Smarten up TR, Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, Feb 4, 2013.

1. LordMondando

Your allways going to have to expect an element of fludity, as i've noted as well. Back several weeks ago both the NC and VS as a whole were far less organised. In a big way its not so much TR loosing anything, its VS and NC gaining. Largely though simple things like people making a point of using Voice comms on leader chat (to everyone else on the NC, I sound like a tool I know).

In this the NC have been making big strides, whilst improvements certainly can be made, again being involved in leader chat is a big thing, but how you get involved is another. Civility here is super important, if you cert into /leader and run a squad, don't care what you think. You have to act like a responsible adult and compromise when necessary for the good of the team, it no longer becomes about 'you having fun'. Arguably unless you play the objective and think of other outfits as well, your never going to win (yes yes, "whats the point". Thanks to the various ps2 existentialists for that one, you play a game to win it, god forbid you show a bit of sportsmanship whilst at it (my trash talk in /yell is not srs by the way, though by my new theme macro-economics hope people are getting that now). Think this can all be lost a little at times. I cannot talk for TR or VS here obviously, I presume they are in a similar situation.

Also simply how many major language groups on a side there is makes thing a hell of a lot easier. NC for example, is largely British and French (in terms of leadership, obviously notable exceptions within DL I might add). Most of the French outfit SL's and PL's speaking pretty good English (much better than my french) so where people are and where people are needed tends to get across once a few people get over the 'well I can't be arsed' or 'I'm shy I don't wanna talk' phase.

TR on the other hand, especially since the influx, are easily the most diverse. I know of large polish units, Spanish, french, British, Italian.

So TR have had a harder time organizing.

NC and VS have started to lay ground work for mass organised ops.

Thats whats going on to my mind.

But I can't stress this enough, unless your willing to get involved in the solution to the problem is 'how does I help organize some 600-700 people on a map, 2000ish per side per server, in a giant space warz'.. then you loose the right to criticize anyone trying to.
    Wait and see, more to come. I'm obviously not going to give away operational details.

In large part of lot of outfits have learnt a great, great, great deal about the game in the past 2 months. One thing its hard to deny is that NC has a fairly steep learning curve, months of trial and error are starting to pay dividends. Hell little things, see people shooting at gens now as the exception, it was the norm for most of December.

I'm also very proud of my NC zergypoos, when you make a clear and (I hope) amusing case for it to do something, it complies.
  2. Dotz0r

One thing (in my opinion) that the NC needs to learn the most, is that scattermaxes are not welcome in TR bio labs...period. The day i see a NC held bio lab without mass scatmaxes will be the day i shed a tear of love for anything remotely congie. :D

Other than the explosion of TR outfits, not seen the same on the NC, same old faces - wasp, conz, and a few more. VS being ISK,DWG etc with DIG probably being the latest "where the hell did they come from" outfit other then that i have not seen many new outfits etc.

Yes, I would agree TR is quite diverse - and even to throw more countries into the list u supplied there are also russians,germans..hell even BRTD runs with about 15+ americans (sometimes i think im on the wrong server!!!) and <insert x country here> I can not say anything about VS/NC even the entirety of the TR but it seems everyone is diverse and that's probably what makes the EU servers that much greater / fun - and also people on playing pretty much 24/7 with the timezones varying etc obviously helps!

And about those operational details........ care to step into my office.... i have some candy......
  3. Yawnn

Hi, this is Millers #1 celeb stopping by to say...

WTF?

That is all.

Oh yeah btw, Goon Brigade still recruiting

Www.goonbrigade.com

Stop beeing bullied and become the bullier today!
  4. Rolfski

Exactly this is the single most prominent reason I prefer playing my TR character on Miller over my VS toon on Mattherson and NC alt on Connery.

You just can't beat all those funny accents and different voice personalities, it's priceless!
  5. LordMondando

Just to clarify my earlier comments as well. NC are not some homogenous block. Simply that by lucky circumstance. Most of the large units are largely commanded by English speakers.
  6. Dotz0r

o
    And there is me thinking NC were all homogenous, living the freedom inspired life.... NC! do not be oppressed by your corporate CEO'S and bully boy antics. Use your own language! (hehe that will put a wrench into your organisation /me sneaks away)
  7. Tigga

So it would appear that there are some people, who may or may not be the OP and his friend, who were recently kicked from a certain outfit who are running around TKing that outfit's vehicles whenever they see them. At least 5 prowlers TKed today.

Real mature guys...
    • Up x 1
  8. KMKZHomicide

9. Tigga

Acting like a stroppy 5 year old doesn't really help your case though does it. I'll let the forum/GMs decide what they think about people repeatedly TKing vehicles.
  10. Kairis(TR)

methinks we need another mass TR alliance night....twice already we were so close to breaking the VS lock...
    although NC vut off our supply lines....twice
    still epic fights in the trenches in the south
  11. shakkar

im sure its the reason - and not that on miller you are more ppl then vs and miller have together?
    is it fun to megazerg?
    to roam over everything because there is no need to fight with a few against xxxx red-idiots?
    you join a overpopulated faction on a server because its so much fun to be the overpopulated faction (by far!!)???

omg...
    and you guys wonder?
  12. Canaris

If I'm able to decipher what your trying to say is the TR outnumber both NC & VS combined on Miller?
    I am wondering something right now about you.......
  13. Rolfski

Not sure what to make of this juvenile gibberish, talk English next time please. But if you're suggesting that having fun is the same as zerging and TR on Miller have more population than VS and NC combined, then I seriously doubt you brain capacity.
  14. shakkar

the only thing i can see on miller is nc fighting vanu ... and get roflstomped by tr..
    there is no need to stay on a continent if the tr megarzerg arrive..
    and ppl still join tr...

if you complain about my english, wanna talk with me in french or german?
    you cant? hm...

let me guess, you are both tr on miller @rolf and canaris?
  15. Alge

You and your man friend are mostly just tk'ing your own faction players. So, you can start smartening up from there.
  16. Canaris

You'd be correct in your assumption Rolf and myself are TR, however your claim that the TR megazerg just roflstomps both VS & NC is a fallacy.
  17. KMKZHomicide

Our zergs suck it takes BRTD 50 mins to show up:O
  18. Istrebljivach

NC/VS collaboration, what are you on?
  19. Phebus

I think you'll find that the TR dive through the VS and NC bases, get attacked by both empire who then have to really struggle to uproot the TR due to the massive population which is certainly the case when I play. I shudder to think what's going to happen if the servers merged to Miller also have a silly TR population because I'm seeing 45 percent TR now, will it be 50-55 percent on the merge?

Either the NC or the VS would be unable to battle 2 fronts unlike the TR. I think the way you play now is relatively smart because if a pattern emerges showing how powerful the TR actually are on Miller at the moment then there would be cause for reassessment of balance and you would lose ten percent of your pop. Multiple characters of different empires on each server was such a dumb idea.
  20. Dotz0r

Nothing to do with numbers, it seems TR work together more closely then the other factions so it appears that TR has overwhelming numbers, the bigger outfits on TR use joint voip to co-ordinate better. - it seems to me that NC/VS outfits just seem to go it alone sometimes and we rarely come across more then 1-2 outfits of VS/NC in one area en mass. (in the open plains etc)

If the NC / VS forced themselves onto the same path together and stayed the course, they would probably make headway, but it seems that NC/VS are easier "weened" off an assault by threatening their holds elsewhere.(Ex throwing forces against the VS on indar ALWAYS drew VS off of amerish, no matter how close they were to success allowing us to re-sec amerish/esamir without no real loss on indar.)

Never ever been anyway NC/VS collaboration - imho the VS have some right to talk when they get us down to crux mining on amerish to let the NC pressure us as well. - Its the same for you on indar - two forces in close proximity having the same goal does not mean collaboration - its a multi front war and TR/NC fight each other more for the right to claim the locking of the VS more than the VS! So really - in essence it helps the VS as we have to fight each other to get to the VS. Sometimes it seems practical to push NC because, at the end of the day - its a hex! and if TR have forces to take and hold then they will go for it and vice versa. (Basically no1 knows what the other faction is doing, just because the NC have a blue Hex above VS WG does not mean its defended for example, so tr is like "lets take it!" etc)

And yes @homicide - it may take 50 minutes for BRTD to get to wherever you are, but in that 50 minutes we have pretty much capped/saved as many bases over the time its taken to cap the current "farm" location. People make it sound as if there's only one choice of places to go to. We know you don't like us, but please - bore off and stay at the crown while everyone plays the bigger game.. :)
    • Up x 1