Strange Awesome Players I've been encountering lately, how "bad" am I?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dkamanus, Feb 24, 2013.

1. DrStrangeLug

Good lord they even have a facebook page for hacks. (not posting it cause it'll only get deleted). I left a suitable message on it .

Might grab that code and see if it has any weaknesses. A ping of death that disconnects hackers? Can you get banned for exploiting cheaters?
    • Up x 1
  2. Brusilov [TR]

Can you imagine if someone from SOE came on the forums and said that?

Hahahahah
  3. LittleCrash

I have met this guy on woodman and thought to myself this guy "HAS" to be cheating OR is literally one of the best players ever ( I have amazing con to server... sub 30ms (normally around 20ms constant) So no lag but he just insta kills from so far... and doesn't even miss only when its at massive distance... then its due to bullet dispersion..
    But as he was lvl 84 I told myself that no way could someone get away with cheating for so long...

Obvious they can..
  4. Springheel Jack

Name it.
  5. RobotDoc

Dang hehe, last one is my fav. Might as well just stand behind your chair and slap u in the back of the head every 30 seconds.
  6. QuantumMechanic

This thread illustrates the fundamental difference between Planetside and Planetside 2.

Planetside was about a big war between 3 large factions.

Planetside 2 is about how good your KDR is as an individual, regardless of the fact that the war is bigger than it was in Planetside.
  7. Goretzu

With the more subtle cheating that is likely way everyone thinks (myself included), allowing people to get away with it. Even from SoE perspective it would be difficult to really prove (without client monitoring anti-cheat software, anyway).

The biggest give away being the lack of bullets spent after death I suppose.
  8. Scatterblak

Immaterial. The entire /Report paradigm is a colossal failure, and will never be able to address the problem for two reasons - first, it addresses the symptom, not the problem, and second, hackers and their ilk will always outnumber devs. Either SOE implements some server-side measures (something punk-busterish, which actually works significantly better than most people know), or players will have to get used to cheaters. There are no other paths.
  9. SikVvVidiT

Lemme guess this outfit as a N in its name?... If so I know exactly they group you are talking about.

BTW SOE your hack detection is comical, sorta like your bug fixing.
  10. Timujingeo

I'm sure that the devs could simply 'search' through the played database and just highlight all kills that were either headshots or were 5 shots or less to kill.
    Unfortunately if these highlighted people were then banned, a significant proportion of the player base would disappear overnight to graze easier pickings in other games.
    So ulitmately it's down to money as Sony will want to see the player base increase, not the opposite.
  11. Hamakua

Some insight, this is my perspective and not a "counter" to yours. I am not trying to refute your claims and in the back of my mind I suspect some of the same things as you (proliferation of hacks).

Firstly, you have to understand, there are many kinds of hacks and there are enough "smart" hackers who only use things that are insanely hard to prove. For example, no recoil on their weapons or "esp" hacks that let them see all enemies, even through walls, in the area. No aimbots, no speed/teleport hacks, just something that give them an edge that isn't distinguishable from "really good players" 9 times out of 10.

I am currently BR82, most of that from flying a mosquito (over 300 hours), but a large part of it from other vehicles and mainly Light Assault (my favorite infantry class). I have gotten into the habit of sticking with a gun until I Auraxium it, and with each gun in succession, my performance increases. I have also, by the advice of one of our best shots, been steadily lowering my DPI/Sensitivity.

My gun-game has increased multiple factors from when I first started playing to now... to the point where I even scoff at some of the footage in my sig. I strive to improve even after 82 levels of gameplay and I find I have plenty of room to do so. However...

I have no doubt that there has been a systemic proliferation of 3rd party programs. The word is out on hacker forums, and Smedly made a miss-step when he openly coaxed/challenged 3rd party hack developers with one of his early-release tweets.

When the game first released there were 1-2 players per faction who ran hacks, aimbots or movement but were never caught as they were subtle about it. After months some of these players received suspensions. But beyond that blatant hackers were a once a week occurrence, if that. As of the last 3 or so weeks, I run into active and blatant hackers multiple times a day. I am talking about teleporting/no clipping right in front of you. Low level, gibberish for name hackers. What many don't realize is that none of these are the "long game" hackers who simply use a no-recoil and/or "ESP" hacks. The hackers that are never caught rely on their own skill to aim, their own movement to flank, but they have that edge that takes their ability from being above average up into the top 10th percentile, or average into the above average.

It angers and frustrates me because I know the ESP hackers will never be caught if SOE can barely bring themselves to suspend, let alone ban, blatant hackers that you can witness as a 3rd person. It's bad enough where proven hackers are getting a pass and really legitimate players are being caught up in SOE's "algorithm net" just because they were on a hot streak or are consistently skillful.

The following is one such player who luckily recorded himself playing and was able to use it as evidence to get his account un-suspended

It's ironic because even hackers cannot wish to be this good even with some of the more subtle hacks running as using the hacks themselves hobbles their ability to improve.

Now, imagine if you took a really good player and he decided to use the "undetectable and subtle" hacks. -I mean, why wouldn't he chance it, if he gets caught he gets at least 1 strike. -(this is what angers me the most about SOE's slap on the writs policy).

To summerize

-Legitimate players on an individual level are getting better at the game

-Hackers are becoming more common, I don't know exactly why, but SOE's "at least 1 strike before you are out" rule isn't helping.

-Some of the smarter Hackers have little to nothing to worry about as far as getting caught is concerned as SOE has no active 3rd party detection software and everything is determined through either in-game visual monitoring, or stat spikes.

Personally I don't let hackers bother me that much, what bothers me are "caught" hackers getting away with murder by only receiving a suspension. I've even, on occasion, straight up beaten (or matched 1:1) some hackers, so there is at least that virtue.

My only advice is to not let it get to you, voice your frustration so it can be heard by SOE, but play the game with a blind spot to hackers. If they get too out of control (infantry) just hop into a vehicle, which counters most hacking from the get-go. (There are vehicle hacks, but it's less of a power disparity than the hacks available to infantry.) Oh, and lower your DPI!
    • Up x 1
  12. Dkamanus

Watch other stats like base defenses and stuff. You'll see I'm a HUGE empire player. Somewhat know in command on Waterson. It's just a thing of modern game psychology. If you don't have a good KDR, you suck, and therefore, any argument you try to present is invalid. Happened on WoW, happens here. Just wanted to take that out of the way.
  13. TeknoBug

I've been noticing a wave of suspicious players recently, dying incredibly fast just like int aht video (watch the shield/health bar closely, it only ticked 3 down times indicating that he was scoring headshots everytime). A conversation in /yell last week had 2 guys actually admitting to using aimbots but didn't care until they got banned. Consequences of F2P games.
  14. Rhinzual

How do you lower the DPI? I'm stuck with a Razer Naga and not sure that I can do so.

Also, I -just- died a few minutes ago in the biolab on Indar (on the west side near TR I think) and it was to an NC Infiltrator with the Cyclone. Thing is, I was facing towards the wall between the two doorways at Point Delta and the Infiltrator kills me before I can even react. Fine, SMGs are bullet hoses, but I didn't even have time to flip on my shields it was so sudden, and I didn't even bother with ADS at that range against an SMG user. I checked their player's page Quantael, and saw that just two seconds after I died, another defender in the same room died, but the last shot was a headshot. Two seconds after that kill, there is another kill on the Magshot (N/A apparently, likely a bug or something).

I did a /report after looking at that because it seems well, kinda fishy how three players can die in four seconds to one Infiltrator before the first victim (me) can even fire off a single shot. Not saying 'omg they are using teh hax!11!111!!!!!1' but, you know, looking at that does raise a few eyebrows.
  15. TeknoBug

Just lower the sensitivity in the game, I have mine at 0.15 for weapon and 0.22 for zoom, 0.08 vor vehicles and 0.20 for aircraft- my mouse is rather sensitive at 5200dpi. lol
  16. Jex =TE=

Well you can have off days where you can't seem to hit anything, that happens to all of us but we also know there are hackers out there and NO, TR weapons are not more powerful because I get killed in 3 shots by NC and VS (or what seems like 3) so it happens to us all.
  17. Moxin

Thats my expirience with the game aswell when I was regulary playing it.

There are several points which are the reason for it:

* hit detection issues
    * frame lost issues (means you dont see actually every frame and what is happening) i.e. this happens in BF3 aswell
    * hacker (browsing hacker forums just will teach you that a lot more people are interesting in hacks than you maybe thought) And those players which you see and actually obviously hacking are probably just the ones in the minority, the more clever ones actaully are hard to detect or not at all.
    Not everyone from them are using just aimbots, some only radar or whatever.
    * better player: there are always better players around and sometimes I thought why are so many concentrated in this game, but I dont think this game holds the elite of FPS game. There are incidents when 5 men cant kill just one opponent, just too obvious that something is fishy.

Overall, this game did give me the impression it has the most hackers I have expirienced in an FPS or the other issues I mentioned are really that bad. I did read that Planetside 2 has no real anti cheat protection, this is a major problem.
  18. Vaphell

i main infiltrator and this LA youtube clip rubs me the wrong way. Squishy 'infiltrator' has to announce his presence to everybody in the 100m radius (50m if the audio setup is junk) because his crappy semivisible 12sec cloak is apparently so imba yet the LA can fly absolutely silently around like he owns the fkin place, dropping c4 left and right and can land on people's heads without them noticing.
    I've seen few infiltrator pwnage clips but excluding more or less stationary sniping they were nowhere near such a level of control over the player's fate and were 50% luck, which is expected when you can operate only on people's eye level and can't freely choose the angle of attack like LA can.
  19. Jurav

I agree. As NC this happens ALOT to me. As VS, sometimes, as TR, almost never. Just remember that TR weapons fire ALOT faster than NC weapons, so you may not being seeing all of the rounds that they are hitting you with due to latency.

I am not really sure why. I still think it is something to do with TR's armor, but I played my TR toon the other day and got accused of hacking three times in two hours. I was so used to my crappy NC weapons that playing TR with the huge ammo, fast fire rate, and smaller recoil seemed like shooting fish in a small barrel. This is with a stock weapon and no upgrades besides a Reflex scope.

Sometimes I really regret putting all of my Station Cash into an NC toon instead of TR, but oh well. I guess it's a bit more satisfying when getting kills as an NC guy, if also a bit more frustrating due to dieing in a couple of hits.
  20. p10k56

Was it on woodman?
  21. Rhinzual

Waterson, you can search for my forum name on the player site and find the TR character I was playing as in question.