To all the Engineer players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bigpapasquatch, Feb 18, 2013.

1. GruntOne

Being engineer is awesome beacause I always have some explosives on me to wreak havoc. Beelining for sunderers and making them unrepairable is so much fun, especially if it halts an assault in progress and kills a group of enemies with it too (and most likely, me too).

Also we got the best primary weapon class. I spend a lot of time fighting and the expensive carbines really are as versatile as the class and as deadly as our explosives. With my Serpent, I spray death on short range and I kill snipers at long range in single fire mode which fires as fast as I can click but very very accurate. Then I go blow up some tank that is stupid enough to drive after me when I run behind some rocks, thinking I'm an easy target and not noticing I left some presents behind.

And all the while I get a constant stream of XP due to my ammo. Being an engi is fun and people do appreciate our services.
  2. Crywalker

Don't repair tanks from behind them?

Engineer 101.
  3. Bigpapasquatch

Guys, thanks for keeping this thread positive. It's a nice change of pace from the usual forum drivel.
  4. Brickwalker

Gotta say the Medics and Engie's of VS on Connery do a great job..

Ive never had a lack of ammo packs or healing and Im hardly ever in a group!

Heres to you!
  5. Cirevam

Being an Engineer 99% of the time is really great. I maintain base infrastructure, keep vehicles running, have a wide range of explosives, can deploy a glowing stepladder, and never run out of ammo. I always have something to do, and with knowledge of base layouts I can shut down some offensive pushes. Last night I was at an amp station with three others in my squad (medic, HA, LA) and we were running back and forth keeping the generators online. I took down at least three sunderers that night, maybe more, because I was able to get high onto structures and drop mines down. The TR didn't stop -- such tenacity -- but I was having a lot of fun.

I should also extend my gratitude to the engineers of Waterson. Cheers!
  6. Saavik

ummmmm how about when the tank spins around and kills us ??? where do you want us to stand 101 ???

does not matter where you stand... they always kill you... they panic and without any warning end up running you over quick smart... be it by the tank its self or some stupid bug in the game mechanics that ends up making you suicide... there is also a bug where the tank gently touches you and you get catapulted about 500 meters away and kills you.... that one really pisses me off....
  7. BlackBulletIV

Cheers to you all.

It's always fun when you and a MAX are the only guys left alive; you get a special feeling of friendship keeping him alive for as long as possible, while he continues to defend you.
  8. Crywalker

You said "backing up over". Regardless, repairing tanks is always going to be risk since they attract fire. I rarely get killed by the tank itself though, you have to just keep a safe distance from it so you can react to its movement.
  9. KariH

Behind is ok if you are near tanks corner. Engie do have some reaction times before tank overun. Tanks acceleration is not so good usually. Especially heavy tanks. They are also nice cover.
  10. DukeFlash

Indeed. I've gotten pretty good at that art myself.

It's usually some other friendly tank who wants to scrape paint that runs me over.
  11. Dethfield

As a medic on NC Matherson, i also appreciate dedicated engys. Its pretty much both our classes that keep everyone else running and fighting. I can heal and revive folks all day, but that wont do them any good if they dont have any ammo or dont get repaired!
  12. Takara

Well the first 3 of these happen as well as the last one...on occasion the one I highlighted in red never happens. I have learned that Mana turrets, at least the AI ones are really...quite worthless. THey just make you major sniper bait.

Because of this I offer some advice to my Engineering brothers and sisters of all empires. MANA TURRETS ARE GOOD COVER! I often use these to drop next to a set of boxes then inch out around the corner to take pot shots down the way at enemy. The shield on the front as well as the gun itself will absorb 1/3 or 1/2 of the bullets flung your way and lets you pour more ammo down rang and on target.

They are almost as good as mobile cover they light you up....but if you are exposed it is better then nothing. I even will drop them to distract enemies and go around the other side of cover.
  13. Takara

I often die a little inside when I kill an enemy soldier and see that little wrench next to their name in the kill spam. I don't mean to ruin a fellow working man's exp but I'm just doing my job! I even find myself forced to target my fellow brother's in nanite arms when I see lots of max's or tanks. Know I don't kill you because I loath you...I kill you to save myself and my fellow purple armored friends. Your death is still mourned!

Now you dirty blue or red heavies/medics/LAs/Infiltrators... Your corpses are left for the birds! Get out of my yard ya troublemakers!
  14. TheMagicCookie

Can we also get a shoutout to the Medics who run around reviving, healing, and getting shot just to bring back all their buddies? The ones who don't play it just for the AR?
  15. SgtScum

Engie is my favorite class next to infiltrator and medic.

I've always preferred to do support roles as that greatly multiplies the effectiveness of the guys who can actually hit the broad side of a barn with a rocket.

This is oh so true.
  16. korpisoturi

"K/D ratio is a bit lousy 0.5 but so what".

K/D means nothing in the long run, i would take dedicated engineer ANYTIME over HAwannabe ,in fact you should jump to mercenarys cos after all you are from country of REAL BAD AZZES like me;)
    • Up x 1
  17. Morpholine

If you're a VS Engineer, no place is safe.
  18. korpisoturi

naturally,cos TR CANT DO nothing without triple pops, TR have same methods in planetside1 for years but in planetside1 personal skill level was much bigger factor than it is PS2 .

general question to all : how much you get satisfaction and sense of archieving something when you MASS ZERG base with huge pop advantage ? in my mind it feel a bit hollow in somepoint when you KNOW that you win ONLY cos you throw atleast 40-70 against 1-10-20 all the time ?
  19. Bhudda V1

i should have put in there a /joke or /sarcasm somewhere in there JEEZ man
  20. Compass

I appreciate the sentiment, but chances are, you're probably still going to get run over _-_