[Suggestion] We need a BETA-SERVER

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Beta017, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Beta017

Read the Red colored lines for a summary of my problem with SOE
    Read all text for in-depth rant

I am tired of the Vanu, the TR, and especially the NC(Matt Higby and SOE NC supporters excluded) of suggesting ******** ideas to SOE stating the following

"Nerf Magriders and buff the Hacksaw(Some people really think it's underpowered)"
    "VS needs more buffs"
    "Nerf everyone except for the NC/TR/VS(Depends) so that way we can win"
    "Buff lockons/Nerf lockons"

Seriously the list goes on. So what do we have with the people on the forums suggesting this big pile of bull**** to SOE.

We have a nerfed faction (Vanu) with its population scattering to the NC and the TR because we dominate more than the Vanu now. We have outfits on every faction that specifically use the weapons that are unbalanced.

To show evidence of this statement I will use the DVS of Waterson NC as an example. No offense to you people but you abuse the unbalanced weapons(Remember there are OP guns and UP guns in the NC) and complain about the nerfs on them on the forums.

Back when the Zephyr and Dalton were overpowered, each faction had outfits that only used lib's for free kills and XP until it was nerfed which I think everyone agreed on for once.

If it were up to me I'd find every one last of the 4th factioneers and ban them from the game but that's my opinion of course. Note that I have played as all the factions and know the issues of each faction as well as the abuses each one has made and have never left a faction because another was OP.

My point is that SOE should not implement nerfs and buffs as well as adding weapons until testing the weapons/nerfs/buffs in a public beta server. We are in a major need of a public beta server in order to test SOE's fixes before releasing the fixes on the main game.

BETA SERVER

So to make the Beta actually work correctly we would have the following:
    • SOE will randomize the weapons that you own(You will have free weapon modifications towards these weapons one for each class and vehicle) Example: One day you might have a basic Lightning cannon; the week after you have a brand new Skyguard at the cost of the original weapon.
    • Everyone will have different weapons to ensure that every weapon is tested by players to ensure balance.
    • Character's friends and outfit's will be passed down from main game.
    • At the end of each game(When logging off), the game will give you a survey which allows you to report on the weapons that you did use in the game.
    • You can also report weapons being unbalanced and the more and more reports are filed on the weapon(Skyguard as example), SOE will investigate to find any balance issues with the weapon themselves and will determine(Just in-case if an entire outfit tries to nerf weapons on purpose)
    • At the end of each day the Beta client will send data to SOE giving the information of which gun's gave the most kills, deaths, which faction won the most battles, etc.
    • Everything including warpgates is rotated every 2 weeks.
    The idea is a decent fair one meant to fix the complaining issues with the game because in my opinion, the community cannot run the game efficiently and ruins the overall game. This can be fixed if you create a beta server that SOE allows tests on and sees the effects of the changes they make before it is released.

I hope that you liked this post and are tired of people ruining Planetside 2 by complaining nonstop and creating drastic changes which is devastating both the game and the community.

If you want to see a game that has actually implemented this idea and works efficiently click the link below

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Riot Games has implemented this idea and I have been part of it which I must say is fun and great to help a company build a game.

Planetside 2 is a game(Technically still in Beta) the needs a testing server that is PUBLIC.

Have any ideas of Public Beta Servers? Post below and keep the discussion flowing.

Fight on fellow Auraxians and fight for a better Planetside!
    • Up x 3
  2. MrBloodworth

This post is not biased at all. Nope. Nor is it Yelling, or demanding. It also lacks any insults of the people its making a request of.
  3. TheEvilBlight

I think a test server with everything enabled would be interesting. People would be encouraged to try new crap and potentially discover interesting bugs.
  4. SenEvason

We might see it. Right now, Connery and Miller are being used to test render optimization. Beta testing patches doesn't seem that big of a step from there.
  5. NightmareP69

I agree with this, we really need a beta server to test buffs and nerfs before adding them into the game.
    I also share your hate for the 4th empire, ever since the patch we VS players now have 25% population in most servers since all of the 4th empire players ran to the TR and NC side. Those buggers just keep going to the faction thats currently considered by whiners to be the most OP and run away as soon as something gets nerfed.
  6. Nature

There has been a NC buff? NC still has the worst weapons and will have as long as the flinching mechanic remains the way it is. NC still has the lowest DPS tank, the worst ESF and the most visible armor. And the only nerf vanu got was the magrider, which had better KDR in tank v tank fights than prowler and vanguard combined. And no, the scatmax is not the best max in the game either.
  7. Nariquo

they dont want a beta server
    because there you can test weapons and stuff. so they loose money because then new weapons would be tested before they would be bought
  8. Beta017

I am unsure of an NC nerf/buff but I am absoluetly sure that there was a nerf on the VS. This ultimately led to the mass migration of the VS population to the NC and TR. It is unknown why the VS would switch to the NC if they were UP(Since they left because they were nerfed)

Develepors DID confirm that there were buffs on the NC which I believe to be reload times being decreased.

I thank all of you for your support in a Beta-Server and let's keep this up on frontpage so that way SOE can see it. Thank you for discussing the ideas on the thread.
  9. Beta017

They already have a feature like this called trials. You can get trial weapon for a limited time. In the idea of the beta. You wouldn't have any choice of weapons. An algorithm developed by SOE would determine what weapons you own like a champion rotation in MOBA games like DOTA, LoL, SMITE, HoN, etc.

By not having a trial mode, you would discourage people from making micro-transactions in fear of getting ripped off. The trial system has fixed this issue and allows players to actually buy guns that are worth it.
  10. Beta017

If you're being sarcastic(Which I hope not), I will admit I don't like the NC at all but have played them as a main during late beta and somewhat now. Carbines seem underpowered but the Hacksaw is f'ed up in so many ways.

I am not demanding, but I am warning SOE of the potential future of Planetside 2 if they do not do something to fix the unbalanced issues of the game.

If they do not make any attempt to actually make sure the things that they add from the Roadmap and nerfs/buffs/etc. to the main game are polished and cause the least problems unlike the January patch which caused, optimization issues, balance issues, and possibly more.

I am biased strictly towards the abusive outfits of the NC, VS, and the TR whether they are the Azure Twilight or ODAM (If these outfits are abusive).

Thank you for your opinion and have a great day.
  11. Vangelis

Last time I checked, trial is the base weapon (no attachments). This doesn't do justice to testing other than just a stripped down weapon.
  12. Regis7575

13. Arkha3

If they do release a testing server, they have to do it very carefully. Unlocking all the weapons can be a bad approach for some people. Why bother playing live servers if you can just play on the test server with everything unlocked? (Keep unlocks limited to what devs want tested.)

In my opinion, a test server needs to be closed to a random group of dedicated people. Perhaps alpha squad users?
  14. Beta017

No no no no no. You don't understand. The public ruins games like Planetside 2 for example VDRS and DVS and ODAM abuse the weapons in the game which are of course OP. Because of this abuse it pushes people to whine and force SOE to nerf the faction. We need people to abuse the game but I do not want to deal with these people

Instead of my idea of banning every last one of these people which is by far extreme, we need to create a beta server that allows anyone to play on it. We then have people like ODAM and DVS abuse weapons in the game like the Scattershot as a perfect example or NS-Annhialators and then we see these weapons get nerfed thanks to the abusive tendencies of these outfits.

Also let me be clear that
    YOU DO NOT OWN EVERY GUN IN THE GAME!
    YOU OWN A WEAPON FOR EACH CLASS/VEHICLE.
    This rotates every 2 weeks to allow diversity in the beta and gives people a chance to use each weapon and test its performance in the battle.

I have been getting beyond pissed by seeing every game on Waterson having 45 percent NC for their weapons which is absurd.

A PUBLIC BETA SERVER is the only solution to the crisis.

SOE If you want people like me not to quit Planetside 2, you need to find a way to balance weapons in the game and the Public Beta is the only solution you have.
  15. Cl1mh4224rd

You'll have access to all weapons and attachments in the upcoming VR Training Area.
  16. EvilPhd

They are getting their feet wet with the test server idea.
    They have a few times done shout outs for people to load test XXX server and "come check out the render distance over here", granted they should use the official forums a bit more than the twit.
  17. TheEvilBlight

That assumes we get around to the VR and test every weapon for things like the shoot-90-degree bug that plagued the Vannie and Prowler for a day. One would hope it would. Things like bugs in guided missile performance wouldn't be noticed in VR if the VR AI is as stupid as it was in Planetside1 and just sat there waiting for you to shoot it.
  18. Beta017

I understand that the VR Training Area will be a means of testing weapons but only in a controlled environment. I'm talking about a server dedicated to testing of these weapons in real(Game) combat
  19. TheEvilBlight

I know that, I'm posting in response to the person I quoted, not to you, the original poster.
  20. Aege

First off, I'm glad you got onboard with agreeing or disagreeing including reasoning, instead of making the point about how the NC often fail on the forums by whining. Odds are people that complain will suck no matter what they're using.

Secondly, I'm ignorant of this alleged "flinch mechanic" you speak of. I've seen it referenced many times in the forums, but I play NC on Matherson, and I do not experience any upside or downside related to flinching or lack there of.

Care to explain what this means exactly?