Please fix hit registration on VS weapons since last patch

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Swoll, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Sandzibar

Yes as everytime a VS poster posts its what the entire VS playerbase thinks.

You stupid twunt.

Back on topic. Hitreg is truely awful now... if this is a side effect of you trying to make the render distance better? well Id prefere you spent network traffic on hits than display range if this is the outcome of your best coding efforts.
  2. Aege

Before GU2, I used the Flare exclusively on my HA loadouts, but after the patch the Flare is a total piece of junk. I've posted about that elsewhere, but it's insulting for someone to assume you wouldn't notice something like that, not to mention I paid 700 SC for this gun that's now collecting dust in my virtual gun cabinet.

Before GU2, my stats clearly showed the vast majority of my infantry killed were made in HA (as I said I used the Flare exclusively since it was added), and now my highest killing weapon is the Solstice SF if that tells you how much they jacked it up.
  3. Swoll

Bump - SOE would you mind posting the changes made behind the scenes to the factions guns? It would be great for community discussion.
  4. PhantomOfKrankor

This isn't a issue for the VS alone and it has been an problem for some people since release. It seems to get better or worse for different people from patch to patch. There have been many posts on here and a few on reddit about weapon hits and damage simply not registering on all factions since release. On my VS-Mattherson character it has been a problem since I started in November. On my NC-Waterson character it happens rarely. It's not weapon balance, but I think that the detection problem is more widespread than we think and is a cause of some of the 'weapon imbalance' complaints.

Between my characters I have 12,000+ kills playing as infantry. At this point I have a good idea of when shots should and shouldn't be killing. The problem for me is that it can be hard to catch definitive proof on video unless you can record everything in good resolution, which I don't have the hardware to do. Now and then I am catching some 'shooting blanks' moments with the ingame video capture (med quality) that I will eventually put together once I have enough footage and post it on youtube and send to SoE.
  5. Swoll

Great post and I agree (especially about obtaining reliable footage without just recording your whole session which is not really viable) but have been noticing this specifically with Vanu more than NC, in fact I feel that NC hits -more- frequently now.

But I mainly would like to know what changes are being made behind the scenes so we can stop saying "I feel this, I feel that, you're right, you're wrong, etc" :)

I have a BR61 NC and a BR 38 VS.
  6. PhantomOfKrankor

Hah, I'm 61 VS, 35 NC. I do hear more complaints from my VS allies than my NC allies about it when I'm on my respective characters, other than the 'yea that happens to me too' I hear on NC or TR, but I don't know how sincere it is sometimes. Since mid January I have been playing my NC more because it is much more consistent. I was getting so frustrated on my VS that I was considering quitting altogether for a while. Then after the GU in early Feb my VS gameplay quality improved, then went downhill again after a week or two and I went back to my NC for most of my play time.

I have a bunch of SC invested in my VS and almost none on my NC, so I hope someone can get to the bottom of this and I can enjoy my 'main character' again.
  7. nukularZ

Ok, glad it wasn't just me. This has been annoying the hell out of me. Something is definitely off.
  8. wallawatt

I play VS primarily,BR58. I've been having odd stretches of no hit detection as an infantry player. Several times other players absorbed half a clip and took no damage. I was clearly getting bullets on target and was not having any noticable lag otherwise. It's a totally new phenomenon occurring in the last few days. I just wanted to post here to add to the documentation of the problem and hopefully have SOE address it.
  9. iamrob7

Strange, I was thinking this today and believing it must just be my imagination. Now I've come here and seen this and another thread mentioning it. It seems like something at some point has been done to the VS.

On top of this, the new SMG from yesterday, I swear has been nerfed a little with the patch today. Again speculation, I figure they saw the complaints about the new SMG being blatantly better than the old one, which it was and decided to nerf it a little bit. Except that's the day after many people trialled it and bought it on the basis of that trial. I need to start recording videos and documenting the weapons I buy so I can be aware of stealth nerfs.

I want to know what is being changed please SOE with each patch, not just what you think I should know.
  10. Swoll

Anyone noticing this issue specific to VS? Is it the same for all the factions you play or does one feel better/worse than the other?
  11. PaperPlanes

Something has definitely changed since GU2. I do not know if it is a hit registration/desync issue in general or if it was a pure VS stealth nerf, but I feel most of my weapons are very different now and they do not perform as well. I have not noticed a difference on my TR and NC alts, BUT I do not play them often enough to have enough time behind their guns post-GU2 to truly tell.

I have noticed all VS carbines that I have unlocked and most LMGs just "feel" worse and have a higher TTK now. Medic's HV45 (the only medic gun I use) feels fine to me though. Shotguns still feel identical. Pistols, both Manticore and Beamer, feel worse.
  12. Idono

It's no just VS. It's in fact all factions. My gameplay has suffered tremendously the past 2 days just because of the patch. This is an observation, and i damn good one i might say, that slower rate of fire weapons suffer outragously now since moste of them don't hit properly or are delayed. VS and TR do infact not have such a big of a problem compared to NC simply because they fire roughly 50% faster and spew out more bullets wich in turn causes more hits to register.

After GU2 NC Woodman have had sever problems when it comes to pushing back the VS from our warpgate just because we get the shorte end of the stick in many ways.
  13. Badgered

I can confirm that hit detection appears to be ******. I was making direct hits at close range against an enemy with the Flare and they were not taking any damage... while they were damaging me and other people around me. I am not a particularly bad shot. I know I was hitting every shot; I do it all the time at that range.

Something has gone awry.
  14. CupidStunts

are we fixed yet - feels ok to me./

just rendering feels fixed but there is definately more lag hit, no issue from distance [seems more close action compounds the lag/especially the in-action 360 view change *tbexpected :p <3 - needs stop befor op]
  15. Kumaro

Well this game...sigh i have bad internet so if i lose connection for a moment everything will build up and once i reconnect it will fast-forward everything so i will see everything that happened during my down time in a few seconds.
  16. CupidStunts

Bad internet generates 3/4 of bad.
  17. Swoll

Bump this needs to be looked into - obviously the intention is to reduce the power of the VS weapons, this I am fine with, but it needs to be in the form of gun control that can be learned/compensated for - outright missing is not a good option.
  18. Swoll

Needs to be looked at.
  19. †Ashley†

While i have issues with the vanu weapon concepts overall, i have not encountered any issues with hits not registering. Not frequently anyway, it has happened a couple of times with long range shots with the rifle but very very rarely.
  20. Swoll

bump - still happening frequently.