Why play more of *this* VS ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Haya jii san, Feb 24, 2013.

1. PaperPlanes

I just want to say, as a very experienced pilot in PS2, the Mosquito is not just "slightly better" than the Scythe. The shape of the Mosquito is so much better than either the Reaver or Scythe, it has so many parts of the hitbox that are just tiny little things which you can't hit with any consistency, but the part you can hit with consistency, the main body, is also thin as a rail for the most part. It also has the magazine size advantage which is crucial for air combat, since so many shots will be missing, it is better to put out more rounds in a dogfight than to rely on a lower amount with more damage per shot, because that damage per shot means jack all when those shots don't hit. Furthermore, the superior top speed of the Mosquito means it is the best ESF for escape and evasion, it can pull away easily because it has a top speed that is 30 KPH faster than the Scythe and Reaver. Add in Hover 3 and if you hold space while flying the Mosquito, you will go 260 KPH, if it had Racer it would be even better, but not many people use Racer.

The fact is, the Mosquito excels in a dogfight for a lot of reasons and then, to top it off, it can escape bad situations the easiest. It really puts both the Scythe and Reaver to shame.

Now, as for Biolabs and the NC max, you're buying into the myth that they're only effective in Biolabs. That is just one place they are great. You forget a large part of fights outside of Biolabs take place in towers and the NC Max is even BETTER in those, they are even more cramped than Biolabs and you have to pile infantry into a tiny room to inside the tower to take it (unless it's a 3 point cap, in which case only relying on B and C makes the cap really slow and annoying). Now this is not to say you can't take a tower from the NC, but they make it by far the hardest for TR and VS to deal with for tower fights. And let's not forget the cap point at a Tech Plant is another amazing spot for an NC max, as is the cap point at an Amp Station.

The fact is, while a NC max is great all around in a Biolab, it is still amazing in Amp Stations and Tech Plants and it is downright scary in a tower fight. When fighting the NC, everyone knows that at some point the fight is going to boil down to encountering hacksaw or scattercannon maxes in close quarters and that is very demoralizing for people. I have been in full squads that wouldn't get near a cap point because there was one single NC max on it, that's 12 freaking people afraid of 1 player because of how powerful that one single unit is.
    • Up x 5
  2. Arcanotechnician

The NC max excels at short range. TR and VS maxes don't excel at range - they get ripped apart by infantry. They're laughably bad.
    • Up x 1
  3. Haya jii san

This is not a whine thread. It's not "now we suddenly suck" but more of "we kind of sucked to begin with" kind of thing. Recent changes just made that more apparent.

Cheers
    • Up x 1
  4. Haya jii san

How's so ? What's VS strong point really ?

People say lot's of stuff but don't get me wrong. You don't play VS and therefore you don't know. What i've said in the start of this thread is true and i'm curious to see if maybe it's not that bad as i look at it.
  5. huller

hmmm, let me see... Yelow are the things where I correct where you are wrong.
  6. TheRealMetalstorm

/thread

Also, MBT info (source: ps2calc.com):

Prowler:
    • HP: 4000
    • Front armour damage multiplier: 0.45
    • Side armour damage multiplier: 0.5
    • Top armour damage multiplier: 0.5
    • Rear armour damage multiplier: 1.2

Magrider:
    • Front armour damage multiplier: 0.45
    • Side armour damage multiplier: 0.5
    • Top armour damage multiplier: 0.5

Vanguard:
    • Front armour damage multiplier: 0.38
    • Side armour damage multiplier: 0.45
    • Top armour damage multiplier: 0.45
  7. Agent 47

Listen. We are VS not Vanu, they're long dead.
    BTW Pistols and Population is about 100% accurate.
  8. Ganelon

This again? Move along people, nothing to see here.
  9. Loegi

"Main Cattle Tank" HA!

But seriously though, the Magrider probably still has the intended amount of hillclimbing and maneuverability. Not to mention you've got practical aim stabilization.
    And fast reload with no drop off and average everything else seems pretty balanced to me.

Obviously any bugs the magrider has now should be fixed, but I don't think it's that crippling.
  10. Maarvy

Post GU 2 prowlers and vanguards slid off almost every incline , no one used them and when they did they were horribly out numbered by magriders . Bugged tanks means none spawns and the ones that do only make nice long purple bars .

Lets have a graph for max vs max , esf vs esf , lmg vs lmg etc etc , remove all variation from the game and have nice flat graphs for everything .

What Vanu have now is a slower than a vanguard , with the worst armour , worst dps , ****** up physics that leaves u hanging on hills or stalls you out if you straff on a incline , and our super power is 15 mph straff (15 mph if your lucky and not straffing on any kind of hill/bump/lump . )

Personaly I do just fine in my mag as it is . Its anoying me more now that this whole game is gonna end up so generic , with factions identical exept the colour of there armor .
  11. Maarvy

12. EvilKoala

I'd trade you those 10 extra rounds TR get for the reduced horizontal recoil, no bullet drop and faster reloads that VS get any day..
  13. Marshall End

Prowler 59 KPH
    Vanguard 56 KPH
    Magrider 50 KPH
  14. Phazaar

I'd like to be constructive, but since you weren't, I'm just going to say keep QQing. The only real nerf you've had is to Warpgate on Inder, which NC suffered with for 3 months. Enjoy it.

Oh, and for the love of God we don't want your kind on NC. The nerfhammer will keep swinging, so don't become a fourth factioner. Just play your side and wait for the next crazy OP thing you get. My bet: ES Rocket Launchers. Or is it that you can't play when the odds aren't stacked in your favour as they were before?
  15. Joram

I can climb hills easier with a lightning.

The magrider design is OP, is a futuristic tank against conventional tanks and the terrain advantadge is to powerfull and a pain to balance, before we were way better than the rest, right now we are behind, dont think you can get to the sweet point with the magrider, either is gonna be OP or UP IMO.
  16. DeeX

I would definatly trade the prowler for the magrider at anytime, pre- and post-nerf
  17. Goretzu

If you're talking about AI MAXs then the NC AI MAX out-DPS the TR and VS MAXs from 0-10m from 10-1,000,000m the TR and VS MAXs out-DPS them.

So what is you're idea of "balance" than NC MAX only out-DPS TR and VS MAXs to 0-5m or something? How is that "balanced"? :confused:
  18. Dkamanus

VERY nice and compreehensive stats on tanks. So, the VS have the same prowler stats (which I didn't know), the same HP (which I didn know), uses frontal armour exclusively (which brings the front damage multiplier to 0.4, almost like the Vanguard), Can dodge incoming bullets (won't be able to do so against experienced Vanguard/Prowler drivers, which VS can't complain), does have turret stabilization (which no other tank has nor should have imo), has MAGBURNER (You dictate if you can or not engage, most magriders don't seem to understand that, nor use it to their advantage), has the best secondary guns (aside from the AP Saron, you have the HE saron as well, TR and NC don't have a rela equivalent to that).

Magriders are the only tank with ANY real chance to escape a combat and comeback for a second time. People saying that the Vanguard Shield is OP, if you pull out your Vanguard shield is either in 1v1 combat or where the situation is SO desperate that there is no comeback for the vanguard (He have 5 KM/H more speed then the stock magrider, but with the LOWEST acceleration of all tanks, making us sitting ducks).

And yet, even before, people played the god damn Vanguard. Yes, VS is crying a river for nothing. Balance has almost being achieved, and the magrider is still a damn pain to fight against as infantry (I didn't had a problem with them as Vanguard before GU02, except the enforcer - thanks on that needed buff - and I'm having a breeze here). To kill I just wait for the compensation (which I can do quite quickly) and shot.

Its not called UP, its called balance and better drivers ****** you now, since you had a clear advantage. Give it a little time and you'll see the magrider becoming used a lot again. Damn, I still see people that play extensively magriders on Waterson (Assist) and he's a damn pain in the ***. =P
  19. Rodinvac

Vice-versa for me.
    Pre-patch it was slow, but you could get on top of some buildings by giving up IR Smoke and use the Magburner judiciously, and it could strafe enemy projectiles at medium to long range.
    Post-patch it's still slow, now it turns incredibly slow, Magburner is no longer good for ramping off of stuff, strafing speed has been reduced and the other tanks have faster projectiles (so that it will be outsniped), you can't out-DPS other tanks at range and up close, and is generally a chore to use. Lightning is a better tank, at the moment.

Meanwhile the Prowler is just so fun to zip around the countryside (especially with Racer Chassis), flank around other tanks and murder them from the back, and it handles a lot better than the Magrider and Vanguard, while also climbing stuff much better than the Mag. And it still murders infantry with HEAT rounds and now Anchor mode is actually worth using for the increased bullet speed.
    Although I prefer to use it as a brawler, so I find that IR Smoke and either Mineguard or Stealth work better.
    • Up x 1
  20. TheRealMetalstorm

At the risk of going off topic, at 1-10m there is no time for the TR max to escape the NC max. At 10-1,000,000m the NC max has all the time in the world to run. TR max is pointless to use against enemy infantry beyond at most 20m, because there's simply no point pulling a max suit then. the max charge on the NC can easily close the gap and swat the TR max.

Idgaf about NC maxes IF the NC maxes's AI weapons are MUCH less effective on MAX suits.
    The MAX-MAX comparison is a textbook example that evidence can be used to your advantage no matter what.