Vehicle "Kill Stealers"?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Redshift

Firstly it doesn't really matter.

Secondly a LA can't kill a sundy on his own, C4ing a full HP sundy is a waste of C4 since the next person to spawn at it will rep it back to full, if i'm sitting near an enemy sundy i'll wait until it has at least 1 rocket in it before blowing it, because then i know it will die.
  2. Fox Reinhold

Usually happens to me. I'll toss two C4 onto something completely undamaged by allied and then get a rocket to the face suddenly. Very frustrating.

I would actually consider paying station cash to get a third C4 for this very reason. I don't play LA, but a crafty medic can get down cliffs quickly and easily thanks to the ability to self heal so I've managed to pop up in some odd places as well.
  3. Laraso

A LA can easily kill an ungaurded, undeployed Sunderer next to a friendly resupply terminal on his own.
  4. Arcanum

No. The cert grinding system is what creates this issue.
  5. Caydn

exp is easy to earn as long as the enemy vehicle is destroyed I dont care who in my team gets it as long as its destroyed I fight for freedom
    • Up x 1
  6. siddar

Assisting others on vehicles kills is actually the best method of killing them most of the time.

Everyone splitting up and trying to solo multipule vehicles at same time is actually the worst method of killing vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  7. Aslandav

From the information you gave after-hand, then yes, Both YOU and that LA are selfish players. That LA is selfish by the accusation you have since placed on him as well as playing not in a team. YOU, on the other hand, besides the original fault which many have since addressed you with, also must be pointed out, YOU are selfish by not playing in a team for team-work...you already admitted you are "ghost attacking" and "ghost capping" in SOLO...so that's that.

Once again: There is no such thing as Steal Kills in PS2...unless you are "solo ghosting"...of which, you shouldn't.
  8. Laraso

Just how in the name of all things good and holy are you coming up with this stuff? At what point did I say I was ghost capping? If you really need to know, I had redeployed there to grab a Flash because all the terminals were hacked in the area I was previously in. It was a friendly base. Where on Earth did you get the idea that I was trying to ghost cap a friendly base?

Also, you're still looking at things idealistically. Please stop that, it looks stupid.
  9. woooow

Doesn't matter much to me as long as its dead
    • Up x 1
  10. DukeFlash

1.) Shoot the C4 to make it explode and you get credit for the kill if it's the C4 that kills anything. Goes for all explosives, including teamkills so be careful

or

2.) Don't care and move on.

You should have gotten a critical assist which is almost as much exp. Maybe the Light Assault was purposefully trying to kill steal or maybe he was just trying not to waste his C4 by detonating it prematurely and some enemy repairs it. C4 takes resources.
  11. Jurav

This happens to me all the time, but I don't much care. My goal is to kill the Sunderer or Tank. The xp is just a bonus.

The thing I DO hate alot is the jackwagons who TK you near an SCU so they can get the points for destroying it instead of you. I dont care about the points. I just want it down, but to have someone TK me over it is really annoying.
    • Up x 1
  12. Laraso

He could have switched to Heavy Assault and killed them himself. There was a supply terminal in the area. If he wasn't trying to be malicious, those sunderers would have already been dead by the time I had arrived.
  13. DukeFlash

Then refer back to 1.)

If you think he's being a dick, then find his C4 and shoot it. You'll get credit for the damage.
  14. Laraso

I did not even know he had planted C4 until both Sunderers were already dead. I assure you that if I had known they were there and had known his intent, I would have.
  15. Palor

It is the same mentality of people that kill friendlies who are in the process of destroying a generator or an SCU. I have seen it time and time again, unfortunately there is no way to stop it. Heck I have watched medics kill other medics when there are a lot of dead allies around just so they can do more rezes.
  16. Laraso

Exactly. The people in this thread apparently think it's selfish to care when a teammate purposefully steals a vehicle kill, but it's OK to care when they steal your rez or kill you to get credit for the generator overload.

Such as this:

17. cc2001

Guess everyone views things differently.

I was working with another heavy (or so I thought) taking down an enemy MBT one time with dumbfire rockets. We were firing from different angles and cover and alternating our fire so that the tank driver didn't know what to do. I just so happened to get the killing blow and the guy *****ed on voice coms that his kill was stolen.

To me we'd been working together to take down an enemy target, not sure what he thought we were doing or if he was just oblivious to the fact that I'd been firing on the tank as well.

Point is that it can be amazing/amusing/mind boggling what some people consider kill stealing in large scale team game.

Even if you're not scoring the kill shot and you've done most of the damage, I thought you get critical assist bonus XP on top of the normal assist XP. I'll have to double check next time.

I also don't see the equivalence of "kill stealing" and TK'ing...
    • Up x 1
  18. Laraso

Shooting a manned MBT at the same time as someone else is not kill stealing. Watching someone shoot rockets at ungaurded sunderers for two minutes and then detonating them with C4 before they can finish it off is kill stealing.

It's not about the XP. It's about the people who do this kind of thing.
  19. Phyr

If you fired rockets at a sunder for 2 minutes and still don't kill it you probably never will.
  20. Laraso

I fired rockets at two sunderers, so it takes twice as long. Most of that time was spent waiting for my Shrike to reload.