NC starting infil loadout is amazing

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Crywalker, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Rhumald

You think the Magshot is good? man, I tried a TR a little while back, their handgun is just, killer... not gonna lie, it makes me jelly.
    • Up x 1
  2. Crywalker

Ah right, yeah the NC MAX is good. I meant their other infantry weapons particularly. TR and VS weapons are both considerably better in my experience.
  3. Mattressi

This is complete BS, unless you're a terrible player and all NC are stars (I'm guessing that at least the latter is incorrect). The default NC pistol does 200 damage, requiring 5 body shots or 3 head shots to kill someone with no nanoweave armour. The VS pistol isn't great, but if you got 6 hits on a no-nanoweave armour guy, that's 1000 damage and they're dead. 3 headshots and a guy without nanoweave is dead too. Unless you're missing your shots and/or NC guys are getting headshots, there shouldn't be any reason you would lose every fight.

I got one and looked back. It has less DPS than the Magshot and also less damage per magazine. It is less accurate when sighted and unsighted, still and moving. It is an all-round worse gun than the Magshot and I don't understand why some people love it so much. I get that people like high-damage guns, but when the higher damage is only useful for the first shot (anything thereafter has a lower DPS), it doesn't make sense to me.
    That's not to say you can't win duels with it at all - but if you're up against an equally skilled opponent, you will lose more often than they will. As for the RoF being unnecessary - what range do you use your pistol at?? I am always clicking as fast as I can with my Magshot (i.e. it's firing at it's maximum RoF) and landing most shots. When I do the same with the Rebel, I run out of ammo. If I take my time to line up the shots, I'm dead.
  4. Zinus

i like the NC music :(

was one of the tree main reasons why i started NC (other two were that NC are blue and have bolt action starting rifle for infs )
  5. Highfall

100 certs and you can buy the XM98 on vanu
  6. Rhinzual

Too bad the bolt actions for Vanu have bullet drop.
  7. SGTWOLF68

I agree but among us NC snipers it is commonley argued whether the bolt action of the nc or semi auto of the rest is equal or unbalanced.
  8. MeltingCPU

When I said I win duels with the Rebel I was not saying it gives me the advantage over the enemy, you will always be at disavantage using a pistol against an auto weapon, add it to the fact we inf have less health... but it turns winning possible.

The Magshot IMO is only good at close range where you can spam the mouse button, but even in that situation I find the Rebel better because you need less bullets, lowering the probability of a miss, and at that range you are probably getting headshots. A Rebel HS hits much harder than a Mag so the higher Mag DPS is only theoretical.

With the Rebel I can shoot people around 8 meters far, but you have to shoot it like a semi-auto rifle, timing your shots. Surely it's not the optimal range but it works.

I usually kill enemies with something like 4 shots, only running out of ammo when things go desperate. I don't find it inaccurate at all, maybe because I have to time the shots when the enemy is moving so I'm always shooting the first bullet, I don't know. 90% of the time I use it unsighted and with that I have better mobility to move and use cover.

The reason I got it in the first place is because I saw there were a lot of bullets left in the Magshot after I killed an enemy, so the perfect tradeoff for me was to have less bullets with more power. Maybe you shoot a lot faster than me, or you miss more, I can't say, but I find the Rebel much more efficient and versatile than the Mag.
  9. Mattressi

I would love to have a trade-off where I get more power but less bullets per mag. Instead, the Rebel simply has less bullets per mag. The DPS is still lower than the Mag-shot and the shots to kill are 4 for the Rebel and 5 for the Mag (2 HS for Rebel and 3 HS for Mag). One less shot required can be great, but when the trade-off is everything else (including DPS/TTK), it seems pointless to me.

I tend not to miss too much and I shoot as fast as it will fire. Really, the only reason to go for the Rebel over the Mag is if you take quite a large amount of time between shots, since you won't get the RoF/DPS advantage with the Mag. Even then, though, the Mag is more accurate (so says the PS2 weapon data spreadsheet) and has more bullets and damage per magazine. If you're shooting at close range, the Mag is best (highest DPS), if you're shooting at long range the Mag is best (best accuracy) - it's only if you're shooting at close range, but at the same rate as you should be for long range (i.e. long time ebtween shots), then you might want a Rebel.

Your point about headshots is good for enemies without nanoweave. With 1000 health, the 2 headshots from the Rebel will have a lower (better) TTK than the Mag (which takes 3 headshots), however if they have any armour, it will take 3 headshots from both the Rebel and the Mag, making the Mag the clear winner. Though, I find headshots are only viable with the Rebel if I fire slowly to ensure accuracy, but this greatly sacrifices DPS and increases the TTK over just emptying a magazine into them from the Mag.

To each their own, of course, but I just don't see why anyone would use the Rebel, other than for the feel/style of it. It is inferior to the Mag in almost every way.
  10. MeltingCPU

The thing we disagree on is that I think you consider DPS per magazine more important than per shot. The MAG surely has a higher DPS, but because it carries almost double the rounds of a Rebel. When you need only half of the 15 to kill an enemy I don't consider that an advantage. And sure, I shoot faster with the MAG, but unless the target is very close or still you will have to reset your aim and that's where the Rebel shines. I kill people faster with a Rebel at any distance (even close quarters spamming the mouse button) so as I sad I find the MAG's higher DPS only theoretical.

At long range I just don't feel the Mag is a viable option, you can't use it's strength (ROF) and the damage dropoff is too much to make a difference.

Yes, an enemy with nanoweave takes three headshots from either, but in practice that's very hard to acomplish. In a close quarters faceoff you are probably hitting the enemy's head and body so either way you'll need less bullets because headshots with the Rebel still hit harder so if you get one or two you'll need less shots to the body.

All in all it's good that we disagree, it only shows weapons are balanced around playstyle as they should.