Why TR claymores are the BEST mines

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightFall, Feb 9, 2013.

1. TeknoBug

Yes, if you're referring to placing it behind doors and in the middle of the door, you do not have to put the VS/NC ones in the middle of the door, it'll still trigger and still has a blast radius, I do it all the time because there's players smart enough to look down the door first before enterring.
  2. Mustarde

Claymores are awesome because they are FAIR. If you are careful and looking, you can see them and shoot them. If you are careless, you will run into them and die.

Betties and Proxies are broken imo - they are invisible on stairs, or cant be seen as you walk up. They blend into the interior environment and I dont know how many times I have died to them while carefully walking and staring at the ground. This is not balanced, nor is it fair. In a FPS game that is skill based, there is no reason to have weapons like this that rarely can be countered.

I would rather see all factions have something as visible as the claymore. People will still die to them, but have a chance to defuse if they are careful.
  3. Edelhonk

lol...our little trollnoob here needs another round in the kindergarden i think...50 degree isnt a quarter of a circle aka 90 degree

50 degree is the angle of the TR claymore

here on the pic you can see how far the Claymore is from 90 degree. On the ground you see a perfect 90 degree angle from the ground texture and above the claymore..and the claymore only triggers AND does damage in the area between the green lasers and the pic is done few mins ago so your argument about lasers are gone is also BS

[IMG]

With this angle the Clay normally must have 3 times the range of an Betty or a proxy to cover the same area they do but it dont has...the range is not even 2times of the proximity range of the Betty/Proxy

a Betty or an Proxy i can simply drop and i know 50% of the time i will get a kill. I can use them to kill someone who chase me only by dropping them after i passed a door or a run around a corner.
    I can put them on the ground very fast without thinking about if i lay them so they do their damage in the right direction.
    • Up x 1
  4. NightFall

LOL nice photoshop...but alright lets calculate this:

NC/VS mines have range of 1 @360 degree angle
    TR mines have range of 3 @ 50 degree angle

pi*r^2 = 1 pi for VS/NC
    (50/360)*pi*9 = 1.25 pi for TR

thank you for proving me wrong and proving that not only do TR mines have MORE damage, they also have 1/4 MORE area

LOL

GG
  5. Frosty The Pyro

Just as a note, the lasers do not necisarily indicate range or angle of the explosion, realisticly they would only indicate range and angle of detection, though as its a game that may or may not line up either.

Claymores directionality means they can be used in many ways proxy/betties cannot. they can be droped right on an enemy without worrying about blowing you up too, can be used to protect your back while sniping, placed so when you hack a maned turret it will blow up the ejected ocupant without risking getting yourself.

On the point of green lasers, I have seen them as non-TR once, it was when I saw the guy plant it, all other times I have seen claymores as NC and VS they did not have lasers. Acording to a different thread that was talking about it you can only see the lasers if you are in a certain proximity when the claymore is planted, otherwise no laser. And if you leave proximity you cease to see the lasers.
  6. MarioO

I don't get your math.. how can be 14% percent of a 360 degree can be more than 25% of 360 degree with the same radius?
    pi*r^2=x
    (pi*2r^2)*25/100=x or (pi*2r^2)/4 aswell, but that is more than (pi*2r^2)*14/100). I'm pretty sure about that.
    I don't know what the radius of "normal" mines and the claymores is, but that's it as long as the TR claymore's mines have double the radius of normal mines.

EDIT: ok, I didn't got that you assumed the TR mines had 3 times the radius of the other ones. But since they don't have 3 times the radius in game that's ignorable.
  7. Edelhonk

thanks for making clear how stupid you ****** actually are...this is no photo-shop noob and if you actually had a TR-char with claymore certed instead only a TR wannebe forumtroll account u would know it.

and above you said range of 3...again you posted BS. They dont even have twice the range like i also stated in my post so its

for the TR: A = pi * 2² / (360/50) ~ 0.55pi

next time you try to troll do your homework.

Btw...if you had a TR with certed Claymore you would know if you lay them very close to a wall or object or only drop them on the ground in the hurry they will face in a total different direction you are looking in the moment you placed them.
    • Up x 1
  8. TeknoBug

Um that's not a photoshop, you can actually see the lasers.
  9. NightFall

yes because he's also TR noob
  10. JudgeDeath

Oh crap we have a proximity mine on the desk at work too ... better call the police !
  11. Edelhonk

thanks again making clear what a ****head you are

btw...found a nice picture of you...must be from your last family reunion...you know...that one where you meet your cousin and later wife

[IMG]
  12. ThaaMilkMan

lol man claymores are a joke compared to the other mines. Stop making up bs. It was only a week or two ago when I played on my NC alt and saw the green lines.

Placing a claymore at the sides of doors only lessens your chances of getting a kill. They instantly explode when someone enters its triger radius, so very often a guy just about to walk into a door will trigger your claymore thus causing no damage.

The best way to get a kill with a claymore is to have it facing perpendicular to the route of the enemy, anything else just sets it off prematurely.

Therefore to use a claymore effectively you must place it in a way that will likely get it spotted, due to its more easy to spot design.

There are no advantages for claymores over prox mines. Only disadvantages.
    • Up x 1
  13. Munq

Is this the new hot thing to complain about?
  14. Arcanum

No. It's perfectly fine to have unbalanced mines. Players who even care are just whining noobs am I right?
    • Up x 1
  15. ArcMinuteLight

WHERE EXACTLY DOES IT SAY TR CLAYMORES HAVE MORE RANGE AND DAMAGE?
    You last thread was closed because you were full of ****, are you full of **** this time too? Because it certainly looks like it.
    • Up x 1
  16. NightFall

TL;DR

Claymores are OP
  17. Radec594

I'm sorry, I'm usually striving to be civilized and everything but darn, you are infinitely stupid and your existence on these forums is an insult to everyone who's unlucky enough to read your threads seriously..
    Kk, I'm done.
  18. NightFall

ok bye
  19. Itermerel

"an free kill"

lol
  20. Phazaar

Playing on NC (I have characters on all 3), I end up missing claymores CONSTANTLY. Every time I'm forced to (stupidly) place a mine in plain sight and watch it destroyed, I get so pissed. Tactically positioning insta-kill IWIN buttons is not really 'limited usage', it's just forced intelligence. I really would happily accept a switch if it's really making your lives miserable.

Moreso, I think this is probably a grass is always greener thing (both on the whiners sides, and on my own). It's probably balanced as is.