To all the Engineer players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bigpapasquatch, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Bigpapasquatch

Engineer players, this one is for you. You guys are undervalued, under appreciated, and I for one just want to say, "Thanks". I can't tell you how many times an infantry push succeeds because you guys are sucking it up, and doing the grunt work of keeping the 'battlers' supplied with ammo, and our Sunderers and MAX's repaired. I know it isn't glorious, but victory is very often attained by the sweat of your brow and the glow of your nanites.

Well done Engi players, and Cheers.

[IMG]
    • Up x 39
  2. Flix

Thanks..It`s always wierd to look at what the squad plays for classes...and see that ALL 5-6 players playing engineers..why? Because you dont see ANY player besides us runnign around fixing gens n sunderers n turrets. "Hey the shieldgen got hacked...lets ignore that until it blows..and then ignore the fact that it is down" -.-
  3. allattar

Aw thanks.

Ill get back to magmowing or lolpodding happy that im appreciated :)
    • Up x 1
  4. Hosp

Can you send some of your Engineers to Connery? Ours don't seem to know they're supposed to drop ammo and repair friendlies.
    • Up x 4
  5. itzCujo666

Funny...I play in a fairly organised outfit and we are continually having to get people to switch from engineer to another class, otherwise we'd roll out with multiple squads of just engineers.

Engineers make the big certs, and everyone wants to play them
  6. DuggeDank

I mostly play engineer, and I'm always repairing, resupplying or suicide mining stuff if there's nothing else to do.
    So thanks :)

But I agree with the above poster, I often have to change to my backup class because there's a million engineers in the squad already, so I'm not sure they are that rare :p
  7. Custodes

Cheers mate!
  8. Ormadil

Thanks for the cheers, now, the real question, is what will happen to us engineers, if they bring back the ANT and NTUs?
  9. Zotamedu

When I play engineer, I often play frontline engineer. Dropping ammo and repairing MAXs in the middle of the battle. That's great fun. It gets me killed a lot and I don't get many kills but it sure is fun. Trying to sneak out to repair a broken generator when a base is under siege is also fun.

Standing around a group of AA MAX is not very fun and it seem that's the place you are most likely to find them. I've seen AA teams with more engineers than MAXs. It was so bad that the MAXs constantly managed to friendly fire because the engineers refused to stay at a safe distance.
    • Up x 1
  10. Custodes

Let have a Irish drinking song!
  11. Garantine

I play engi regularly, in fact if I'm not rolling HA (about the only really survivable infantry class), I am always Engi. Used to play a lot of LA until I realized they simply weren't a very strong class. Would rather have the repair function to maintain my tanks/aircraft, infinite ammo, and tank mines, than jump jets and........well thats it.

I love playing front line engi, but the self-focused HEAT tank engi can be pretty rewarding too, so can the lolpod and run ESF engi. I don't really think that engis are underappreciated though. It's hard to throw that much appreciation around anyhow when there are 12 engis by the sundy alone and 30 along the war path.
  12. Podster

Thanks. Now can you tell all the maxes to stand still whilst being repaired? ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. DankFist

And here I thought this was going to be another "FIX ME DAMN IT!" thread.
  14. DankFist

Ugh, I hate being put into the same group as the "vehicles ******" Not that using a vehicle only is a bad thing ( I think it is but that's just like my opinion man ) but I hate it when people look at my class and say Oh, you're an engineer? Most class played? You must be a vehicle *****. I mean really, if all engineers were vehicle ****** who is that repairing your turret? Supplying you with ammo? Fixing your Tank/ESF/Lib/Gal because you went head first into a volley of flack/shells?

You know who you are.
  15. Takara

As a dedicated Engi I gladly do the grunt work. My Score per hour is outstanding for it :) I miss being a hacker as well like I was in PS1. But I bruise it up front well I drop ammo and sap enemy sundies ^.^
    • Up x 1
  16. Gisgo

Now deploy your ******* ammo pack you filthy ****ers!!! :p

Seriously, you are most welcome.
  17. ChironV

Typical day for Engineer...

Running after maxes who are screaming "I NEED REPAIRS!"
    Throwing down ammo packs as guy asking for ammo runs away.
    Throwing down mines only to have friendlies shoot them.
    Putting up a turret and getting headshot 3 seconds later.
    Repping a tank and scoot behind tank to avoid sniper fire and tank rolls over me. Then the driver asks why arent you repping me? Well because I am under your FREAKING TREADS!.

Getting tons of XP for repairs.... Worth it.
    • Up x 8
  18. Bigpapasquatch

Nah, there is more than enough negative on these forums. Time for some positive 'attaboys'.
  19. BengalTiger

Pro tip: Changing fire mode of the turret makes it become an ammo pack, thus it's possible to carry mines and ammo at once.

Pro tip: Dropping an ammo pack does not deconstruct the turret if it's deployed, so one can give suppressing fire and ammo at the same time while the tank mines are waiting for a careless enemy.
    • Up x 1
  20. Garantine

These are good tips for new/inexperienced engis. It really does seem like a staggering number of people are not aware of the ammo pack/turret swap.
    • Up x 2