Well, somebody has to say it

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crywalker, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Veri

So many threads should be named - Nerf the other factions till they are no comparison to the faction I play in.
  2. Zotamedu

The infiltrator is not only a sniper as the name and special ability indicates. They should not only camp on a hill but also sneak up behind enemy lines to disrupt and harass. Taking over terminals has a huge tactical value. Same goes for sneaking up and putting down mines. The problem is that they can't really defend themselves at all with only a rifle and a pistol. Therefore, few infiltrators bothered to try to actually infiltrate and instead kept playing sniper. Now they have a weapon that is good at close range so they can either cert into long range or they can cert into an annoying sneaky bastard.

As I already stated. They are not impossible to see while cloaked, they are just a bit more difficult. So sneaking around a base is very risky. I've killed off loads of them because once I get them in the sight of my T9, they are pretty screwed if they're not able to run fast enough. So giving them a weapon that is only usable at close range makes a lot of sense. If they can sneak up behind you, then they deserve the kill.

Had they been completely invisible or if they could actually shoot when cloaked, I would agree. Now it's just making the infiltrators more usable and now they may actually do their job instead of hiding behind a tree.
  3. Crywalker

I feel like this should be posted here -

This is a big part of what makes infil feel weak to a lot of people who play it, while it can feel overpowered to those playing against who aren't using low graphics. I will admit, on low graphics I'd have no issue with SMG infiltrators. But I play with everything on high, and don't feel I should have to adjust my graphic settings - which shouldn't give major gameplay advantages - to deal with a single class.
  4. sosolidshoe

Infiltrators are named such for a reason, they are not nor have they ever been simple Snipers. Hell, one of their main abilities is terminal Hacking, an activity which requires the Infiltrator to move indoors and within very short range of the enemy.
    Stop whinging and learn how to counter.
  5. PieBringer

Edit: Nevermind, too many ways that could be taken the wrong way.
  6. AzK

I said it when they announced it, and of course it is the case.

Everyone i engage with my infi and smg dies instantly and doesn't even have time to turn, often times if there's groups of people i can easily kill 2-3 of them emptying my mag in their backs and then run away.
    Room for counterplay by the attacked players: Zero.

But that's the whole trend of the horrible gameplay of this game i guess, you simply cannot fail if you a)shoot first, b)shoot from the side, c) shoot from the back - they want it like that so no matter who you are, even if you're terrible, you'll get some kills.

Infis with smgs just make it even more apparent.
  7. Scatterblak

I play an SMG/Infil, and it's a completely different animal than any other class. I can understand why some folks feel it's overpowered, but the fact is that the perception is based on their style of play. I can guarantee you that the infils playing with the smg spend a lot of time cloaked while watching potential victims go right by - spraying the first guy that comes along is just going to get you killed. We look for just the right opportunity to jump, and when it's done right, it's going to seem like it's OP - but that's because we watched 15 other guys walk by before you came out of the door, didn't look behind you, and then stopped at a corner to peek around. It's as simple as this - if your playstyle doesn't include *constantly* moving, if you're the sort that goes off on your own a lot, particularly into structures as opposed to overland, if you don't pull a crazy ivan and check behind you once in a while, if you like to poke your head out a window for longer than about 1 second, the SMGinfils are going to take a shot at you, and *not* at the other guys. If you want to avoid them, it's as simple as traveling with a buddy, keep moving around, don't stop outside to check your map, and look behind you once in a while. And don't stay in the turret for a long time when you know your base is under attack and infils are in it - we'll hack that for you and smg you when you pop out. :)

#DontBeAVictim
    • Up x 1
  8. Morpholine

They're not nearly as bad as when they had shotguns.
  9. Revanmug

The biggest problem is not with the infiltrator but with the players. The majority of player are stupid or just plain blind. Hell, many can't even recognize the difference between a NC and a VS in giraffe camo during a battle so the chance people can spot the very unique distortion cause by an infiltrator in movement are even lower.

See above. You are part of the problem. I play on high and never had any problem hunting them down. Hell, even their cloak make a distinctive sound which give a warning would you not been paying attention.

Being "surprise" is not really a good excuse. Any class can do it. I haven't heard many crying thread about LA dropping down from a building and 1-2 shoting someone with an automatic shotgun.
  10. Ash87

I could see what he means in this case, because SMGs are designed for high ROF and more ammo, both things the TR one has.

For it's purpose I could see the TR one being "better" numerically. That said I've seen more NC SMGs lately than anything else.
  11. FateJH

I find dying to Infiltrators with SMGs enjoyable because they've gotten so dangerously close to the enemy without anyone noticing that they probably deserve that kill / those kills.

I have a love/hate relationship with normal Infiltrators who do actual sniping, but it's probably that way in every FPS game.
  12. Brickwalker

They pretty much existed before SMG's were put into the game.People were just using the full auto scout rifle instead.

I dont really see them as too big of a prob.
  13. Luighseach

I trialed the NC smg and hated it. Infils need shotguns lol. But seriously though the NC SMG feel more like a carbine than a SMG.
  14. Kumaro

I see people who get killed by quick infiltrators using their guns to sneak around and shoot them in the back.
    Oh my god these guys are to smart NERF INTELLIGENCE!!!
  15. GraphicJ

To save up the ammo with Inf+SMG... knife then SMG his sorry nalgas. Or vise versa. For even casual players you get at least 10 kills for every death if done right.
  16. NietCheese

SMGs are incredibly overpowered. On a number of occasions I have been playing NC heavy, been fully shielded and 100% health and the TTK of the SMG has beaten me. In a toe to toe situation an infiltrator should NOT be able to beat a fully shielded heavy assault. As an NC heavy assault, post SMG and post engineer AV turret I feel like the weakest class in the game.

It's incompetence on behalf of the developers or a simple money grab , getting those pay to win players free kills for buying the latest overpowered weapon.
  17. Vikarius

0/10 troll
    Sorry to burst your bubble but you are not playing Heavyside 2, even though it should be renamed to that at this point.
    If you lose to an SMG infiltrator toe to toe as a heavy assault not only was he a great, and ballsy player, but you are a horribad one at that.
    • Up x 3
  18. Bennybones

Yeaaaah... Infiltrators die if you look at them too hard. People who ask for a nerf clearly haven't thought this through.
  19. Crywalker

It's not that difficult or clever to flank as infil and if they nerfed intelligence it wouldn't make a difference to you.
  20. Scatterblak

Heh.