Vehicle "Kill Stealers"?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Aslandav

From all the information you have since given here, all I have read is you saying "I am..." and "I am..."...etc. Not once have I read you saying "My Faction" and "My Team"...etc. So, isn't it more than obvious enough that, from all the information and remarks given by you here that, your play style is indeed "solo"? and we then can rightfully remark that, your play style is basically all centered around yourself?...shall this not be a selfish play style, I fail to see what else can be as selfish.

I am not looking at things "idealistically"...really, play in a team...work in an outfit...and start to THINK for YOUR FACTION instead merely THINKING about YOURSELF...you will then see this isn't an "ideal", but rather, how this game is Supposed to be Played.
  2. Jurav

My point was that it is NOT about the XP, if a person runs up to compromise an SCU of Generator that I am already on, then I usually just back off and let them get it, and guard them while they do so, but to have someone run in behind you and TK you is just annoying, since it requires me to respawn.

Don't focus on the XP and certs, focus on goals like attack/defense/covering your teammate etc..., it makes playing so much more enjoyable and not a grind. If you start getting into blaming people for kill stealing and such, you are going to be constantly angry.
    • Up x 1
  3. Laraso

... wow. It's a complete and total waste of my time to talk to you. I'm going to ignore anything you ever say after this point. Goodbye forever.
  4. Aslandav

BINGO!!! This is how this game is Supposed to be Played! Team Work, NOT Solo "all my, all my" actions. Shall all these selfish players start to learn to play PS2 as it is supposed to be played, both them and the rest of the players will enjoy the game much more.
  5. Aghar30

once again, its dead, WHY DO YOU CARE?
  6. Laraso

7. Kittel

This is a result of kill = more xp, what they should have done from the start is xp is based on damage done not kill. so if an infantry is worth 100 xp base kill, if you did 90% of damage you get 90 xp, minus any special xp associated, ie headshot, menace, kill streak stop, vengeance, defense etc. Same for vehicles and person(s) inside, if you did 90% you should get 90% xp...

The issue with this is repairing/healing, but his is simple enough to handle, example, if vehicle has 100 health (just example) you did 90 damage, ie 90%, then it get healed to 100% and someone else finishes it off you did 90 out of 200 damage needed to kill it, ie 45% so you get 45xp, etc.

Interestingly if you take your total damage divide it by current certs you end up with around 500 damage per cert (it will vary per individual),which translates into 250xp per 500 damage, ie 1 cert, they should have used this system, or something similar, rather then clear kill xp system currently.
    • Up x 1
  8. Laraso

I think that might be a little too generous. I'd get a cert for taking down someone's shields and then I'd get another cert for killing them.
  9. TheEvilBlight

"Hold your fire until you see the whites of their eyes...or when they're in the red!"

Bunker Hill would have played differently if they had focused on cert farming.
  10. Jurav

Maybe your confusion is coming from how C4 works. A single C4 charge only does about 1/3 of the damage needed to take out a Sunderer. A Light Assault can only carry two C4 charges max, so he cannot take out even a single Sunderer even with both of his C4's. From my experience as an LA using C4 alot, dropping both charges on one Sunderer then firing them, will not take it out, and usually an Engineer comes in and repairs it. This is a waste since it costs 100 Inf resources to resupply one C4.

The guy you are referring to was not likely intentionally trying to kill steal, but just did not want to waste his Infantry resources. He waitied until the C4 could actually achieve something. Yeah he could have blown them first and let you get the credit for the kill, but really, the point is that the Sunderers were destroyed, not about who got the XP for the killing blow.
  11. MarioO

The only vehicle kill "steal" that annoys me is when I plant 2 C4 on a tank or a tower and some idiot shoots a rocket on it, hits me (yes, me, not even the tank itself!) and kill me, triggers my expensive C4 and so get the kill.

2 C4 lost, being dead and no XP... that's fun, don't you think? But I don't think that happened on purpose.

But many people get angry about kill stealing. One time a couple of guys (it's a long time ago) shot with launchers at an enemy aircraft and because a guy didn't kill the thing, he killed one of the other ones with a rocket.
    • Up x 2
  12. Laraso

There was a supply terminal. If he didn't want to spend resources he could have switched to Heavy Assault.
  13. SnakeTheFroski

I think XP should be delivered on a flat "% damage done" formula. Do 90% damage? You get 90% of the XP when it blows up.
    • Up x 1
  14. VoidMagic

^this

Most damage should get the kill credit also.
    • Up x 1
  15. bodmans

in normal combat situations this doesnt aply, i guess. just everyone is sooting them
  16. SnakeTheFroski

See, I disagree with that because there's a lot of situations where that isn't fair. Say you throw a grenade into a room and wound a few people to less than 50% and then you die, and then your team mates pick up your slack and kill them but none of them get any kills. XP for % damage done is fair, but a killing shot is a killing shot regardless.
    • Up x 1
  17. Arcanum

Because he didn't get as much XP as he deserved. Without a cert grinding system none of this would happen.
  18. Kittel

well it would have to be scaled correctly based on %, not actual damage inflicted (ie 1% 90%, 100%, not 20, 800, 1000 damage), example: if a kill is worth 100xp and i did 90% damage, i get 90 xp, if the person is healed my 90% goes down, the more they get healed. if the person redeploys or logs off before dieing the 90% xp, whatever that equates to, is simply lost, since no one died and the xp cant be dished out, you only collect if the person died then based on total HP to damage % is divvied out to all applied damage dealers..
  19. Laraso

Is that strictly HP, or does it count shields too? If it counts shields, then you'll lose XP whenever your target's shield regenerates.

Heavy Assault would create a problem as well, as they have essentially 1.5x the health of other classes because of their ability shield. If you kill a heavy before they activate their shield, does that mean you only get 66 XP? They still had 1/3 of their "potential health" left.

The current system for infantry is just fine. Giving XP for the damage dealt to infantry would just be stupid especially considering how quickly they die in the first place. This would also make it way too easy to boost. Imagine 5 engineers all sitting around MAX repairing it, and 1 enemy heavy shooting it with an extended mag LMG.

We don't need XP for damage vs. infantry. We do need it vs. tanks though.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tasogie

This is really sad snapshot of player base's today, They all feel they have to be paid to do something, when in fact your playing the GAME to have FUN. If you are not having FUN then don't play. You don't need to be paid for everything. The COD generation really has polluted FPS gaming to such a bad degree now. The entire point of paying PS2 is to kill, period. It doesn't matter who kills the enemy as long as he is dead. All this "waa I am entitled to more, I WANT more, GIMMI MORE!!.... is just stupid on so many levels.

As long as my target dies I dont give a **** who kills it. Nor should you, unless all you know is "gimmi more......"