Station Cash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Showgun, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Showgun

There going to be any Station Cash sales like the 3x event? Cuz i cannot see myself buying any at the current rate =(
  2. RF404

[Chorus x2]
    Last Christmas
    I bought 3 times Cash
    But the very next day they took the bonus away.
    This year
    To save me from tears
    I'll make sure to buy some extra.

Once bitten and twice shy
    I keep my distance
    But the prize still catch my eye.
    Tell me, baby,
    Will you give a new sale?
    Well,
    It's been a year,
    It doesn't surprise me
    (Merry Christmas)

I bought it still and spent it
    With a note saying, "I want more,"
    I meant it
    Now I know what a fool I've been.
    But if I bought some more
    I know I'd been fooled me again.

[Chorus x2]
    Last Christmas
    I bought 3 times Cash
    But the very next day they took the bonus away.
    This year
    To save me from tears
    I'll make sure to buy some extra.

• Up x 4
  3. whiteshadow2000

I'm the same as the OP, I won't buy more at the current rate, especially with all the poor performance issues when trying to run the game at an acceptable FPS.

The fact we get ripped off compared to Americans on the UK charges doesn't impress me either.

I would have thought it might have been a sensible idea if SOE had run another 3x SC due to their bodged attempt at improving performance with the last patch. It would have been a nice way of them to say thankyou to the fans for staying with the game, despite all the issues.
  4. MiZrY

Station Cash deals like the 3x/2x days are not exclusive to PS2, unless it's some gamecard or nvidia type deal. If they give a 3x SC deal they have to give it to ALL SOE games.... good luck convincing them to give very single SOE game a discount because a few people in Planetside 2 want a handout.
    • Up x 1
  5. Xaturas

Prices are so overpriced that the only sensible thing is to wait for 2-3 SC sale, and for 50% in game sale.
    Even the bundles are fricking useless, most of the time you get **** you wouldn't want to buy anyway, or there is no info. For example there was camo bundle, it just said camo name, no info if its weapon/armor/vehicle ...
    Then comes the no preview for cosmetics and crap like that.
    I still got 3k SC don't intend to buy more, don't intend to spend it on fluff, just waiting for good camo/cosmetic sales and new cosmetics. For example it would be nice if they started giving more armor upgrades ... its like what 3-4 months now since the composite.
  6. Alesteex

They're not asking for a "handout". They're asking for a SALE. Two completely different things. And a sale (especially for a virtual item) can go a long way in getting a company what it wants .... their customers' money.
    • Up x 2
  7. whiteshadow2000

Good post Alesteex. :)
  8. Highway_Star

I bought 30,000 SC in December. I've still got 20,000 left. I'm making it rain bichas!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. Elaan

Some players began playing after the 3x SC sale and are now at the point where they are comfortable spending money, but the staggering $7.00/gun isn't helping them bite the bullet.
  10. MiZrY

You do realize 3x/2x days are for all SOE games right? The best deal you are gonna get are deals on items..... and the 3x/2x SOE deals that are for ALL SOE games that happen from time to time. SOE isn't going to make PS2 special. If you buy SC in game for PS2 you can use that same SC in another game. Word goes out that PS2 is having a 3x/2x deal and no other SOE game is, you will have a lot of non PS2 people upset.

How is asking for a sale not asking for a handout? "Come on man, hook me up bro..... I'm your homie" Go into any store and say, "hey, put this on sale..... or make my $1 = $3" and see what they say.
  11. DeadOnArrival

A double SC sale wouldn't be bad either.
  12. whiteshadow2000

Companies maximize profits when they run sales otherwise they wouldn't do it MiZry, so they're not effectively a handout at all.

Certain people with the money or who like the game enough will spend on it, even if the prices are high but many players won't spend money on it until the prices reach a certain level. If SOE don't run sales they'll lose revenue in the long run.

Do you think Steam run sales for their customers out of mere kindness? No, it's because they get revenue they wouldn't have got from players who weren't prepared to pay the higher prices to have the game on release, earlier on etc.
  13. MiZrY

I'm pretty sure SOE knows more of it's business then you or I do. You telling them to put stuff on sale is like going into a store and demanding a certain product goes on sale. They are not going to listen to you. They know what will make them money.

When they put up a 3x/2x day it will be on their terms, not yours. Trust me, I'd love to have a 3x deal day right now, but I'm not going to demand it because they don't give a damn what I think.

And once again, if they make a 3x/2x day for PS2 they have to do it for ALL OF THEIR GAMES. Most of the SC I have was purchased in another game on a 3x day over a year ago, and I'm using it in this game.
  14. Highway_Star

These sales only really happen on important days (the release date or christmas day). They can't just do them for the hell of it.
    I'm sure they'll put on an event to mark the 6 month aniversary in April - or maybe tie it in with Easter. It's more time for you to write your shopping list:)
  15. whiteshadow2000

Fair post Mizry, although I'm not demanding they put a sale on, just pointing out that I'm not prepared to pay more at the current prices when the game doesn't even run that well on most people's rig's.
  16. Bubbay

You're assuming they have to have the sale on SC. If they want to do a favor for Planetside 2 customers only, simply offer discounts on the PS2 items and leave SC pricing alone. Call it a President's Day Sale. Or a "We Gave Up Overcharging on Weapons for Lent!" sale. Or whatever.
  17. MiZrY

The title of this thread is "Station Cash" that's not assuming. I was talking about the topic..... so explain how that is assuming. I've already posted in a similar thread to have a "half off items day". I even stated something like that in this thread. "The best deal you are gonna get are deals on items" So YOU are assuming that I never mentioned it.

I was just stating that PS2 will not get an exclusive SC day no matter how much you beg them. Yet people want to argue this will me and it's silly.