This money grab action is outrages

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zealluck, Feb 25, 2013.

1. zealluck

I just noticed that we now got a second smg, which is a much much better one! so where is the balance. It's just some status tweak of the original weapon, why didn't they release it together with the first one!? so now they are basically saying: "your original SMG is crap, come buy this new one!" I only tried TR one so far, for the sacrifice of little RoF, the mag. capacity is doubled. 60 rounds, that's an LMG over there.
    • Up x 3
  2. Compass

It's not like they told us there'd be two...

Oh wait, they did. I guess being patient and seeing what both were allows me to pick one I actually like.
    • Up x 10
  3. DJPenguin

1. buy it with certs
    2. you don't even need to buy it
    3. if it's a clear upgrade, expect it to get balanced/nerf
    4. get an auraxium medal with the first one.
    • Up x 1
  4. Duvenel

Some people prefer the first one over the second one. Go figure.
    • Up x 1
  5. Rusky

Stop bandwagoning (yes it's a verb now!) already. It's NOT "much much better" than the first one. And I personally don't like either so meh (excep for the animations, which the NC one doesn't even have).

Also compared to an LMG it has: 1 tier lower max damage, 2 tiers lower min damage and roughly half the bullet speed.
    Guess where it will be better than an LMG (maybe) ? In CQC yeah, who would've thought.
    • Up x 2
  6. tastyBerryPunch

IMO the first one is better for the infiltrator, which is the class that needed SMGs the most. Other classes have access to better weapons then both of the SMGs.
  7. Thornton14

Not sure OP realizes what an LMG is... Has nothing to do with mag size
  8. zealluck

So you guys didn't think the second SMG is much better? the slight reduction of the fire rate will be made up by a laser(since your shots will be more accurate), but the mag size is +30. I would defiantly trade my old one with the new one if possible.
  9. Compass

Bullets do reduced damage too.
  10. Baleur

Surely you jest. An LMG definetly has alot to do with mag size. That's the entire point of LMG's, to be able to put down consistent fire.
    • Up x 1
  11. Brusilov [TR]

Doh, really? They said there would be two?!

I spend about 5 hours a day on the forums, i'm signed up to all the devs twitter accounts and i even created a fake FB account to stalk the Planetside2 FB page...

I still missed that one :(
  12. Sebyos

Heard this stupid argument too many times. Yes we knew there would be two SMGs, but we were right to expect them to be sidegrades not a basic version and it's upgrade later on.
  13. Compass

Thank goodness I don't play a class where I would find a benefit from an SMG, then, right?
  14. tastyBerryPunch

All different weapon classes are based on the different caliber of the weapons or to put it simply the size of the bullet they fire. Magazine size does not define a class of a weapon. For example the WWII soviet PPSh-41 SMG had more rounds in it's drum magazine then their DP-28 LMG.
  15. zealluck

no, they do the same damage, but the new SMG's recoil is not balanced. Then the new SMG give you totally 300 ammo, for a high firing rate weapon that's very good. Of course, for those who normally kill one people before they die, this is not a very attractive feature. Still, I would say this new TR SMG is pretty much an upgrade version of the original one.
  16. illgot

usually they don't roll out the better one less than 3 weeks after the firsts release.
  17. Thornton14

Wrong an LMG isn't defined by mag size
  18. Ash87

So, are LMGs short range weapons?
  19. LordMondando

20. Lolki

They'll get nerfed, I'm 100% certain.

And when it does we can look forward to even MOAR crying on the forums over the fact that it got nerfed.