[Suggestion] Reaver massively overpowered

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArgonTitan, Feb 12, 2013.

1. ArgonTitan

First of all, I wanted the Reaver to be improved before game update #2 was released, because they were too easy to kill with the mossi. Unfortunately, the developers increased the Reavers turn speed so much, that I hardly shoot down any of them now. In combination with the lock on rocket spam (concerning all pilots), flying a Mosquito is now not only pointless but also a depressing experience, when Reavers are nearby.

Prepatch I used to be a good pilot, but as everybody else I need an aircraft, that can compete with his rivals. IMHO that problem concerns Scythe pilots as well, as they are quite easy to kill now compared to the NC ESF.
    Please rebalance the ESFs !
    • Up x 1
  2. randalthorr

Interesting....... VERY interesting.

I'm expecting an entertaining discussion on this thread when I get back home from work tonight. Don't disappoint.
    • Up x 4
  3. Sharpe

You just broke the first rule of these here forums...

You called something from the NC - Overpowered.
    Just you wait until the NC whine squads drop in.
    *Grabs popcorn*
    • Up x 2
  4. VoidMagic

Disturbing, but expected. NC win at forum whining, next up...
    Why it's unfair the Scythe can fly an indepth report by NC correspondent
    "FairNBalanced"
  5. Charlie

You managed to shoot me down, and that doesn't happen very often, so there can't be that much of a problem.

The Reaver hasn't been changed. All that has been changed is the vehicle mouse sensitivity, so most people are now playing on a higher sensitivity than they were before.

Also, in regards to my own piloting, I use a lot of tricks and quirks in the game's physics to make my craft turn as fast as possible, but not everyone in the game understands how to do this. I consider myself a good pilot, and I can see massive differences between people who know what they are doing, and people who only understand Roll/Pitch/Yaw.

Long story short, nothing wrong with the Reavers.
  6. Peacemaker12

• Up x 3
  7. Doodles89

With the latest 'sensitivity' update, NOT reaver buff that everybody thought it was, every ESF changed a bit, but reavers for some reason seemed to get a bit better.

However, As a scythe pilot, reavers are still easier targets to kill than mossies cause of their large hitbox, while mossies have a long and skinny body which makes them hard to hit from every angle (they're flying telephone poles)

As a mossie pilot, well we can't complain. I definitely feel I pull of reverse and hover dogfighting maneuvers way better on the mossie with faster base cruise speed.

And in dogfighting, YOU ARE NOT AIMING AT YOUR ENEMY FROM 0 Degrees back or front (people dont get this) (which is why diagrams of a flat scythe are pointless)

When you dogfight, you are mostly seeing the enemy plane from oblique angles as you try to pull crazy hover maneuvers and what not. This means that a flying pancake like the scythe if its in any plane other than 0 degrees is huge, as is a flying refrigerator that is the reaver. meanwhile, the Mossie is a long telephone pole no matter how you look at it.

In summary, it USED to be mossie>scythe>>>reaver... now its mossie>scythe>reaver
    • Up x 1
  8. shakkar

lol, a mosquito pilot complaining about the reaver..
    you tr-guys are really pathetic.
    ingame too...megazerg ftw.

only braindead join red...

btw, you are an engineer mostly playing with mosquito - k/d 2,1?
    no, you never were a good pilot.
    nothing really changed, you just still suck.

• Up x 1
  9. Brusilov [TR]

Which patch are you talking about? The one where they changed the default flight sensitivity?

A dev recently posted saying that the Reaver had not been buffed. Please post some patch notes or failing that (as we know that changes are often missing from those) some proof that the Reavers turn rate is actually considerably better than the Mozzies.
  10. Deschain

I grabbed the popcorn expecting an interesting read, sadly i fell asleep halfway through.
  11. EvilPhd

• Up x 2
  12. Compass

*spittake*
  13. Bill Hicks

So basically you other factions laughed at the reaver for months now it can bite back, and its overpowered? NC has basically had to fight with little or no air support for months, because all the pro flyboys with their flight sticks went to VS or TR and anyone trying to learn with the reaver got owned, hard.

Protip: if you are saying something is OP, its not a suggestion, but an assertion.
  14. T0rin

Reaver went from UP to OP and nothing changed. What's that tell you?
  15. Morpholine

Strange, the Reavers I faced last night died the same as they always do.

Are you sure you weren't just having an off day, OP?
  16. Stordito

the reaver is fine. leave it alone.
    it's the scythe that is a pain to hit in any chase,
    scythe's armor should be proportional to the chance of hit. slim.

the Reaver and the Mossie have both a massive silhuette , but the scythe has basically more survivability than the 2.
    Don't say the scythe is bigger from above because it does not help you in a dogfight with a skilled pilot that keeps evading facing only the small side.
    Fortunately most VS pilots are mediocre and not very skilled...
  17. SargeantShepard

I've killed 4 reavers.

As infantry.

With the default dumbfire launcher.

Seriously, one hit and boom, they die.
  18. Ash87

I suck as a pilot, and I've shot down reavers with a mossi

It's still a flying brick. I once shot one down with a shotgun, it was epic.
  19. TintaBux

Reaver is still by far the worse aircraft between the three against each other. I played Mossie and took down 8 reavers before dieing, much harder to do that against the Mossie which has incredible agility/speed maneuvers. (Similar to the Sytche) And I'm not pro pilot.

I suggest learn how to fly.
  20. Kapernum

raver most fast ab speed :mad:
    raver rotari most dps :eek:
    raver turn same moskutio an sytce
    raver best hover

raver only little biger airplane?? looooooool

nerf i think my assessment is :cool: