forgot everything I learned for a few days. :D

Edit: didn't see you mention this above before I posted. The offer still stands, but we aren't a strict fighter squadron like you wanted. Our pilots still need to take care of business around the platoon objectives and don't run off on their own.
  18. Hader

I could probably merc if that's fine I guess, I just don't want a commitment to a large outfit long term, since I can't do that right now, nor do I want too much part in strict large platoon tactics. A little bit I can try though.

Edit: Think I won't do the squadron anyways though, since I just don't see the interest, as most pilots seem to have their own outfits they role with already. Will probably just stick to a small outfit of my friends for now. But I might merc from time to time with other outfits.