Rumor has it the Playstation 4 will be announced tonight...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Memeotis, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Memeotis

Do you guys think there any chance that Planetside 2 for console will be announced alongside it? :D
  2. OddChelsea

Not a single chance, in my mind at least. Planetside 2 is a game that stresses even high end PCs. They'd have to change a lot and would the console community be separate from the PC community? I would think it'd have to be. I highly doubt they could make PS2 work on the PS4.
  3. ABATTLEDONKEY

4. Memeotis

I don't know too much about technical details, but I think it would be much easier to optimize the game it if they only have one setup to work with, as opposed to the thousands of different setups PCs have.

And if it were announced, I don't think SOE would be stupid enough to make it cross-platform with the PC. :p
  5. Oheck

Lets hope to god that they do not sell out the PC community for the damn consoles. That is the LAST thing we want.
  6. Wind770

**** no times a million.

Console's limit the potential of games graphically because of the fixed hardware. Look at Skyrim on the Xbox versus PC, the difference graphics wise is insane.
  7. Some1

Thats neat but wondering why this is in general chat.

and I doubt it will.
  8. UrMom306

is this a joke?
  9. Dreadnaught Wrex

This^ unless the PS4 will be around a grand or more.
  10. Rusky

No chance.
  11. fastdak255

edit: annoucement stream starts in 25 minutes (6pm est)

12. f0d

doubtful

ps2 is VERY single threaded and the next xbox/ps4 has (by rumored specs) low single threaded performance because of the very low clock speed (1.6ghz) and they used a low end cpu instead of a faster one (xbox/ps3 use amd's A4-A10 type chips instead of the FX type faster cpu's)

if PS2 used 4 or more cpu's maybe but it barely uses 1 CPU let alone the 8 on the next xbox/ps4
  13. Phyr

No. A sequel to MAG would be cool though.
    • Up x 1
  14. Sebyos

I used to love console gaming since I was a kid, but things changed. The last generation hit a wall when peoples pockets couldn't keep up with game releases and when the technology became too old, yet still too costly to even think about a powerful next gen.

PS4 cannot continue where the PS3 left and release passed the 800 dollars with 80 or 90 dollars game, they will have to do something else and they even admitted their console would be targeted for the social gamers with multiple device and social media possibilities.

In other words PC will remain for performance with Witcher 3, Crysis 3 and even better stuff while console will have no choice, but to head toward interaction and 3D controllers or whatever you call the PS Move a bit like Nintendo when they knew they couldn't keep up with the other consoles actually.

Anyway I doubt the next gens consoles will have a high impact on PC gaming even if they might not be so bad if rumors are true.
  15. HadesR

Both owned by Sony .. So never say never ... Highly unlikely but we all know the $ does the talking in the games industry
  16. Norse

Thats what PS2 needs, 5 year old nose miners with open mics running willy nilly.
  17. jdono67894

PS4 is going to be about as powerful as a 2 year old computer.
    There is no chance it will run planetside 2.
  18. HadesR

Like it hasn't already got people with the mental age of 5 running willy nilly with open mic's :rolleyes:
  19. Wecomeinpeace

My fortune telling cat told me it will happen. So there you have it. PS2 on PS4 will be a thing, my cat is never wrong.
  20. Aege

You guys are thinking about this all wrong...

It's more certs for us! :D