Magrider still being nerfed is ticking me off already.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zarth, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Zarth

YES buff the other 2 tanks and leave the magrider in the dirt. Just completely abandon your VS player base while you spoon feed the NC more buffs that they don't need. The VS were strong because we had intelligent players who knew how to have skill with a tank. The TR needed some buffs, I respect that. but just wow... Oh and buffing the Reaver??? How many buffs do the NC need??? VS didn't even win barely anything on the event SOE pulled out.

Oh and btw you can check my other topic which has a much more lengthy discussion and very good posts.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/magriders-feel-like-a-piece-of-junk-now.89588/
    33 pages long.
    Views:
    Replies:
  2. omega4

Read Higby's thread. Look at his data and metrics.

Then enjoy the new reality that is the VS Magrider main battle tank.

• Up x 9
  3. Zarth

Link me the post. If it stays the same I'm not playing VS. It's one of the main reasons why I joined a faction that has "alien" technology. BECAUSE IT WAS MORE INTERESTING THAN 21ST CENTURY WEAPONS.
  4. Xuram

5. omega4

Someone beat me to it.

So I guess this means you're no longer playing VS then....
  6. Pat Cleburne

Really? Because stats say otherwise. Sorry man, but mag was OP. Face the facts.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 7
  7. WarpNaccele

Yes Hypocritical Higby should post the same chart but for maxes, balanced my ***, we need magriders to be op because nc's maxes **** over all our infantry.
  8. Cull58

There are legitmate complaints to be made, but posts like yours just make people laugh at us and call us cry babies. Please stop and come back with a well thought out, logical thread next time.
    • Up x 13
  9. Crywalker

It needs a better RoF is the main thing I think. The hover can never be restored to its form glory though unless the other tanks got some serious maneuverability buffs to counter it.

That said, mags haven't been nerfed that long, think of how long NC have been playing with obviously inferior infantry weaponry.
    • Up x 1
  10. CrispyHaze

Topics like this are why the Mag nerf was an excellent change! It took me a couple days to come to terms with, but I think I now respect NC more after seeing the amount of VS players whining now that the tables have been turned. I mean, some NC players whined, but it was nowhere near proportional to the whining we are seeing now and a good deal of it was actually justified (this coming from a TR player). Excellent job everyone!

"VS didn't even win barely anything on the event SOE pulled out."

[IMG]

EDIT: Ah now Cull58 makes me feel bad for laughing at VS as a whole, he hit the nail on the head here.
    • Up x 2
  11. QuakerOatsMan

So most players that chose VS somehow made up the majority of skilled tank drivers in PS2? There were no "skilled" or "intelligent" tank drivers on TR and NC? All the professional tank drivers somehow flocked to VS? Sorry but you have no statistics to back up your claim. What "tank skill" are you referring to anyway? If somehow magriders in general were able to pull more than twice the kills of prowlers and vanguards on average, you can't just ignore that, regardless of whether there may be many other factors such as infantry kills etc. That means that somehow even mostly average players are able to get a significantly higher ratio than the average TR/NC tank driver—something about the magrider was too good compared to the others. You're ignoring the elephant in the room.
    • Up x 7
  12. SlingBlade

13. Onetoo

Didn't Higby also claim that the Prowler got nearly double the infantry kills of the Magrider? Maybe that deserves a graph.
  14. Zapon

The GRAPHS are INCORRECT

Overlay the Magrider vs Prowler and Magrider vs Vanguard graph- it's exactly the same, how does that happen?

Something is very fishy here-Need a new query to run through the data, Devs- what's up with this?

(disclaimer: i didn't discover this fact)
    • Up x 1
  15. QuakerOatsMan

If a majority of players are much more willing to man the magriders' secondaries compared to other tanks, what does that say about those secondaries? Also, a deployed prowler is still more than easy bait for lock-ons, sarons, rocket dumbfire, AV turrets, C4, etc. Besides, you're talking as if all changes were final; they never are.
  16. Pat Cleburne

Did you really just say that? Are you joking? You need tanks that are ridiculously out of balance to TR and NC tanks because the scat max is strong? WOW, just WOW.
    • Up x 13
  17. teks

First off. The buffs to NC were deserved as well as the buffs to TR tanks. Its not nice to hate others who finally got what your complaining about now with disrespect.
    Second. I have no problems killing other tanks in a mag, then again I have no problems doing that in a lightning.
    Third. You made a what? 40 page post about this exact same topic then made a whole new thread saying the exact same thing. You even skipped being reasonable and went straight to bashing NC.

Yes the VS are not happy with the magrider mostly because its not fun to use. It's slow, cumbersome on slopes (often getting stuck), and gives the pilot terrible tunnel vision.
    Basically its not the maneuverable vehicle we expect.

Despite that creating threads like this are not going to somehow coax anyone into making this a priority. Honestly I doubt they will fix this for quite some time. Its in the back of the line now. I highly suggest you deal with it.

The vehicle is awkward but its not useless. Avoid fighting on slopes, stick to flat ground, and keep a distance. Sarun and main cannon will rock enemy tanks. If you want a more 'classic' magrider experience I recommend a lightning.

Heres the good news. Now, when you own a prowler in a magrider, you can boast about it, but not you specifically. You will be here making flame threads for all of eternity.
    • Up x 2
  18. Acuta

It amazes me the number of sheep that will look at a flat K/D chart and call that statistics and metrics. It, by itself, is almost useless. Good only to put up a red flag for further investigation as to why. Buffing Van and Prowler were a must, and should have been done FIRST with no touches to the Mag, and THEN go back and see if things changed.

99% of the MAGSISOPOMGNERFITNAOW posts were 1/2 drivers either stock or with HE/AI loadouts that lost to fully crewed, well certed Mags running either HEAT or AP and a Saron, aka AV loadout. I'd put a huge sum of money on that scenario. Nevermind the fact that VS just liked Mag more than NC or TR like their tanks, and as such, pulled more tanks. Those "terrible" Magrider zergs...that no one on either NC or TR would counter with MBT, instead they would pull a bazillion HA and rocket spam the Mags to death...and it worked fine.
  19. Lord Robert

I wonder what all those big giant purple lines before the patch mean?

Probably just shows that everything is balanced.

All those lines being almost equal after the patch probably means that we should do something to make the purple lines way out of proportion to the other two again.
    • Up x 3
  20. gaiam

hey that guy is right, why are magrider vs prowler and magrider vs vanguard graphs carbon copies of each other? hmmmmmmmmmmm?

and this still doesnt explain why hillclimbing is what made this magrider powerful that it had to be nerfed to save the game.

and why the thread to ask for input, and why no mention of the hillclimbing being too powerful, until they gutted the game and the unique fun aspect of it?