Vehicle "Kill Stealers"?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BlackAlpha

Maybe I value XP less than some people do, but I see that as 6 cert points, or around 10 infantry kills. While I'm fighting (as infantry), I usually get hell of a lot more than that. And usually I'm more worried about controlling the enemy spawn points than to wait until I can steal a kill. It's just not worth my time.

I think that once you reach a certain skill level, you won't bother to steal kills because you'll be making more XP by simply playing the game.

However, I play in a team, which means we often dominate an area. That probably might have something to do with it.
  2. Gisgo

It always happens to me, typically HA guys are "stealing" my AT mine kills with a rocket, but i know its not their fault im just too sneaky :), sometime i steal a tank kill with my flash, and i had tank drivers yelling at me :p never been shot tho.
  3. queue

This is something I don't care about at all. Points mean nothing to me. The faster something is dead, the better. I have stolen kills and had kills stolen. So be it.
    • Up x 2
  4. Phyr

No, you WANT every cert as soon as possible. There's a difference.
  5. Tasogie

There is no kill stealing, there is no such thing. The aim is to kill everything that moves on enemy team's. (unless your NC an then its just kill anyone you see)
    • Up x 4
  6. Itermerel

if i see someone put effort into killing the sunderer i always let them finish it off

its tempting, though
  7. Flix

Actualy I dont realy mind the difference between critical assist and kill. What bothers me is the fact that i`ve done all the work and he gets the kills of the driver/passenger and i dont get assists on that..because of reasons. Another halfass-implementation brought to you by SOE. Just for the sake ot "not thinking things through".
  8. Nate

Thought the changes SOE was making to exp would fix this. But it didn't. We do now get exp for ground to air damage. Which is an improvement.
  9. Arcanum

Me too. Disappointing...
  10. Eric Smith

Depends on the situation. Sometimes you gotta take your shot just to make sure it dies. I'd rather blow up a Sunderer somebody else was working on than let it get away from both of us.

Best "kill steal" I ever got was in a pre-patch Tech Plant Battle. It was highly contested and insanely thick with fighting. I rounded a corner and saw the Sunderer, aimed, and fired. I didn't know it was about to die, but when it exploded I got at least a dozen kills. I was gunned down immediately after, but the explosion did so much damage to so many people I was still receiving Kill Assist XP several minutes later.
  11. Flix

Actualy I didnt expected anything other than that. Whats so hard at implementing %gain on dmg dealt? If one dude lasthits the enemy with 1%hp he gets 1% of his exp-value. Where is the problem with that? But nooo.
    • Up x 1
  12. AnnPerkins

I can't fault him. I've lost even assist xp from dropping c4 because some triger happy HA shoots a rocket and detonates MY c4 and gets all of the xp.

YOU DIDN'T EVEN USE INFANTRY RESOURCES YOU KILL STEALING PIECES OF HUMAN FECES
  13. Laraso

The difference between what I described and what you described is that in your case the HA most likely did not even know the C4 was there, and detonated it without even knowing about it.

In my case, the LA deliberately set up C4 knowing I was going to damage the sunderer, and then detonated the C4 before I could finish it off.
  14. Xaturas

Yeah?
    Wouldn't be so sure. So many times I was blown up by my own mines, because some trigger happy HA shoot at my back while I was throwing them.
  15. Laraso

To be fair, Heavy Assault is a dedicated anti-vehicle class, while Light Assault only gains the capability to do any damage to vehicles at all through certing into the C4 or underbarrel grenade launcher.

Heavy Assault should get priority over Light Assault in vehicle engagements.
  16. Duff_Chimp

Man if i had a kill for every time that happened to me, i would have twice as many kills for sure.
  17. TheArchetype

Especially when c4 is so overpriced.
  18. Xaturas

To be fair, I play engineer. Any player with IQ above that of a dog, should understand *if this ammo dropping guy runs to that sundy rather than drop ammo box for me so that I can plank plank plank at the sundy for next minute, it probably means he got some emm mighty sticks that blow em up that sundy*. Yet here comes the rocket at my *** as I drop the second mine and try to run away.
    At last the only fun thing is, blowing up a sundy with infantry defending it, and you just running trough them dropping mines and killing everything while dying to condensated firepower.

La is a different monster, he can fly so someone can not see him, however not seeing an engi requires some eye fixing, or brain fix in future because that is just dumb and stupid.
  19. Laraso

Well congratulations then, SOE just added anti-vehicle MANAs to the game. Now you can be a Heavy too!
  20. VoidMagic

I rarely get the kills I work for and do 99% of the damage for. I know that people are constantly kill stealing but, I can't stop myself from trying to beat the enemy back... just doesn't feel right to allow the enemy to advance cause I want to steal the kill. So I just figure Im horrible and keep fighting.