Is planetside 2 coming to playstation 4?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chilly154, Feb 20, 2013.

1. the pestimist

heh barely anyone cares.
  2. EvilPhd

Specs
    Support for 8 x86-64 cores.
    Perhaps they can get some in-house help on how to optimize for modern multi core systems?
  3. Ganelon

1080p @ 30fps? Heh.
  4. Cyridius

No they don't, consoles and PC use entirely different netcode, and it would take a serious revamp of one of the systems to make a cross-platform game possible.

Then we run into the various other things such as gameplay issues, performance, and so on so forth.

While SOE will always hint at it going to "next gen consoles" I would estimate more very late in PS4's life cycle or as a headliner for PS5, assuming PlanetSide 2 survives as long as projected by SOE(Until 2025).
  5. chilly154

I think most people don't know most people who play pc games are playing it on a laptop.
  6. the pestimist

they only gaming ones are stupid overpriced alienwares most of the time.
  7. Zotamedu

A Xeon Phi would be terrible since the rendering is obviously not that well threaded. So throwing a couple of in-order, low clocked Pentium cores at it would not solve anything.
  8. schwarzklang

Do people really think they would play with ps4 player on the same servers? The inbalance between controllers and mouse+keyboard is to big. And i dont want to play against aim assisted players.
  9. chilly154

There are some games out there that do have pc players and console players playing with each other. They do well with each other. I have played those games, let me tell you this I beated a lot of pc gamers with there mouse. But I have been playing fps since 1997 so I can't tell you whats going to be the outcome of a noob.
  10. the pestimist

Would 6000 men servers even be possible?
  11. Phyr

That's why most people are complaining about how bad it runs, their netbook isn't meant for gaming.

If it gets ported it wont be PC and console players on the same maps, it just wouldn't be fair (aim assist) and connection issues would severely hamper it. Just because MMORPG's can do it doesn't mean an MMOFPS can.
  12. Phyr

That's why most people are complaining about how bad it runs, their netbook isn't meant for gaming.

If it gets ported it wont be PC and console players on the same maps, it just wouldn't be fair (aim assist) and connection issues would severely hamper it. Just because MMORPG's can do it doesn't mean an MMOFPS can.
  13. furballhero

PS4 players would get pwned unless they give them Auto Aim which wouldn't be good for PC players. If they didnt have auto aim I think i'd be ok with it. I'm always down for shooting a bunch of console turkeys.
  14. SEMoslaw

Just no. They told us they wanna develop PS2 for at least 12 more years. So they can improve engine of the game because pc are going to be better and better. When they will merge it with PS4 the game will stop and the only upgrades we will get will be more skins and guns. No thx.
    Also I would feel very bad if they would put money they earned from SC to console version instead for they workers and future developing of the PC version.
  15. Izriul

Because those 500 other games like WoW and SC2 aren't made by Sony
  16. Bucketnate

17. skull4squadron

ps2 on the ps4 is going to happen i know someone admitted to it.
    i just dont remember who.
    what im pretty sure its not going to be a mix up of ps4 players and pc on same servers.
    that will never happen.
  18. SEMoslaw

No because this cost a lot of money and time to convert game to the other platform.
    Worst thing that game developers can do is try to bite off more than they can chew.
  19. LordMondando

Unlikely it would be able to run it very well.
  20. Ash87

God I hope not, PS owners are more annoying than your average PC Owner.
  21. TintaBux

Which is what I said earlier.

You cannot play cross roads with PC and consoles together, simple as that, on top of that the games use different coding to be able to run on each platform and are approached differently (As seen allot of PC games are ports from consoles, but doing a direct transfer is impossible, it's more complicated)