[Guide] GD-7F Bullet Drop/Velocity Attachment Comparison

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DaftMedic, Feb 17, 2013.

1. DaftMedic

Very quick and informative side-by-side comparison of the affects that GD-7F attachments have on bullet drop/velocity.

• Up x 3
  2. DaftMedic

Spent a good amount of time on this and I believe it is useful information. I know it isn't very controversial and there isn't much to say, but if you found it useful please bump the thread so others can see it. This is my first and last bump.

I do this for you guys!
  3. the pestimist

great vid:)
    • Up x 1
  4. Kite Carling

This is a great video, especially the way you've edited it to show them side-by-side and in slow-motion. Any chance some of the other attachments can get the same treatment? Compensator and foregrips spring to mind.
  5. Crywalker

I think the standard with the GD-7F is probably no soft point w/suppressor. The suppressor is very important for LA play style, the soft point I don't think offers much that's worth its downsides.

A guide for bolt actions done like this would be more useful, since I doubt most people are trying to snipe with the GD-7F.

Also, the gun recoils up, so you're probably going to be fine not worrying about the drop at mid ranges either, maybe a bit if tap firing for headshots but I don't think GD-7F is suited for that.
  6. the pestimist

Great vid ive never seen the gd-7f with a suppressor + soft point ammunition:) very informative.
  7. Sinoby

Very useful vid, thanks for your work.
  8. JP_Russell

Good video, but I think it'd be enhanced if you showed those shots with a 4x scope. Zooming in on the image doesn't have quite the same effect in terms of fidelity as just seeing the tracers with a lower field of view. Not that I blame you for not dropping 30 certs just for a comparison video, or anything; just putting it out there.
  9. Sheherazade

Well it's a carbine...not even meant for long ranges...and for that it still performs insanely good without a suppressor on it. And with a suppressor you make the commitment to only use it in close range where it won't matter anyways.

I hope people will now shut up about how hard it is to hit with bullet drop...because unless you mod it for close range kills it doesnt really matter as you can see in that video (he is shooting at an extreme range...one that NO one should use a carbine at and yet unmodded the thing is pretty accurate)
  10. allattar

Very good video. What it shows quite well is the distance bullet drop becomes important.