Solution to crown camping

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheMagicCookie, Feb 13, 2013.

1. TheMagicCookie

While I was on my Outfits website, I came across a topic of how to prevent our team (VS) from just huddling down in the Crown. While I won't disclose many details, the idea is simply to create a buffer zone around the crown, meaning no enemies at said Alamo, meaning people need to search for certs elsewhere. I would suggest anyone who hates the crown mega-siege to try and do a similar thing, breaking out and making a buffer.
  2. Beerstein

What's wrong with the Alamo? (Besides the fact that everyone inevitably dies)
  3. Rusky

That will generally just move the fight over to the Crossroads or Ceres Hydroponics. Might be more fun though, since the Crown fighting rarely involves any vehicles other than the cross hill lobbing contest nobody ever wins.
  4. TheMagicCookie

I do know the fight will go elsewhere, but thats the point: move it away from the crown for at least a day or so. Give more to do than the Crown TDM Fragfest.
  5. Aslandav

Better yet...let SOE just delete "The Crown" from the game...there and voila, problem solved!
  6. TheMagicCookie

The Crown: Why PS2 can't have nice things?
    • Up x 1
  7. 13lackCats

OP: that's what all the players do.

It is remarkably shortsighted to think that the surrounding bases around the crown are not part of the battle for the center of the map.

Deleting the crown would be like removing the middle 4 squares from a chess board. If you play chess, you'll know what that means.
  8. Fox234

Denied. The Crown is great the way it is. The only facility in PS2 were an actual fight can take place. Even Biolabs can't compare to the awesomeness that is the Crown.
    • Up x 1
  9. TheMagicCookie

At least on SolTech, NC usually has it with TR & VS wrapping around. The NC just sit there, letting us kill each other and never actually being able to take anything.
  10. TheMagicCookie

I don't want it blown up, its just that people always "BLOW UP DA CROWN CUZ IS OP!!1!!". I think it should not be removed, just trying to give the people who want it to be removed a way around it.
  11. Jurav

They should incorporate what WWII Online did. Once you successfully attack or defend large places like the Crown, or an Amp Station, the hex should be invulneable to attack for a certain amount of time. Like 30 minutes or so.
  12. Aslandav

Problem right now is, 99% of the players play solely and only on that "middle 4 squares from a chess board"...
  13. TheMagicCookie

And that's why we came up with this idea. Force them to go elsewhere, because there is no fight at the Crown.
  14. 13lackCats

Could it be because it is the most physically dominating, incredibly important strategic, center of the map where all factions meet?

I also challenge your figure of 99%.

If you don't want to fight for the crown, secure it. If you can't secure it, then it will be fought for. Just as the most basic rule of chess is to control the center, so is it in this game.

The OP, while still rudimentary, has the right idea. The goal should not be to wish something away, it should be to understand it, and overcome it.
  15. Dusty El Lion

The NC on SolTech nearly died to this stupidity. We were being warp gated by the VS and the TR while we had entire oufits just sitting on the Crown, the entire map was red and purple save for two blue specs at TI Alloys and The Crown, it was ridiculous. NC10 and the 137th managed to break the hold around our gate and regain most of the north, but not without some *****ings and kickings of idiots who were like "OMG DA CROWN MUST BE SAVED!"
    • Up x 1
  16. Fox234

There was in beta but the devs said it didn't fit with their idea of how the game should play. There also used to be real defense XP.
  17. TheMagicCookie

That's SolTech NC for you!
  18. NateDiesel

You could always just tell your whole platoon that story about the guy who went to the crown alone and got kicked for it. It's a little long though... =/
    • Up x 2
  19. Aslandav

You see, you and the original poster as well as many others are asking all VS players to perform this in order to make it work...of which is a good idea but still difficult in the fact not all VS players will follow this for various reasons as well as some obvious reasons of "cert farming".

My suggestion, despite not a likely one as well as it is distasteful, is asking the SOE (game devs) to delete that place which will instantly forces all players to go to other locations for fights...it will solve the problem without the requirement from all the VS players to agree on the same goal. However, an idea is an idea...I am well aware my idea will NEVER be placed into the game.
  20. TheMagicCookie

We aren't asking all VS, its just an idea we popped. In fact, we only planned on 2-3 platoons. It doesn't require an entire team to do this.