SOE SERIOUSLY ADD CAMO AND ARMOR PREVIEW NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raichu, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Leichow

Then what's $5? I'm not losing any sleep over it... Anyway, i didn't say i disagreed with you. . I'd love the option, but It's just not as short simple and sweet of a fix as you think....
    IMO people need to get it through their head, this isn't a connect the dots, paint by numbers situation. A lot of things within design lead to .. Fix -> X .. Inadvertently-> Break-> Y .. So you could get pretty camo previews and all the sudden have ESFs that don't fly. And then what? You'd have something new to complain about how easy it should to be to be fixed. Don/t whine and *****, be realistic and realize that if you wan't something you're probably not the only one who does; and most likely it's on their list, but there are things that have more priority (i.e. rendering). It's a vicious cycle from hell, i like your idea.. But you gotta be a tad bit realistic.
  2. Raichu

Its nice to hear from SOE. I hope this is added soon. I wasn't mad the first few times but after doing it a few times after I started to get pissed off, I also think if this was added more people would purchase items. It would give them some insurance. I probablly wont be buying any new camos or armor decals till this is added myself. This is my favorite game. Just when Im spending money for stuff I dont want because the preview was mis-leading ect. I feel a tad bit ripped off sorry for over-reacting everybody
  3. Raichu

At least on the store have a link or something that can lead to PICTURES of the camo on some guys. and it is realistic plenty of other games have it.. I see where you are coming from though. And it isnt about how much money you speant. 30 dollars wont make me lose any sleep. Its just the principle
  4. xNPCx

I understand where you are coming from, a lot of us do, but your biggest misstep today was coming onto the forum ranting and raving. This forum isn't known for having the most forgiving community and with your title and opening post you were asking for trouble.

In the future, take a breath, and voice your concerns in a suggestive and intelligent manner and if nothing else at least thank people that are attempting to help you in any way they can because most people will just troll you.

Viewer is coming, just hold out a bit longer.
    Live free in the NC.
  5. Leichow

The link makes sense predetermined images is more feasible like clicking on the cmao just shows an image or 3 of the race model/camo but realtime gets a bit more difficult.

and the plenty of other games is another thing... That's like going to bmw and being like Your 3 series has a hard top convertible, why the hell is the m6 a soft top? ... Or What do you mean my diesel engine cant use unleaded fuel, my other cars do!

Just because item x and y are both games and game X has something you want, doesn't mean it should be easy to implement in Game Y :) Not trying to troll you, just trying to give you some clarity on the issue.
  6. Arkha3

Before making a purchase, it is up to you to do some research before hitting that unlock button. Granted the lack of preview is a load of crap, but there is plenty of information out there that shows what camos look like what.
    When in doubt, and you can't find any more info on the camo, buy the one time use camo. It's only 50 cents. Other than that, it's your responsibility to make common sense purchases. Know what you're buying is what you want.

cr-ap is censored? seriously?
  7. Anti-Skub

Yeah, I'm a web coder by trade Vortez, and I could produce a functional image viewer, screen grab all the camo combinations and stick them into a pretty little browser to stick on the website in an afternoon, want me to do it in some proprietary UI code I've been working with for 5 years? Two days tops...so quite frankly that "it's not a quick fix" line is bull ****.

You want to be realistic, then realistically the guy who is working on the UI and the depot interface is not the same guy that's working on the rendering. SOE isn't just Higby and Luperza in a cupboard furiously typing. Them sorting this out would in no way impact "the important stuff" and it is a comparability small job.

Now I love PS2 and I think the devs are doing a fantastic job, but it's frankly ridiculous that this hasn't been pushed through yet. I can't believe that marketing doesn't have guys down there whipping the coders to get them to work faster on a critical part of the cash shop.
    • Up x 2
  8. Comatose23

You should know that software and facilities are two completely different things.

They should generally not be built the same way. Software companies in the past built their products like buildings, known as the waterfall model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterfall_model). They had a ton of planning, documents, and concepts. Sometimes the plans would be followed and other times it was impossible to follow. Generally the customer would order a product, the developers would build something and when the product was done, they would release it to the customer. Sometimes the customer would be satisfied, and other times the product would not at all be what they customer wanted. This is what caused agile software development to come around.

Recently many software companies started using the agile model (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development). I believe Sony is trying to do this as well as they can with this game, although it is hard to follow it exactly with the amount of customers they have. This process involves much less planning and much more releases (usually a release once a week/2 weeks but in this case, a month), while keeping the customer (us) involved from the beginning.
    The customer will tell the developers what they want, and the developers will program something based on that. They will then let the customer use the product and give them feedback, like a beta (Sony is still currently doing this). The roadmap is their way of telling the customer what we can expect to be released and an approximate date of when it will be released. Agile seems to be a much better method of developing software so far.

Getting into your issue, they may not think something is going to cause a problem with the customer, like the camo, so they may be happy with what they have and do not think they would need to create anything better. Then the customer may want something more, and they get feedback from the customer, so they update it.
  9. Raichu

I understand this. I really do. I understand their approach to development. This is coming from the same guy who made this thread
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/thank-you-soe.77640/

I am not complaining about the game. I love the game. Its my favorite game of all time. I am complaining about the store. essentially SOE's main source of revenue for this game. This is something that should be worked on asap. I am sure linking a few pictures of soldiers in armor or camo or letting people know if you have a certain armor type on, your decals wont show up is not something that will take more than 2 days. That being said. The game Is great I don't complain about changes or problems in the actual game. This is about the way the store is. I am 100% sure I am not the only one who has purchased something and disliked it. SOE should do a better job with thier store. The game is fine. The store isn't. And the reason I am so upset over this is, This is something that should have been perfected before release
  10. Xaturas

What he said, end of thread. Sony could make some easy peasy web browser show a picture, crap in 1 week tops, by getting some outsourced student doing it almost for free.
    But noes, lets grab cash from these poor sobs that buy things and don't even know if they will like it.
    If they sux so much they should at least give us the TRIAL button, same as for weapons. At least we would know what **** we get into.
    Don't tell me that even doing that would take a vast amount of time/resource/money.
    For god sake they are professional coders not trained monkeys juggling bananas.
  11. Leichow

You think i was going to go into that much detail with someone when they can't even grasp the idea of it's not just taking two legos and pushing it together?. Bottom line this game is f2p .. People CHOOSE to spend their money however they wish, the fact he has buyers remorse over some camo when he clearly could of run around this world and seen someone using it or saw someone with a cool camo and been like 'hey cool camo, which one is that (if he cant figure it out himself) doesn't call for an immediate need for this viewer...

These forums crack me up, nobody is ever happy. TR is op VS is OP, NC is op this that yadda yadda.. What about hey i play this to relax and have fun.

Quite frankly, these forums for the most part are just one giant *****fest. Funny enough since beta i had friends who cried abot X and Y and a huge majority of those things were addressed. If there's something missing, and it's 'that freaking obvious' You can be rest assured its most likely in their development plan somewhere. I've played games online since the early 90's and this is a rare occasion where the Devs actually listen and do stuff based on popular demand. But people get something and something messes up and its apocalypse now. just a little pathetic, just because the internet brings anonymity doesn't give people the right to be
    a-holes and make demands such as THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN RIGHT NOW, :)

There's a right way and a wrong way to go about things, and i'm sure these all caps title'd tirades i'snt the way to go about it. It's like the kid who throws a fit at the grocery store checkout line because mom wont buy him that candy bar.

TLDR: Grow up.
  12. Anti-Skub

What are you rambling about? You talked out of your **** and I corrected you. This is a simple job that a large portion of the community want. It should be higher on their priorities list than it has proven itself to be. What part of that sounds unreasonable to you?

But yeah, your right, I should grow up...says the man who throws a tantrum when no one agrees with him.
  13. TheBloodEagle

For ***** sake, just be patient, the preview ability is suppose to come out this month. Don't buy any cosmetics until then.
  14. LameFox

For the record, having looked at that model viewer thing just now, using camo I already have... yikes! Don't expect it to look anything like that. It's almost like viewing them at 30% opacity or something.
  15. Raichu

Do you have a source to prove that?
  16. xNPCx

17. Raichu

18. xNPCx

Not a problem, I had mentioned the roadmap in my first post but I probably should have thrown the link on as well.
  19. Lord Robert

How many people do you think are like the OP who bought camo and didn't like it? Dozens? 100's? Do you think they would have bought that camo if there was a preview to look at? Here's a hint. Answer is no.

How about all the people who spend 50sc to "preview" a camo before they spend another 500 to actually buy it? You think they will keep spending that SC when there is a preview option? Nope.
    Now ask yourself this. Does SOE make more money this way? Or would they make more money if there was a way to preview camos? Answer is this way, by far.
    SOE stands to lose out on what could be substantial revenue when they implement a camo previewer. Of course, there are people like me who won't buy camo until the previewer is released, but we are just future revenue, we'll be cashed in on later.

Its all part of how you monetize a F2P. I doubt they would be adding a previewer at all if there weren't websites out now doing it for them.
  20. Souleater

Will the official camo preview includes helmets and patches? That would be great.

I would be more inclined to spend out 500SC if I know what I'm getting, tbh.