Hits not registering but all my friends see me firing and hitting them...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Eclesian, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Eclesian

So I play the game for like 15-30 mins and then all of a sudden I cannot do damage, with anything, to anyone. I did have the "desync" issue but I seemed to have fixed that. I haven't had any kind of warping nor minimap issues in a while now. I have seen other threads were people come to the conclusion that this is still a desync error, but if that is the case why do my outfit buddies see me shooting them and throwing nades and it does nothing? They say the even suffer the screen shake effect as well. Even the grenades I throw sit there and do nothing! Then my outfit accuses me of buying wal-mart nades. It is just so awful. Gonna get a video of this here in a bit.

i5 655k @ 4.0
    EVGA GTX 570 superclocked
    Asus P55p7d3-pro
    8 GB G. Skill DDR3 @ 1600 (not oc'ed)
    and some cats that put hair in my computer.
    • Up x 1
  2. AnotherNoob

I don't think it has anything to do with your hardware, if anything with your internet connection. But I must say that this is the first time i have heard of someone not being able to do damage at all...

Edit: Maybe you should put some more certs in to your connection? :p
  3. SmileyBomb

I actually had an outfit mate suffer the same issue soon after logging in a few nights ago. He managed to go to a terminal and resupply - which miraculously fixed his problem. He was unable to hurt vehicles with rockets, enemies with rifles, or friendlies with anything. He WAS able to be injured and his position was exactly where he was supposed to be (offering that position lag was not a culprit).

Anyhow, try resupplying next time this occurs and see if that is a fix. It has not happened to myself or anyone else I talk to since, so I cannot repeat the attempt.
  4. Eclesian

While I do not have whatever monstrosity you have my internet is pretty good.

[IMG]

I will! Thanks for the heads up! Funny thing I ***** about it and it hasnt happened in a few hours haha.
  5. Deathcapt

I've had this same thing happen to me a lot, Don't know what triggers it, but I can repair fine, I can rez, and enter and exit vehicles, but I can't deal damage to anything. Wierdest thing, while it was happening, my reaver bullets were working, but the rockets werent.
  6. Deathcapt

Just happened again. Seems to happen when there aren't many enemies around.
  7. Eclesian

It happens to me in the middle of huge firefights.....usually when I am doing well for once haha.
  8. Deathcapt

Just happened again, I think it has something to do with the engineer AV turret, seems to happen just after I use it, or when it gets destroyed... There's something seriously wrong with the AV turret in general as I 'll often have it get glitched where I can no-longer equip it.
  9. Deathcapt

it's happened like 10 times tonight, relogging in fixes it, but it's super annoying, especially when you have a vehicles.
  10. Deathcapt

Happens non-stop, over and over again, in the time it took me to spawn a reaver, fly to the crown, kill a lib, next target, bullets do nothing. rockets do nothing, die, respawn, can't hurt anything, sometimes outfit mates see me shooting, other times they don't. Verified all game files, reset router, not sure what else, 53ms ping to server.
  11. SmileyBomb

You really need a help ticket if it is happening that often. http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask/

They will likely ask for a diag and other such basic reports to check for conflicts and errors.

I've not seen the bug occur since the one time I mentioned previously. Our scenario had nothing to do with being an engineer using an AV turret, as my outfit-mate was a Heavy. Perhaps your situation is different entirely?
  12. Gearlock

Ive had this issue since GU2. There was some workarounds about that helped the game become playable, however, with the introduction of GU3, the bug that is described by the OP has returned and is completely preventing play for myself, and apparently others as well.

I logged in just now to check out some prime time action. Crown was lightly populated (literally almost knocked on the front door unmolested), combat kicked up, no more than 1 dozen enemies at the area i was at.

Unable to deal damage upon first attempt to fire upon an enemy. Neutermode.

Unplayable.

This thread described one of the major bugs many experienced when GU2 hit, and though mine and the OPs issue is slightly different, the workarounds discovered did greatly alter the issue to allow it to be playable, with relogs every 25-40 mins. Oddly, this issue the OP and I have BECAME the one in the thread shown when using the workarounds, but that permitted the issue to become mitigatable through those workarounds as well.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-flying-everywhere.87669/page-40#post-1289286

Essentially it was generally agreed upon that your pc's dynamic clock speed adjustment utilities and settings would cause the game to go out of sync with the server causing crazy graphical flickering and an inability for the game server to properly resolve you and your projectiles positions. Establishing a steady, permanent, static clock speed either completely removed the issue for some, or mitigated it for others like myself, or did nothing for yet other folks.

But as I said, with GU3, no matter what my speed or settings are, the issue described here has returned full force (for me at least), and is unable to be mitigated. Within moments of entering combat, I am rendered unable to deal damage.

I am of the belief that the sync issue is still very prevalent for some people.
  13. Spineless

Its not the OP its the game. Everyone is getting it. It shows more for some people then others. Hit detection is fubar. Server stability is fubar. The game is barely playable. There is no walk around or fix until SOE drops a patch.
  14. notyourbuddy

Having your gun just randomly stop working and forcing a player re-log only for it to randomly happen again makes this game unplayable. 100x more so if you are trying to pull a vehicle or a MAX.

Guess its time to see what else there is to play.
  15. Shurrikken

BUMP.

This is totally annoying. I had this yesterday for the first time, I feel with people who suffer from this since GU2. :mad:
  16. MoeBeddaCheese

This is an ongoing issue from about 3 patches ago. Several threads on this and I have had a ticket open trying to revolve it. NOTHING has worked so far. Some say it had to do with overclocking. I reduced my clock speed to stock speeds, then I set my BIOS to defaults, then I tried manually setting my clock speeds to stock speeds again because another user had reported it worked. None of those three options worked. I set my power saver options to performance and still no fix. Uninstalled the whole game, deleted the SOE folders and re-installed. No fix. Tech support has not been helpful except to point to threads of people who have solved this issue. This issue started 3 patches ago. Why can't SOE fix it? Why do I have to solve the problem when it's obviously the game? I have played since beta and not had this issue. We need a fix for this.
  17. HammerSoul

I have bug reported this since GU2 and I thought it had gotten better, however lately every 10 minutes or so it occurs for me. It must not be that rampant or Sony would have to address it. For me, I have moved on, as it makes the game unplayable.

The kinds of bugs that keep recurring or are not fixed as Sony releases patches is really startling. Performance was much better and the game seemed more stable before GU2. Perhaps Sony has bit off more than they can chew or should consider different priorities to their QA and development teams. Stability should be key first, otherwise the polish wears off fast.
  18. Lessonteacher

I had this issue on the weekend 5 times in one session, each time not fixed till i relogged. I tried to capture it on video but guess what the video capture was not working.

This bug has been around since post GU2 according to the forums but this was the first time i experienced it, after which, i basically rage quit. I dunno how you are supposed to play an FPS game when you suddenly cant do damage. I was literally shooting full clips into squad mates where they wouldn't take damage. After finding out that i couldnt kill enemies of course... The obvious indicator is you stop getting the red hit feedback on your reticle where you know you are hitting. Then you can blast anything and no feedback from friendlies / enemies and they don't die.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to any rubbish about connection, this is a blatant in game bug and if you haven't experienced as described then do not bother to reply with random solutions / assumptions. If my in game record had worked id have a video to show. Like i say relogging to desktop and back to the game fixed it as it does with all the other bugs.